IGNORED

2019 Betfred World Snooker Championship

mikeyboy

Maguire was dead and buried at 16 th  frame needing a snooker .... Until Pangfei miss a snookered blue and Maguire pot an outrageous fluke . Can’t understand why he goes up and down . Should have went two cushion (on right side )  get out snookered on the blue , would have put the cue ball in the safe/awkward position on the left bottom .  Maguire will play either Ronnie or James Cahill . What a night of drama for snookers fan , two deciders on the same night is very very rare , 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

84FE1B94-AA53-4066-8232-F3C09B4D77E2.png

Interesting day so far...Selby struggling and really could have been 7-1 down and Ronnie just didn't look interested against the amateur James Cahill, some dreadful misses. Cahill also unlucky to only be 5-4 up, Ronnie got out of jail in the 7th frame with the fluke snooker on the green that won him it in the end. Not sure what O'Sullivan was doing at times in that session.

Meanwhile Murphy handed out only the second ever Crucible whitewash and John Higgins got through against his bogey player Mark Davis with two tons in the last three frames.

What's up with Ronnie  ?   came home to see him 4-3 up against James Cahill and in the next 2 frames he missed more pots than he has done all season to trail 4-5 .  Looks as if he hasn't slept for a week and was yawning during the match , very strange .

Another day tomorrow , but he needs to wake up quick as the amateur is playing like a pro .

Mark Selby trailing Xintong  5-3  less of a suprise , but Selby knows how to win here .

Mikeyboy

9 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Interesting day so far...Selby struggling and really could have been 7-1 down and Ronnie just didn't look interested against the amateur James Cahill, some dreadful misses. Cahill also unlucky to only be 5-4 up, Ronnie got out of jail in the 7th frame with the fluke snooker on the green that won him it in the end. Not sure what O'Sullivan was doing at times in that session.

Meanwhile Murphy handed out only the second ever Crucible whitewash and John Higgins got through against his bogey player Mark Davis with two tons in the last three frames.

Very strange ... Ronnie didn’t respect Jamie Cahill .. that will be his downfall . He went for some crazy shots. 

10 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

James Cahill looks to be a natural on the big stage , despite looking 15 years old .  

Will the real Ronnie O'Sullivan please turn up tomorrow .

Mikeyboy

8 - 7 Selby   with a brilliant break of 71 , including 10 blues  as black and pink tied up .  Xintong talented but very raw .

Noticed a lot of these young Chinese players game plan is :   see ball pot ball  , which makes for entertaining snooker .

Mikeyboy

Today’s schedule 

0CD42BDB-A3B2-4658-AABB-108FF061FFBA.png

Biggest shock ever? 

Ronnie claims he’s had Insomnia but as per Jocky above it appears to me he just didn’t respect Cahill.

Stephen Maguire the big winner from this...

A few years ago I’d have said Ronnie was guaranteed to beat Stephen Hendry’s record wins - now I don’t think he’ll win another one.

At least we’ll get to see him the Eurosport studios doing his punditry now.

really shame ronnie is out but well done young amateur cahill!!! hope you go far!

ronnie looked to me very very tired and stressed i think i never seen him like that on big games. maybe its just me?  some say its the slow table that screwed ronnie but i think he just did not give any credit to young amateur and went to the game jacket open. 

3 hours ago, Timtong said:

really shame ronnie is out but well done young amateur cahill!!! hope you go far!

ronnie looked to me very very tired and stressed i think i never seen him like that on big games. maybe its just me?  some say its the slow table that screwed ronnie but i think he just did not give any credit to young amateur and went to the game jacket open. 

I agree with you and I think it may have been a little bit of both, even though the pockets are very generous this year the cloth seemed dead and not responding to the precise positional shots that is a major part of O`sullivans game and he seemed to just get pissed off it.

Another thing I think may have happened is that although Ronnie has had a great season he has also been beaten twice during it by Trump and its knocked the wind out of his sails, he knows at his age he has only one or two more realistic chances at equalling or surpassing Hendry`s record of world title wins and with Trump becoming a much more mature match player with no fear of a encounter with him its now looking unlikely.

I hope I`m wrong but I would not be surprised if O`sullivan retires from top level snooker at the end of this season in much the same way Hendry did, great players like those two that have achieved legendary things in the game do not want to be seen dragging their heels round the circuit taking batterings from the new and up coming players.        

5 minutes ago, castledrive said:

I agree with you and I think it may have been a little bit of both, even though the pockets are very generous this year the cloth seemed dead and not responding to the precise positional shots that is a major part of O`sullivans game and he seemed to just get pissed off it.

