Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

10PM Update: Soccer Team still trapped in flooded cave, search suspended due to rising waters, believed still alive

The Pattaya News

4 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

Brilliant news!!! Well done all involved,just the task of getting them out now which won’t be easy. However super news

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/07/02/all-children-coach-rescued-from-cave/

Great news

Though as been posted earlier, in these situations finding them is only 1/2 the job but at least there's hope now.

I think I. like a lot of people, had feared the worse before the week was out & it's been 9 days now so  amazing news 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This call for a beer!! Thanks to the BM & mods for the constant news updates. Can’t wait for the movie “ Pattaya Beach “ starring Ben Afflac as the succer coach. 

Great News :):)

I was certainly beginning to worry for them after 9 days in the Cave...

Now taking them out is the second challenge. I doubt they are in physical condition good enough to be given oxygen bottles and be lead through the submerged dark tortuous tunnel the rescues divers used...

From the khaosodenglish.com site : "According to a brief press conference held, the immediate plans are to pump water out the Cave and transport doctors and nurses to their location. They will assess the conditions of all 13 – 12 footballers aged 11-16 and their 25-year-old coach – before determining the best course of action to extracting them safely."

The most important was to find them, and alive. Done :)

??? Reports that it's an old picture from a visit of this same Cave last year ??? TBC

Screen-Shot-2018-07-02-at-23.32.16-1600x

Can anyone fuckin' even imagine .. what that cavern must have been like .. as the first diver emerged from the dark waters into that cavern .. what incredible drama!

These kids, probably huddled together in absolute darkness for no idea how many days, drinking untreated water runoff, no food, cold, alone .. young, young boys perhaps given up all hope of living and preparing to slowly die .. how terrifying.

Then, the sound of bubbles in the darkness, a feint diffused light from the murky water growing brighter and brighter .. and then a diver breaks the surface, followed by another, and another! .. can you just imagine it!

There are some hero stories in this .. what .. a glorious .. day!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Incredible news !

Fingers crossed for extracting them all alive from there in the next days...

Great news, they can hole them up in situ fully provisioned and treated until recovered, ready for the next step, no need to rush anything. What a story of survival, a movie in the offing for sure. I need to see the videos of the breaking news to the families and workers in situ...will make heartwarming viewing.

29 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

Khaosodenglish seems to have removed this pic.

I got this better one on Twitter, but...

??? Reports that it's an old picture from a visit of this same Cave last year ??? TBC :unsure:

DhHRL-rUYAEc6t5.jpg:large

Edit: Confirmed on chiangmaicitylife.com: "One of the mothers has just showed Live TV reporters the first photo of the boys in the Cave, smiling with torches. UPDATE: The photo is an OLD photo that one of the mothers shared with the TV station, but is not a photo from the teens now. We apologise for the misinformation."

Sure that they seem rather "fresh and clean" on this pic for boys who stayed 9 days without food in a dirty and muddy Cave...

A new set of photos emerged, including this one :

36559149_1252227828241182_32132239479275

* Last news from chiangmaicitylife.com :

TUESDAY 3rd July 2018

12am Tuesday, Medical teams are still on their way to the group, and will check their health – including muscles, eyes, digestive system and blood – before any decisions will be made on how to safely bring them out of the Cave. Several parts of the path out of the Cave are still flooded, so the teens may need to learn how to use an oxygen tank and regulator before they can leave the Cave.

12.02am Tuesday, Associate Professor Jessada Denduangboripant from Chulalongkorn University has shared photos on FB that he claims are photos of the boys in the Cave, taken once they were discovered. He said that the photos are confirmed by one of the boy’s family. CityNews is currently trying to verify the photos.

12.20am Tuesday, according to rescue teams, the boys moved away from Pattaya Beach to seek refuge on soft, warm soil and dirt which is a lot warmer than stone.

Absolutely fantastic news. Whole street is rejoicing.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

Yes, ive seen the news that says they have supposed to have been located. About 3 miles into the Cave? How did they get so far into the Cave in total darkness?

Located & saved are 2 totally different things though. Lets hope they can all get out alive. 

oukiva, brilliant work mate,  keeping us constantly updated, throughout these long days of waiting and praying for these boys.

you have done a sterling job, and the whole of the forum I know are so grateful.

Great news so far. Hope it continues.

The Bangkok Post reports they were found "by a a British Cave explorer" who made a video of the meeting. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

This is great news to wake up to. I'm glad they were able to find these kids safe and sound. Hopefully there are no permanent injuries or health issues. 

I read at that time that there was a problem with volunteers & work permits, but this time I think it's more "Professional"/"Official" so should (hopefully) be none of that malarkey 

The Philippine diver team had trouble at the airport and was turned away, or some such nonsense.

I just watched the video, the boys seem to be in O.K. shape, they asked where the divers had come from and when

the reply was "England" the boys yelled a WHOO....!

Looks like tomorrow will be a good day.

God bless them.

It is understood that the two British divers who were the first to speak to the lost boys are named Rick Stanton and John Volanthen, who are world-renowned for their rescue and recovery work in caves.

In 2010 they were specifically requested by the French authorities to help rescue a diver trapped underground for a week.

The BBC wrote about their adventures in 2016.

this is so incredibly rare to survive like this..  they may make a movie about this one day.. jesus....  Im not religious but i pray they recover fully. 

Archived