IGNORED

The Base

exercise

Yes, I'm not sure it's a clever decision by hosts to leave AirBnB in a way they wouldn't be able to return, but nevertheless some hosts might do that.  I'm not sure medium term renting delivers better occupancy. 

I don’t think property in Pattaya provides a good ROI for foreigners. In order to increase occupancy rate, hosts will need to drop rental rates which foreigners are unwilling to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I access the Base from Soi Diana, not via Second Road?

No. I wish they had made a shortcut.

Do the host clean my room at the Base weekly? Is the cleaning fee inclusive to the rent?  

Do I have to BYO towel(s) if I get my barfine(s) visit my flat frequently? Is there a laundry machine (with or w/o a dryer) inside the flat?

Thank you

Do the host clean my room at the Base weekly? Is the cleaning fee inclusive to the rent?  
Do I have to BYO towel(s) if I get my barfine(s) visit my flat frequently? Is there a laundry machine (with or w/o a dryer) inside the flat?

Thank you

All the rooms are privately owed. You would need to ask each host.

52 minutes ago, tonyacat said:

Do the host clean my room at The Base weekly? Is the cleaning fee inclusive to the rent?  

Think of The Base as simply a couple of blocks of private apartments, with slightly annoying security at a gate 100 metres away outside, and a lot of Chinese coming and going in the lobby/lifts.  All these sort of domestic/laundry arrangements are whatever the host/owner has arranged for your individual apartment.  Unless you read otherwise, by default your apartment will be just a room without laundry machine or in-room internet connectivity.

I take it you have to go to the main gate and meet any girls who you might be inviting to your room on an internet dating site?

Do the guards start asking for ID cards or can I just meet the girl at the front and walk in?  I will probably be finding 2-4 a day off Tinder/TF come to the room and I know it's Pattaya but still get a bit embarrassed when you've got a stream of that many girls coming in hence me not wanting to use hotels this time.

Any other central condos that are particularly easy for my approach without constant hassles from security?

I take it you have to go to the main gate and meet any girls who you might be inviting to your room on an internet dating site?
Do the guards start asking for ID cards or can I just meet the girl at the front and walk in?  I will probably be finding 2-4 a day off Tinder/TF come to the room and I know it's Pattaya but still get a bit embarrassed when you've got a stream of that many girls coming in hence me not wanting to use hotels this time.
Any other central condos that are particularly easy for my approach without constant hassles from security?

In most condos, security does not ask for ID. Depending if your building has elevator keycards, you will have to walk her in.

3 minutes ago, hioctane said:

In most condos, security does not ask for ID. Depending if your building has elevator keycards, you will have to walk her in.

Thanks. I assumed so as it's a private residence.  Just heard the security are a bit keen at Base

Going to book into Base and The Avenue residences for a few days each before committing to a month and see which I prefer (unless somebody has a better idea)

I prefer the sort of condo which has just keycard swipe security on the outside entrance, rather than real human beings as security guards in uniform which is the situation at The Base.  That's for exactly the reason you mention, that it's easy to get in all kinds of strange females without any embarrassment.

I prefer The Avenue to The Base, though of course it depends on the nature of the specific condo you have in mind and it's price.  Going to either of them for just a few days though isn't best value because you'll pay one-off cleaning fees on departure, which would ideally be for a long period.

Does anyone know if I can get to the reception in base and close a room without a reservation in advance? and if its free charge to bring in girls? 
if some one knows about better condos or hotels pls tell me

There is no reception in The Base for non-residents.  It's a block of privately owned apartments, not a hotel.

On 05/08/2018 at 23:06, hioctane said:

Exactly. I am at City Garden now. I get a keyfob that I zap in and out with. Security hardly talks to me and never checks ID like at The Base.

Never had any problem at the base with companions

Never had any problem at the base with companions

I wasn’t referring to you companions. They keep asking you to show the badge until they recognize you.

Ok , ive had that happen once. After the new sucurity started about 18 months ago. But after very quik they know

It does no harm to politely let them know who is ultimantely paying there boss if you have too. And complain to the jurassic office

On 31/12/2018 at 13:14, tonyacat said:

Can I access The Base from Soi Diana, not via Second Road?

no. will not happen as it would require another security booth at LK

On 03/01/2019 at 16:01, hioctane said:

All the rooms are privately owed. You would need to ask each host.

free cleaning when you leave in and out. You can hire cleaning l/ laundry ladies from the office in tower B. there is a room with washing machines and getting bottled water in the lobby.

many rooms are rented through airbnd , bookings .com etc. but they charge huge fees . Talked to a aussie he paid 2000 Baht a day .Complained wash machine not working and a host of problems and Chinese owner not responding .thats 60K a month. You can rent a small condo which he had for 15-18K a month from the office in B tower . Thats 500 baht a day.

Rental for the holidays is the rental arm from sansiri builder . google them they have 350 units for rent in the base alone . great service . You have a girl assigned to you she help with everything you need set up and pay internet, Tv , repairs you name it its done .

The greatest problem is one chinese own 36 units and rents them on airbnd . So masses of Chinese daily plugging up the elevators , pissing in the pool stealing toilet paper in the lobby toilets . But great location if you go out daily just cant beat it.

If you want  condo in The Base book through rental for the holidays . I live her for two years now.. I know

1 hour ago, blueye44 said:

And complain to the jurassic office

Full of old dinosaurs!

35 minutes ago, GlobalTraveler said:

You can hire cleaning l/ laundry ladies from the office in tower B. there is a room with washing machines and getting bottled water in the lobby.

Washing machines? - this is in tower B. They are coin operated? never spotted them.

Washing machines? - this is in tower B. They are coin operated? never spotted them.

Coin operated washing machines is in Tower A. Annoying that they don’t have a change machine though! Unlike Unixx. However weird that orher condos don’t have washing machines.

3 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Coin operated washing machines is in Tower A. Annoying that they don’t have a change machine though! Unlike Unixx. However weird that orher condos don’t have washing machines.

Really? ....tower A has the pool on the roof, yes? I stayed in A and didn't see the machines, weird!

(i had a washing machine on the balcony)

2 hours ago, GlobalTraveler said:

You can rent a small condo which he had for 15-18K a month from the office in B tower . Thats 500 baht a day.

wait a minute... never knew that!

is there a booking site or do i gotta be there in person?

1 hour ago, jsmithj88 said:

wait a minute... never knew that!

is there a booking site or do i gotta be there in person?

Read all of GT's post.  The average rental cost though is 20,000+ with some seasonal fluctuation.

"Rental for the holidays is the rental arm from sansiri builder . google them"

Really? ....tower A has the pool on the roof, yes? I stayed in A and didn't see the machines, weird!

(i had a washing machine on the balcony)

Yes, A has the roof top pool. Washing machines are on the ground floor corner.

Archived