IGNORED

panang curry ??

frenchmika

Hi, except beer garden, did u know where i can found Panang curry ?

something tasty please

thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every thai restaurant 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hi, except beer garden, did u know where i can found Panang curry ?
something tasty please
thanks
Leng Kee on Pattaya Klang does a tasty panang gai.

Aroy Dee. Cross the second road at the end of Soi 8. They have tasty panang gai, and in general the food is very good there. The staff can be bit moody there from time to time tho

Had to reply to this as Penang particularly Penang Moo is one of my favourite Thai dishes expecially if done properly (I guess you could almost say the same about any Thai food). 

One of the things that set a good Penang apart from the crowd is the baby eggplant which literally pop in your mouth if cooked well. Most do not include this.

This is a photo of my goto place for Penang in Bangkok Sukhumvit Soi 4 at Swan hotel and Restaurant which I took the other day and it didnt disappoint.

Robx out.

20180829_210548.jpg

20 hours ago, roknrob said:

Had to reply to this as Penang particularly Penang Moo is one of my favourite Thai dishes expecially if done properly (I guess you could almost say the same about any Thai food). 

One of the things that set a good Penang apart from the crowd is the baby eggplant which literally pop in your mouth if cooked well. Most do not include this.

They don't include it because it's not traditionally part of the recipe for gaeng penang. Much more likely to be found in gaeng pet.

I too love the baby eggplants, we grow them in the garden, and asked my wife to include them in her gaeng penang. She wasn't too keen at first as Thais are fastidious about sticking to the traditional recipe. Agreed to do it for me and now she makes the best gaeng penang ever.

I think that you were quite lucky to find a restaurant that includes them, maybe they cater for Western tastes as we all appear to love baby eggplants!

BTW. If you want to ask for them, the Thai name is makhuea. (same in Lao).

Edit: Sorry, just took another look at your photo. Not makhuea in the food, makhuea pwang. which is bunched eggplant (sometimes called pea eggplant). Is included in gaeng penang. I find them a bit of a lottery as sometimes they are sour, sometimes they are sweet.

Kiss & Food on Second Rd/Soi Diana ads a lot of the little "green bombs" to their Panaeng curry! :P

panaeng.jpg.16349fd36ede0e5f61d0c83726845458.jpg

Not the best Panaeng though, it is too watery, I like it dry and creamy with a great aroma as well! :P

This one I had at Food Wave was much better!

5b8a43d8e4e95_panaeng2.JPG.d9e83433576aa5a5024a0b5181ff1bf6.JPG

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Panang is my favorite Thai dish. I try to get it with some type of white fish when I can. I'm not a fan of those baby eggplants though. Find them too bitter. Best Panang I've had here has been at Mclub if you can believe it. They started a small menu there a year or 2 ago and the food is great!

I had Penang Gai from Flying Vegetables restaurant on Klang a few days ago, very good. 80 baht. Very popular with Thais

I've just finished my gaeng Penang and pork short rib with Thai eggplants and chillis from the garden. Delicious.

Thanks to the OP for inspiring me to ask for it.

1 hour ago, REAR_ENTRY said:

Cafe pitini does the best Penang in town by a mile! 

I will have to try it, ate at pitini several times last trip, but western food only.

penang is my favourite

Cafe pitini also does a fucking lovely dish and I don’t know how to spell it but I’ll give it a try 

kanan moo go??

its crispy pork with kale and broccoli pieces in a fucjing beautiful sauce. My TGF always used to get it and I’m hooked on it now. Give it a try 

On 8/25/2018 at 06:24, lantern said:

Hole in the wall, Soi Bhukow. Does a good Chicken one.

What place are you talking about? I'm always on bukhao so I wanna check it out. 

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

5b8ad79c79699_Thairestaurant.jpg.87e14931e6d026a0a0ec57aa5eb20c35.jpg

33 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

What place are you talking about? I'm always on bukhao so I wanna check it out. 

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

5b8ad79c79699_Thairestaurant.jpg.87e14931e6d026a0a0ec57aa5eb20c35.jpg

This is my favourite place for panang chicken too. 80 baht. They will make it a bit spicy if you dont ask for mai ped 

12 Pints in Know it all

6 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

This is my favourite place for panang chicken too. 80 baht. They will make it a bit spicy if you dont ask for mai ped 

My last meal at the Tin Cup was a Penang curry. It was served with cold rice...hence why it was the last time I ate there.

4 hours ago, samaus said:

My last meal at the Tin Cup was a Penang curry. It was served with cold rice...hence why it was the last time I ate there.

Wow. That's pretty aggressive. Couldn't just ask for warm rice?

Yeah right, like that will go down well at tin cup

1 minute ago, Scuba+ said:
51 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Yeah right, like that will go down well at tin cup

Fair enough. That wouldn't keep me from returning though, but to each their own I guess. 

Archived