Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rooms available 7-8k a month - Soi Buakhao

Scuba+

3 hours ago, mcfish said:

Please remember you are an Expat and not a 2 week or even 4 week millionaire. You do it because you have no choice!

Many people who visit here have higher priorities than nice accommodation. If it's a choice between an ok room or fewer girls (if you have to make that choice), the decision is pretty simple. These rooms are generally ok (have you actually stayed in one?), as in a cheap room rental in Australia level ok while being a fraction of the price.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mcfish said:

No 6k guesthouses are not bigger !!. Really above a massage shop?? When I holiday to Jomtien twice a year from Bangkok I stay in View talay buildings 35sqm studio with bars restaurants massive pools and lifts of course

Cheapest place I've stayed was Greenvale apartments many many years ago (third road). Can't remember the price, but it was cheap, a bit ghetto, but the room was probably the largest I've ever stayed in in Pattaya. Which is not saying much, but your guesthouse rooms on Soi Lengkee are not 35sqm. More like 18-22sqm. It's not that hard to be larger, hell the 4-5000/month rentals the girls have are usually larger.

52 minutes ago, madhat said:

I never said it would be 7k.... but in 10-12k range could be possible to find something decent.... my point is that you pay about the same price as mentioned above, but don't have to worry about stuff like electricity or water bills...

Without seeing the room offered here it's hard to say, but the best I could find in the 12k range was LK Mansion, and that wasn't very good lol (but, totally acceptable IMO if you were on a tight budget). Once you're in 10-12k range, you're paying about the same as the room offered? Except you might be paying a fixed cost for electricity you don't use.. Really depends on if you leave the air conditioning on all the time.

If you are there to do a lot of fucking and just need a place to crash, I don't see where it's crazy to want a cheap room, near the action, with aircon so you can sleep when you do crash.

If you are there to do a lot of fucking and just need a place to crash, I don't see where it's crazy to want a cheap room, near the action, with aircon so you can sleep when you do crash.
Yes i went backpacking 20 years ago and it opened my eyes to the good accommodation you can get for less money, like in my example above the 6k vs 13k vs 22k rooms i stayed in are very similar

I really do not know why you bother scubascuba3 as all you were doing is giving BM’s on a limited budget affordable places to stay? All you have got is grief!

You can understand why some people on this forum do not bother posting anymore! 

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Spending a lot on a room is a real waste of money

On a budget and/or on visit, maybe.

If staying here for a long time, or permanently, a place to live is very important.

I see a lot of expats being out everyday and so spending extra money, as they don't like that much to be in their "cheap" home all day.

Of course each of us have their own priorities.

I really do not know why you bother scubascuba3 as all you were doing is giving BM’s on a limited budget affordable places to stay? All you have got is grief!
You can understand why some people on this forum do not bother posting anymore! 
Yes true, but some BMs can't help to be negative, they're probably disillusioned with Thailand so jump on things in a negative way

On a budget and/or on visit, maybe.
If staying here for a long time, or permanently, a place to live is very important.
I see a lot of expats being out everyday and so spending extra money, as they don't like that much to be in their "cheap" home all day.
Of course each of us have their own priorities.

We are in Thailand after all so its good to get out otherwise you might as well be in farangland. Some of these cheaper rooms are surprisingly good. I checked out quite a few, some i wouldn't stay in but the one I'm in now I'm happy to stay in. The expats i chat to also really like it. So i guess the moral to the story is don't write off cheaper rooms just because of the price, some are surprisingly good

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

don't write off cheaper rooms just because of the price, some are surprisingly good

I am agree with you but I believe they are the exception  not the generality.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No way elec will be 3k or 6k. Govt rate is 5 baht isnt it? Opposite at RCon Blue think they charge 10 baht a unit, way too high, 8 baht is common. To have elec charge of 3k-6k you'd need to be in 24 hours, aren't you meant to be out somewhere

Nope... 4 pulls it up at my place.... if you are paying 8 you are paying too much.

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

But who wants to live in Jomtien. Those guys who want to be in Buakhao near the action won't want to be in Jomtien

I dunno..... most of the blokes I see over here, love it here...