Another thing I think may have happened is that although Ronnie has had a great season he has also been beaten twice during it by Trump and its knocked the wind out of his sails, he knows at his age he has only one or two more realistic chances at equalling or surpassing Hendry`s record of world title wins and with Trump becoming a much more mature match player with no fear of a encounter with him its now looking unlikely.

I hope I`m wrong but I would not be surprised if O`sullivan retires from top level snooker at the end of this season in much the same way Hendry did, great players like those two that have achieved legendary things in the game do not want to be seen dragging their heels round the circuit taking batterings from the new and up coming players.        

well ronnie have done really good this season in the games hes been? hes still fantastic but hes head is the biggest problem always can see it in many tournaments over the years. clearly not respect the young amateur and started realise that way too late. shame hes gone from these games are not the same with out him. 

but un-nooh is doing really good against trump! 

might me dings year? who knows 

Meanwhile Graeme Dott is staging a fantastic comeback against Stuart Bingham. 

8-1 down to 9-7 and Bingham has just lost a frame on the 3 miss rule!

4 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Saw that , unbelievable ....  he will be badly affected by silly miss foul  . Could lose a match .

23 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

What a mistake by Stewart ,   Could not believe the third attempt played at slower pace gave it every chance of sliding past the red . 

9-8 Bingham  , brown trousers time !

Mikeyboy

Win or lose , Graeme Dott  is marvellous player . Very glad yo see him playing so well . It is definitely not down to luck , he was a world champion in his own right . 

Stuart Bingham very relieved that he won the decider after a great comeback from Dott .. 8-2 to 10-9 ... Mark Allen is in danger of going out , losing 2-7 to a Chinese . 

9ADA6B0B-DDDA-4EE8-875A-2ED9DCEE52EE.png

Cahill is being made out to be the next greatest by the press.  He played well but he’s nothing special.

18 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

Cahill is being made out to be the next greatest by the press.  He played well but he’s nothing special.

Difficult to judge a player on just one showing , but he did nothing wrong at all , and certainly had confidence when in amongst the balls .

I feel when expectations rise and he is put under pressure we will get a better idea .

Mikeyboy

15 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Difficult to judge a player on just one showing , but he did nothing wrong at all , and certainly had confidence when in amongst the balls .

I feel when expectations rise and he is put under pressure we will get a better idea .

Mikeyboy

Cahill is also the nephew of another legend in the game Stephen Hendry

2nd round underway, heavyweight clash between Robertson and Murphy which I didn't see unfortunately, how were both looking after their easy first round wins?

Scott Donaldson now looking to mount a comeback via Kyren Wilson, who is a player I just can't take to, a real grinder.

Selby will be fancying his chances over the longer distance v Gary Wilson, who probably hasn't played a lot of best of 25s in their 2nd round meeting.

4 hours ago, PR1977 said:

2nd round underway, heavyweight clash between Robertson and Murphy which I didn't see unfortunately, how were both looking after their easy first round wins?

Scott Donaldson now looking to mount a comeback via Kyren Wilson, who is a player I just can't take to, a real grinder.

Selby will be fancying his chances over the longer distance v Gary Wilson, who probably hasn't played a lot of best of 25s in their 2nd round meeting.

My favourite player is out (Rocket ) , was looking for a replacement , found one , Gary Wilson ... I like him . I noticed Selby is dangerous when the balls is in a terrible place . A great technician in safety and in the tight frames . Wilson is not good at that , his fantastic potting helped him to win 5 frames . Selby will always be there even if he played bad . 

7 hours ago, jocky king said:

My favourite player is out (Rocket ) , was looking for a replacement , found one , Gary Wilson ... I like him . I noticed Selby is dangerous when the balls is in a terrible place . A great technician in safety and in the tight frames . Wilson is not good at that , his fantastic potting helped him to win 5 frames . Selby will always be there even if he played bad . 

Agree   Mark Selby will never give up , similar to John Higgins in their match play when the frame goes messy .

Commentators said Gary Wilson must try to keep the frames open .

Mikeyboy

World snooker champion Mark Williams has gone to hospital with chest pains following the opening session of his second-round World Championship game at the Crucible.

The 44-year-old Welshman went to hospital after his session against David Gilbert, who he is trailing 5-3 .

He tweeted: "A&E. Could be hear a while, couldn't stick the chest pains no more. 

"Lucky there wasn't any more frames to play."

After his session against England's Gilbert finished, Williams felt unwell and was advised by a doctor at the venue to go to hospital.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived