IGNORED

Pattaya Blue Sky Review

Ziplee

I have been monitoring the prices for a trip in November and noticed the prices have been low for Blue Sky.  

I have stayed here before and would stay there again no problem.  

Loved the rooftop pool!

Booked for my trip in June and November, paid £18 for both stays with Agoda anout 2 weeks ago,thats under 800 baht a night, contacted hotel to see what price direct they emailed back with 900 baht. I booked after reading good reviews on Agoda and now on reading reviews here I think made the right choice with this hotel.

I am not a big fan of Soi 6 so that was not reason for booking this hotel,booked purely on excellent reviews and central location and easy access to many places in pattaya.

Just checked on Agoda for November just to check the price ,it has gone up a couple of pound to £20 which is still cheap for the quality of this hotel.

I stayed there last month. I don't think it would suit everyone, because of its location  but for under 800 baht it is hard to beat, with nice sized rooms, nice rooftop pool and quiet area. 

I would definitely stay there again if I wanted to stay outside of the LK Metro area.

1 hour ago, MidniteM said:

I stayed there last month. I don't think it would suit everyone, because of its location  but for under 800 baht it is hard to beat, with nice sized rooms, nice rooftop pool and quiet area. 

I would definitely stay there again if I wanted to stay outside of the LK Metro area.

No problems for joiners, ladies or ladyboys?

On 25/05/2022 at 10:28, bauhaus said:

No problems for joiners, ladies or ladyboys?

No problem with ladies. 

Not sure about ladyboy.  Should be no problem, I've not seen any hotel make a big deal about ladyboys

On 25/05/2022 at 22:59, MidniteM said:

I stayed there late 2019 when a place in the Buakhow area had hiked rates and broadened the definition of high season.

Its a nice hotel, handy to the Six. Good staff etc. Thoughtful extras and a quite reasonable price. Good breakfast buffet and restaurant etc.

Only a 10 Baht ride from the likes of Buakhow etc.

The area in general seem popular with Koreans, not an issue either way personally.

• Like 2

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

On 25/05/2022 at 13:59, MidniteM said:

Who wouldn't it suit? Is it too far to bring TG back from Soi Diamond and Walking Street?

2 hours ago, wonky said:

Who wouldn't it suit? Is it too far to bring TG back from Soi Diamond and Walking Street?

It IS a long way from Walking Street, if you have a friend with you.  There are multiple hotels within a short walk of Walking Street that you could enjoy.  No, they will not be as cheap, but there are significantly more convenient, if that is your thing.

You can get the Baht Bus, of course, but it is not as convenient as a short walk.  You know there is even accommodation above the Pattaya Beer Garden at the start of Walking Street.  That is reasonably cheap if money is a concern. You have to weigh up the money/quality equation.

The price is great, but the location is not, for some .... if you want to be close to Walking Street or LK Metro, Blue Sky is not the hotel for you.

If your budget is a bit more, I HIGHLY recommend W14 hotel just off Walking Street.  The rooms are a very good size and it is pretty much a 45 second walk from Sapphire.  A recommendation for close to LK Metro is Acqua ... the rooms are not big (and could even be called small), but they are modern and do the job and are on Soi Honey.

(Edit to add: If you are looking at picking up from Walking Street, you budget should be more than sufficient to stay at a place like W14 Hotel)

Edited by MidniteM

I was hoping the bhat bus would be ok to take them back to the Blue Sky.. monies not so much of an issue (and I dont want to skimp and not get full enjoyment out of the trip) but the Blue Sky ticks a lot of boxes. seems a nice hotel. But i'll check out the W14 too.  I might just book a few days in one and then a few days in the other

On 05/06/2022 at 06:56, wonky said:

Walking St. is no problem going or coming back, on the baht bus. LK is going to be Bolt, probably 40 or 50 baht.

3 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Walking St. is no problem going or coming back, on the baht bus. LK is going to be Bolt, probably 40 or 50 baht.

as stated walking st out and return easy. LK / tree town etc to pattaya Blue Sky is straightforward via baht bus. but your right about bolt or motorcy to get from Blue Sky to LK /tree town

4 hours ago, Ziplee said:

LK is going to be Bolt, probably 40 or 50 baht.

I used to just get off the baht bus in the Tipp Plaza area on Beach Road and walk up to LK. See the sights on the way up Soi Diana or Honey, whatever.

Going back to the hotel just walk down to 2nd Road then catch a Baht Bus.

But Bolt is also an excellent option.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

18 hours ago, Zeb said:

Going back to the hotel just walk down to 2nd Road then catch a Baht Bus.

going back.

all baht buses going north on buakaow turn left at pattaya klang. there is a chance they go straight ahead at second rd towards the beach. if so get off and catch another one on second rd. however most will turn right at the second rd lights and take you back towards pattaya Blue Sky. so it's usually 10 bht to get back, worst way 20 bht

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

been there for 3 weeks, nice place with good size rooms.

Free breakfast buffet saturdays and sundays, nice small pool on top (but for toilet you have to go down in your room).

So close to Soi 6....

5 hours ago, bauhaus said:

been there for 3 weeks, nice place with good size rooms.

Free breakfast buffet saturdays and sundays, nice small pool on top (but for toilet you have to go down in your room).

So close to Soi 6....

I have booked  Blue Sky for my trip in November  after reading good reviews on Agoda and now also getting good feedback on here looks like made a good choice.