Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

2019 Betfred World Snooker Championship

mikeyboy

Gary Wilson showed no nerves against Trump is remarkable. A 4-4 until tomorrow after dinner . He also made 140 break . Trump must give him a respect like Robertson if he want to win this match . Gary Wilson made more centuries than anybody there . 8 centuries in fact . He could upset the odds . Gary Wilson Vs David Gilbert in the final will bring a smile to many bookmakers .  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Gilbert taking advantage of Higgins terrible form at the crucible with a four frame lead , including the last black to win the most important frame to lead 10-6 instead of 9-7 , a huge difference. They are back tonight at 19.00 . 

Great story about Wilson, gave up being a pro and worked as a barman and taxi driver.  Higgins played some awful shots for such an experienced pro. Hard to believe Judd Trump is only 29, it seems like he's been around for ages. His earnings for the past year are over 700,000 and if he wins the Worlds that'll take it to over a million

Outstanding shot to win the 18th frame by John Higgins, black ball game, playing poorly. He plays a table length double to pot the black in the corner pocket, big difference in 11-7 and 12-6.

On 02/05/2019 at 20:21, dontpanic said:

Wilson looking good so far, hate that mid-session interval  quiz/comedy show on bbc red button. Some of the are laughing a bit too hard at everythong, John Parrott in particular.

Can't be any worse than that complete phony Phil Tufnell on Question of Sport  :Hit_Self:

Loving the snooker though .

Mikeyboy

Watching Higgans vs. Gilbert, and had a flash back.

Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if this has been commented on already, but does anyone remember what a cheating cunt John Higgins is? 

For all his talent he is a wanker. Any rational person that looks at those undercover video tapes of him and the bookie where he agrees to throw matches for bribes must see him for the low life that he is.

I love this game. Higgins is a great shot maker and tactician. But he should of been banned for life for the shame he bought on himself personally and the sport that gave him everything. Unfortunately, integrity matters little in most professional sports, and a cheat like him continues to profit. Shame.

Higgins and Gilbert  16 games apiece,     One game to play...winner goes through.....

Very enjoyable.

Hard lines to Dave Gilbert, he didn't deserve to lose that match, that kick he got on the red when he was in the balls probably cost him the win.

Can't see Wilson coming back against Trump now.

Really gutted to see Gilbert and Wilson ran out of the steam yesterday  , they had played marvellous snooker , nothing to be ashamed of , Wilson had played more matches ( 3 wins in qualifying stages )than the three of em (Higgins , Trump and Gilbert ) . The experience of Higgins and Trump had helped them to the final . The table was terrible , making a lot of  kicks and misses , bad for them but great for us .. 555 . We all love to see the players struggle with the table , don’t we ?? I think the table should be good today after a few bad complaints about the table .. Higgins Vs Trump should be a epic final , might even go to  a decider . Really hope Wilson and Gilbert will go stronger after their heroic performance and win a ranking tournament this year or next .  . 

I thought Higgins was gone but some mental strength to get the win. Would have liked to see some new blood in the final but I think Trump will wim 18-12.

Tables do seem to be playing a bit weird, pockets are being generous, cushions are bouncing hard and so many kicks. Is this a new model table? I know they are very expensive but it hasn't been great advertising for Strachan. Adds to the great viewing though.

A lot of the players seem to be blaming the old style chalk for causing the problems with the cushions and kicks, obviously they seem to think its affecting the balls whereas the new stuff isn't.

Trump will find it tough against Higgins, as JH has said he's been dragging the likes of Robertson, Bingham and Gilbert into wars of attrition, if Trump gets drawn into something similar with safety exchanges, tactical play and long mentally draining frames  I don't think he'll win. He has to come out and play his natural game and try and get ahead of Higgins early.

Given the season he's had I think he can do it, I can see him opening up a lead and then Higgins pulling it back, not so bold as to make an actual prediction though!!

No predictions from me....

My head say's Trump,  my heart say's Higgins.....I really don't have a preference.

Just looking forward to seeing some World class snooker.....Game on !

Both are flying afternoon , Higgins rolled all the years back today with a superb performance. Trump looked shocked and worried , he had to   Play his best  to win the last frame . 4-4 ,I think John is more happier than Trump after the first session . I hope they will slow down tonight , a few scrappy frames will be great for me . 

Great 135 from Judd, just couldn't miss. 6 centuries in 11 frames, it is some final, I may have to change my prediction to 18-17.

8 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

Great 135 from Judd, just couldn't miss. 6 centuries in 11 frames, it is some final, I may have to change my prediction to 18-17.

My money is on Judd Trump but wouldn’t mind if John wins cos he is a Glasgow Celtic fan ... 555 

both playing very well , they are satisfied with the table .... At Last .. 

What a barrage from Trump, unplayable with 8 frames on the spin to lead 12-5.

Can't see Higgins coming back...but he was 7 behind Mark Williams last year and got back to 15-15 before Williams got over the line.

However if Trump keeps playing like that he could win 18-5

All of a sudden my 18-12 Trump prediction is looking optimistic for for Higgins. Terrible body language from Higgins last night, it will be amazing if he even puts repectability on the scoreline.

39 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

All of a sudden my 18-12 Trump prediction is looking optimistic for for Higgins. Terrible body language from Higgins last night, it will be amazing if he even puts repectability on the scoreline.

Higgins was talking about retirement earlier this season, I agree it looked like he didn't want to be there last night, if he takes a beating with a session to spare maybe this could be be his last hurrah.

Hold on to your hats, 147 on for Higgins

The crash double was on the last Red was stellar....

Thanks for the updates ,   working today , but hoping we might get to an evening session .

Those centre pockets are huge from side on . Nearly unmissable .

Not ruling Higgins out just yet . 12-7

Mikeyboy

13 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Thanks for the updates ,   working today , but hoping we might get to an evening session .

Those centre pockets are huge from side on . Nearly unmissable .

Not ruling Higgins out just yet . 12-7

Mikeyboy

No , it’s 14-7 now ... just arrived home from work... Hoping Higgins to win a few after this interval.. Otherwise I may have to watch City Vs Leicester.. If Trump and Liverpool wins the premiership  , that will cover the flight and hotel to thailand ...

15-7 to Trump.

3 Frames left to play in this session, if Trump wins all 3...there will be no evening session....

Archived