Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

2019 Betfred World Snooker Championship

mikeyboy

Well ,  the World Snooker is nearly upon us again , starts Saturday Morning 20th  April and 17 days of green baize action to follow .

All the qualifying has ended and the 32 players know the draw .  Last years winner Mark Williams to play Martin Gould in the first match .

Red hot favourite Ronnie O'Sullivan  is in the same half of the draw as Mark Selby , Ding Junhui and Judd Trump so it's going to be tough .  Neil Robertson who is playing well is in the top half with Mark Williams .

I'm hoping for a Selby  Hawkins final ,   Kyren Wilson a good outsider .

Mikeyboy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for this to start again...

Bottom half definitely tougher, Mark Allen is also in there and he along with Ronnie, Trump and Neil Robertson have been the players of the season. Jack Lisowski probably most improved player this year and he's in the bottom half too!

I'm picking Selby to win it though despite his awful season, form is temporary and class is permanent etc and if I had to choose a dark horse I'd go for Stuart Bingham, knows how to win at The Crucible and when he's been on his game this year has looked really good, that top half could really open up too, Murphy and Higgins have been dreadful this year.

My favourite  time of the year in sports starting on this Saturday at 10 am for 17 days , 2019 Betfred World Snooker Championship . The 2018 champion , Mark Williams will have a tricky match at 10 am , his opponent is Martin Gould . Rocket O Sullivan will play an amateur from Blackpool James Cahill  , not easy . He beat high profile players recently such as Mark Selby whom he beat him last December UK Snooker Championship 6-3 . The first snooker amateur player ever to play in the crucible. Michael Georgiou has of Cyprus will play against on form Neil Robertson who recently won the China Open . I met Michael Georgiou at The Legend in Pattaya last January, he was pleased that I knew him as a professional snooker player , tool photo of him and me  , he won a one frame shoot out last year . Judd Trump had been playing very well this season with two ranking wins ( Northern Ireland Open & World Grand Prix ) ... I fancy two players to win the World championship , Judd and Robertson, they were playing fantastic snooker this season , Judd has changed his tactics, he is now playing more safety than ever before . Mark Selby who lost his number 1 world ranking to Ronnie , will have to find his form . Selby will play the Chinese professional Xintong , one of four Chinese professional to appear in The crucible including Ding , Thepchaiya Un-Nooh is the only thai who will play Trump . The best of the first round match is probably Jack Lisowski Vs Ali “ The Captain “ Carter .  I’m hoping for Ronnie “ The Rocket “ O Sullivan to win the sixth World Championship, if he did , probably the oldest man ever to win at the crucible after Ray Reardon who was 45 yrs old when he won in 1978 . 

C06BCED4-386F-4F92-80EA-DBEAAE7B291B.png

good luck to ronnie going to face trump or junhui 3th round if he makes it there. of course always suprises come.

Hi Jocky 

I wonder if the mods could merge the thread i started with this one , makes sense .

Mikeyboy

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

Hi Jocky 

I wonder if the mods could merge the thread i started with this one , makes sense .

Mikeyboy

Your thread looks better .. Merge mine on yours .. Can’t wait to see the epics of snooker . Used to hate Selby but now I begin to respect him , probably the best snookered ever . Ronnie was lucky to beat him in the semi last December when he got out of a Selby difficult snookered and pot the ball luckily in the last frame .  

Two threads merged.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Mark Williams the defending champion had a bit of a scare when Martin Gould came back from 9-4 to 9-7 but a silly mistake cost him a frame and a match to Williams 10-7 . He will play either David Gilbert or Joe Perry in the best of 25 frames .  Michael Georgiou had a nightmare on his crucible debut losing 0-9 to Neil Robertson until tomorrow.  Luca Brecel Of Belgium is leading  5-4 to Gary Wilson . Ding Junhui has a good lead with 6-3 to a Scot man , Anthony McGill . 

