IGNORED

panang curry ??

frenchmika

5 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
55 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:
Wow. That's pretty aggressive. Couldn't just ask for warm rice?

Yeah right, like that will go down well at tin cup

Exactly. It's one of those so cheap you don't complain types of places. Always new customers waiting. I never understood the appeal of that place. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kreggerz said:

Exactly. It's one of those so cheap you don't complain types of places. Always new customers waiting. I never understood the appeal of that place. 

I think the quality is actually quite good. Cheap prices certainly a bonus. Also love that hot sauce the have on the tables. Kinda like a smoky chili sauce. 

Its my most disliked place. Not the food but the really shit service which most guys seem to go along with, maybe you need to be submissive or something

On 8/25/2018 at 12:24, lantern said:

Hole in the wall, Soi Bhukow. Does a good Chicken one.

I second that.

45 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Tin cup is an apt name. Like prison slop. 

I have had penang chicken all over pattaya, and tin cup is the best. What did they do to you to make you so negative?

12 Pints in Know it all

2 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

I have had penang chicken all over pattaya, and tin cup is the best. What did they do to you to make you so negative?

The best is a bold statement. Care to share a pic and a reason why?

45 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
55 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Its my most disliked place. Not the food but the really shit service which most guys seem to go along with, maybe you need to be submissive or something

Do you guys have something to contribute to the thread or just here to shit on this place?

I realize it's not a fancy place and I'm not a fan of sharing tables with stranger,  but its really not a bad place for the quality of food. Most of the time I just get take out from there now. 

Just now, roknrob said:

The best is a bold statement. Care to share a pic and a reason why?

I dont generally take pictures of my food - I know it is a favorite past time of some social media nerds. But I really like the flavour.

I will change my statement. For my taste palate Penang chicken at the tin cup is the best I have had in pattaya. If I have a thai dish anywhere it will be penang chicken if it is on the menu so I do have some experience with this

12 Pints in Know it all

Just now, LuvThaiPussy said:

Do you guys have something to contribute to the thread or just here to shit on this place?

I realize it's not a fancy place and I'm not a fan of sharing tables with stranger,  but its really not a bad place for the quality of food. Most of the time I just get take out from there now. 

Tin cup restaurants are all over Thailand. It refers to the tin cup you are given to avail yourself of the free water. They are the norm in smaller towns and villages. I have eaten at many of them. The best ones are the ones that just serve a single dish, no menu. Usually excellent food and cheap.

The Tin Cup (not it's real name) on Soi Buakao serves below average food for this type of restaurant and poor service.

54 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
1 hour ago, Kreggerz said:

I love the shit service.

Watching a newbie walk in and have no idea whats going on and the staff not helping just cracks me up everytime. Then after they have finished their meal they dont get a bill and look more confused. Then they walk up to the front counter trying to explain what they have eaten and the staff already know and just blurt out a price. Hilarious.

Have you ever seen the seinfeld episode with the soup nazi. This is the soup nazi silent thai style. A sort of why the fuck dont you understand how things work around here - we have been doing it for years

12 Pints in Know it all

See above. Different opinion to yours, stay calm

I love the shit service.
Watching a newbie walk in and have no idea whats going on and the staff not helping just cracks me up everytime. Then after they have finished their meal they dont get a bill and look more confused. Then they walk up to the front counter trying to explain what they have eaten and the staff already know and just blurt out a price. Hilarious.
Have you ever seen the seinfeld episode with the soup nazi. This is the soup nazi silent thai style. A sort of why the fuck dont you understand how things work around here - we have been doing it for years

Yes, soup nazi, good one!

Tin Cup panang chicken is really good there...

(but I usually go there late night for sweet/sour pork/together... or Yellow curry soup...  )  I'm not there for idle chit chat... I just want to fill my gob cheaply... but not with cheap stuff...

Another good panang is Marina Seafood...  i like panang fish (which they don't have on the menu... but will sometimes make if for me)...  Panang shrimp is on the menu... which is good too...

Just look at the numbers of Thais eating there. Not shit service they are just busy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

90 Days with a Thai Girl in Oz

"Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. William Ernest Henley

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Just look at the numbers of Thais eating there. Not shit service they are just busy

Flying Vegetables on Klang, full of Thais and excellent service, opposite of tin cup

6 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
36 minutes ago, boingo said:

Flying Vegetables on Klang, full of Thais and excellent service, opposite of tin cup

Haven't been to Flying Vegetables so I can't comment on their food or service but may give it a try next time, Just not concerned about the alleged standards of service at Tin Cup.

90 Days with a Thai Girl in Oz

"Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. William Ernest Henley

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
34 minutes ago, boingo said:

It all depends where you hang out. If you stay on soi buakhau Tin Cup is convenient. If you are up near big c then the other one is convenient. Its not like these are go to restaurants that you are going to plan your day around.

But I usually rent a motorbike so I will check this one out next trip

12 Pints in Know it all

It all depends where you hang out. If you stay on soi buakhau Tin Cup is convenient. If you are up near big c then the other one is convenient. Its not like these are go to restaurants that you are going to plan your day around.
Its not a tin cup hole in the wall type place, probably a good one to take a bird, staff are all over you taking orders, filling up your drink. Not expensive, open air restaurant

there's a tin cup type restaurant on Soi Honey next door to Retox and Jan's massage, anyone tried their penang gai before?

3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
3 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

Its not a tin cup hole in the wall type place, probably a good one to take a bird, staff are all over you taking orders, filling up your drink. Not expensive, open air restaurant

Also have a large air conditioned area and often have the footy on the telly. A lot of the staff are Cambos. Big Man U fans!

Shame it's not open until 5, would be a great place for lunch.

I also like my Panang thick and creamy, not watery, any recomendations?

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

I eat at tin cup around once a day when I go over and the penang curry is one of go to meals.. Yes I agree its not a 5 star experience; but hey if I ordered the same dish at home its not around AUD $4 its more like $15!!

So I'm not going to worry if I have to share a table as I travel solo and I might get to have a chat; or worry if I think the staff look grumpy..  who cares I'm on holiday and I get paid enough to come and have fun... 

get over it.. 

Archived