Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

panang curry ??

frenchmika

I will second that the 'hole in the wall', Soi Buakhao, offers a good Panaeng Gai.

Surprisingly, I had a very good one at 'Piccolo's', Naklua road recently (where I wouldn't go for European food).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/2/2018 at 05:40, Scuba+ said:
On 9/2/2018 at 05:30, Kreggerz said:
Exactly. It's one of those so cheap you don't complain types of places. Always new customers waiting. I never understood the appeal of that place. 

Its my most disliked place. Not the food but the really shit service which most guys seem to go along with, maybe you need to be submissive or something

No, you just need to be broke.

I've had it at the Tin Cup and a few other places. But, to me the most tasty and flavorful is at Bay Breeze. Not saying this cause I am a frequent guest there!

ok thanks for all suggestions.

i will make try all adress before end of the year and will judge haha

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 09:57, weblo said:

I will have to try it, ate at pitini several times last trip, but western food only.

penang is my favourite

After reading this forum topic I decided to try Cafe Patini for their penang curry.  Had their Penang Gai and it was very nice.  Unique in being a lighter color with carrot strings in the sauce which actually gave it a nice flavor.  Will definitely go back again as I liked it very much.  Also had chicken and cashew nuts which was tasty and had a lot of cashews which is not always the case.  Each dish was 139 Baht plus 30 Baht for rice..  They were busy when I went about 1:00pm which is also a good sign.

Common sense is not very common.

8 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

After reading this forum topic I decided to try Cafe Patini for their penang curry.  Had their Penang Gai and it was very nice.  Unique in being a lighter color with carrot strings in the sauce which actually gave it a nice flavor.  Will definitely go back again as I liked it very much.  Also had chicken and cashew nuts which was tasty and had a lot of cashews which is not always the case.  Each dish was 139 Baht plus 30 Baht for rice..  They were busy when I went about 1:00pm which is also a good sign.

Love cafe pitini. Best place for clean authentic Thai food in the whole of Pattaya in my opinion.

Pad kapow gai is unreal from there.

Also worth a try is a dish called ”kana moo go” not sure how it’s spelled but that’s how my thai girl says it when she orders it Haha. It’s a crispy pork dish with green veg in a sauce that’s fucking delicious. Makes me almost spunk in me undies 

On 9/8/2018 at 16:54, superroo said:

Tuk restaurant on soi xzite

Thanks, will check it out next week, any directions? Same side as Continental Bakery?

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Otherside and just past the right hand curve in the road.

Must say this ,the regular cook had gone home and the cook in her place didn't put as much on the plate .this was about 3 weeks ago but it still tasted good.

7 hours ago, REAR_ENTRY said:

Love cafe pitini. Best place for clean authentic Thai food in the whole of Pattaya in my opinion.

Pad kapow gai is unreal from there.

Also worth a try is a dish called ”kana moo go” not sure how it’s spelled but that’s how my thai girl says it when she orders it Haha. It’s a crispy pork dish with green veg in a sauce that’s fucking delicious. Makes me almost spunk in me undies 

Tin cup does a good one too. Dont know what it is called but if you say fried pork with vegetables they understand. Also had a good one of them at pattaya beer garden. 

Not quite spunk in my undies good, but memorable

12 Pints in Know it all

1 hour ago, Suiker said:

what's the diffirence between panaeng curry and red curry ?

Basic ingredients are the same, but Panaeng curry has also peanuts, cumin and coriander seeds!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Anyone had the Penang Curry at Baku Cafe?

On 08/10/2018 at 12:22, superroo said:

Otherside and just past the right hand curve in the road.

Must say this ,the regular cook had gone home and the cook in her place didn't put as much on the plate .this was about 3 weeks ago but it still tasted good.

Went there tonight, thanks so much for the recommendation, very creamy just the way I like it and the cook Nong added just the right amount of spice for my taste, looking forward to trying their Masaman curry next, thanks again. 

Penang curry can be too hot, i eat lots of chillis, usually when they ask if i like spicy and i agree i can barely taste the chillis but with Penang it can be really hot. I had one in Flying Vegetables on Klang and it was too hot, 20+ chillis. The one on 13/2 hole in the wall was perfect 70 baht + 10 baht rice

Archived