4 minutes ago, dave01 said:

4 pulls it up at my place.... if you are paying 8 you are paying too much.

Where one pay 8 ThB the building has usually  an elevator, gym, swimming pool, lights on 24 hours in the common  facilities.

5 rooms and over now it should be govt rates since 1st May

2 minutes ago, Lambik said:

Where one pay 8 ThB the building has usually  an elevator, gym, swimming pool, lights on 24 hours in the common  facilities.

Sounds like my place.... and yet I pay 4? We even have a security guy.... go figure..

8 baht is overpriced by a magnitude of 2. Feel free to pay it, but you are being ripped off. Say your bill @4 baht would be 1500 THB.. @ 8 baht the same bill would be 3000 THB.  Where do you think your 1500 THB extra you have paid goes? Straight into your landlord or agent's pocket, so your 7 - 8K a month room (we really can't call them condos) becomes 8.5k or 9.5K per month....

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

5 rooms and over now it should be govt rates since 1st May

If the rooms belongs to the same company/owner. Landlords are inventive in those matters.

There is also the possibility that the landlord tell you to move if you not want to pay the price he apply, or decrease the electricity price and increase  the rent.

10 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Sounds like my place.... and yet I pay 4? We even have a security guy.... go figure..

You are a lucky tenant, don't move.

If the rooms belongs to the same company/owner. Landlords are inventive in those matters.
There is also the possibility that the landlord tell you to move if you not want to pay the price he apply, or decrease the electricity price and increase  the rent.
True. I was discussing this with an expat at my place, because we both feel our place is very good, low rent and very friendly owner, i don't think its worth creating waves even though elec is 8 baht. Different if you were being shafted by a landlord every month

8 baht is overpriced by a magnitude of 2. Feel free to pay it, but you are being ripped off. Say your bill @4 baht would be 1500 THB.. @ 8 baht the same bill would be 3000 THB.  Where do you think your 1500 THB extra you have paid goes? Straight into your landlord or agent's pocket, so your 7 - 8K a month room (we really can't call them condos) becomes 8.5k or 9.5K per month....

Jomtien is cheaper though, thousands of empty condos so impossible not to get deals on rent and elec. Lots of isolated condos too.Guy i know recently stayed 6 months in a condo on the beach for 7k a month, Elec 200 baht a month...

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien is cheaper though, thousands of empty condos so impossible not to get deals on rent and elec. Lots of isolated condos too.Guy i know recently stayed 6 months in a condo on the beach for 7k a month, Elec 200 baht a month...

Also factor in transportation cost.

I am here since years :

http://www.maxxcentral.com/en/index.php

End of June will try Bangkok for 6 months.

Will see when I come back what I will do.

Want something central, low  or middle rise, walking distance to BigCxtra, or Foodland,Friendship.

Same facilities for lesser money or better for same money.

Didn't find till now.

I am here since years :
Want something central, low  or middle rise, walking distance to BigCxtra, or Foodland,Friendship.
Didn't find till now.

I stayed st Maxx Place for a few months, not far from Maxx Central, not great value, think it was 10k a month plus cleaning plus elec and water which was higher than average. I'm walking distance to Big C Extra, in fact i walk to Walking St

I walked past this place almost every day for 3-months but never went in. There's rooms available on Soi B for 4,500 pm, (such as 'PR Guesthouse') so paying a few K upwards of that would have to be worthwhile.

I walked past this place almost every day for 3-months but never went in. There's rooms available on Soi B for 4,500 pm, (such as 'PR Guesthouse') so paying a few K upwards of that would have to be worthwhile.
Are these rates 1 month by month rental or do you have to pay 3 months up front?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Lambik said:

I am here since years :

Didn't find till now.

There are 3 condos (2 around 8 floors and the other around 20) just north of Big C Extra and just off 3rd Rd on the eastside.  Also  2 more condos around 8 floors on the soi that is on the eastside of Big C Extra, the A Plus and another one just a short distance north. 

The Maxx Central I heard would get to much water during heavy rains.

Archived