9 hours ago, jocky king said:

Mark Williams the defending champion had a bit of a scare when Martin Gould came back from 9-4 to 9-7 but a silly mistake cost him a frame and a match to Williams 10-7 . He will play either David Gilbert or Joe Perry in the best of 25 frames .  Michael Georgiou had a nightmare on his crucible debut losing 0-9 to Neil Robertson until tomorrow.  Luca Brecel Of Belgium is leading  5-4 to Gary Wilson . Ding Junhui has a good lead with 6-3 to a Scot man , Anthony McGill . 

Nerves play such a huge part ,  Michael Georgiou is obviously a good player , as proved by just qualifying for the Crucible . He just couldn't get started and Neil Robertson just blitzed him .

Mark Williams also looked edgy in his match .   Interesting that Stephen Hendry commented several times how big the pockets seem to be .   They do look very generous .

Mikeyboy

6 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Nerves play such a huge part ,  Michael Georgiou is obviously a good player , as proved by just qualifying for the Crucible . He just couldn't get started and Neil Robertson just blitzed him .

Mark Williams also looked edgy in his match .   Interesting that Stephen Hendry commented several times how big the pockets seem to be .   They do look very generous .

Mikeyboy

Not like our table at Infinity Pattaya .... lol 

0D057732-959A-4C94-B443-506772F6416F.png

Ding safely through to join Williams; Higgins with a commanding lead to.

I reckon Shaun Murphy v Luo Honghao is good chance of a shock, Murphy's had a bad year and Honghao is very highly rated, I think Ronnie commented that he could be a future champion after they played in the early part of the season

Murphy 9 - 0 Luo :Oops1:

Looks like he's getting his form back at just the right time then

11 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Murphy 9 - 0 Luo :Oops1:

Looks like he's getting his form back at just the right time then

:Crazy1:    Crazy game , where momentum is everything .

Mikeyboy

Brecel was lucky to win an ugly frame to stay in a match to Wilson 8-9 . That match likely to come after Neil Roberson match , where he is only a frame away to win the match .  I likes watching the ugly frame , makes you chuckle a bit . 

Really pleased to see Michael Georgiou got a frame under his belt .. A nice chap whom I met in Pattaya  .. 

43 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Brecel was lucky to win an ugly frame to stay in a match to Wilson 8-9 . That match likely to come after Neil Roberson match , where he is only a frame away to win the match .  I likes watching the ugly frame , makes you chuckle a bit . 

I suspect there might be another ugly frame or possibly even two to come in this one

I am arriving May 1st. Will I be able to watch it live whilst in Pattaya?

2 minutes ago, Gright said:

Yeah you can ,  go to Retox at Soi Lenglee , thereareopen 24 hours daily and offered any sports of your choice ... I’m sure they will provide you a snooker channel  without a doubt .. but there’s few bars showing the snooker , maybe at Soi Daina if you want sitting next to the bar girls ., 

3 minutes ago, Gright said:

Its on Eurosport and a few of the hotels have that as part of their in room TV package...failing that you can always stream it on the Eurosport Player.

7 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

I suspect there might be another ugly frame or possibly even two to come in this one

Disappointed  for Michael, he should have snookers behind the green but went for a suicide pot that cost him a battering from Neil , a funny old game eh . I hope that Michael will come back on TV snooker again . Very difficult nowadays . 

6 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Disappointed  for Michael, he should have snookers behind the green but went for a suicide pot that cost him a battering from Neil , a funny old game eh . I hope that Michael will come back on TV snooker again . Very difficult nowadays . 

Looked as if he had resigned himself to his fate....good to hear he's a fan of Pattaya too

Brecel Wilson getting scrappy already, this frame could be a re rack

A big Fucking WOW for Gary Wilson for his massive win , last frame was over 1 hour and 25 minutes .. a scrappy frame !!! No , I love it , wish I see more of that ... Gary Wilson got out of the most difficult Snooker was the best shot for the last two days , unbelievable get out snooker shot , behind the green at the cushion , love that man , I think he is my favorite player now  after Ronnie ... lol . Hard luck to Brecel , credit to both players for biting my fingers nails , I’ve none left .. lol 

Great bottle from Wilson too taking on the double on the last red.

Maguire Pangfei match might be going the same way, what a fluke on the blue from Maguire there.

Archived