IGNORED

Rooms available 7-8k a month - Soi Buakhao

Scuba+

On 23/05/2018 at 16:54, scubascuba3 said:

No way elec will be 3k or 6k. Govt rate is 5 baht isnt it? Opposite at RCon Blue think they charge 10 baht a unit, way too high, 8 baht is common. To have elec charge of 3k-6k you'd need to be in 24 hours, aren't you meant to be out somewhere

Agree. My missus pays the bills for our 4 bed detached 'des res' in Udon Thani and the cost of elec is between 1,500-2,500 depending on the time of year. Nobody in a 1 bed or studio should be paying more than 2K....tops!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Old Scratch said:

If you are there to do a lot of fucking and just need a place to crash, I don't see where it's crazy to want a cheap room, near the action, with aircon so you can sleep when you do crash.

Being on holiday, I think there is merit in your argument. Living somewhere, well I disagree. When living in Patts, my recommendation is to rent the very best apartment you can afford. That way, it's a nice place to call 'home'....maybe you will find less reason to go out quite as much. Not saying my way is right for everybody, but it's good for me.

18 years Thailand, 16 years Pattaya. Still looking for something better for same price. MaxxCentral is a problem when heavy rain, good there are more days without than with.

But who knows one day I might find better for the same price.

Names of places and long time experience are always welcome.

Agree. My missus pays the bills for our 4 bed detached 'des res' in Udon Thani and the cost of elec is between 1,500-2,500 depending on the time of year. Nobody in a 1 bed or studio should be paying more than 2K....tops!

[/quote

]If your electricity jab is 8 to 10 baht then you would be barley be using the air con. What is your rate?

How many ac units? Must be one per bedroom so 4?

Total nonsense unless your running just one unit at government rate ... So why even mention 4 bedrooms since your only sleeping in one room?

54 minutes ago, mcfish said:

If your electricity jab is 8 to 10 baht then you would be barley be using the air con. 

What is your rate?

Total nonsense unless your running just one unit at government rate ... So why even mention 4 bedrooms since your only sleeping in one room?

Folks don’t normally describe my posts as ‘total nonsense’....ahh well a little bit of criticism never hurt anyone :D

The rate I pay (or rather my missus does) is the Government set rate of (I believe) 4THB a unit (don’t know where you get 8-10 THB from). Interesting that you say you‘know’ my sleeping arrangements, that I actually only use one bedroom...are you spying on me? 5555. We actually use regularly 3 of the 4 bedrooms, me and the missus, the nipper and mother-in-law (who doubles up as nanny and housekeeper); we also have a fourth (and guest) bedroom, for visitors who from time to time fly out from falangland to visit us.

Anyway, it’s a fair bit of air con particularly at this time of the year, with our leccy bills varying between a minimum of 1;500THB in the coolest part of the year, to 2,500 at the warmest part.

Hope that wasn’t too much like ‘nonsense’ for you :Bow:

2 hours ago, Lambik said:

18 years Thailand, 16 years Pattaya. Still looking for something better for same price. MaxxCentral is a problem when heavy rain, good there are more days without than with.

To get to the baht bus, i suppose you have to walk to soi buakhao (to get to WS)?Over half a km it appears. On a night out, I would be walking all the way from 2nd road to get home. I don't do taxi bikes. 

The base is a bit more expensive (15k v 18k) but much more convenient location, for me. Getting home whilst drunk is a massive priority lol.

Are these rates 1 month by month rental or do you have to pay 3 months up front?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I know someone who stays there one month at a time, paying for the month up front and a 2k deposit.

Total nonsense is telling people that if they are paying 8 baht, they're going to spend 6k.  I paid 7 baht last year for 30 sqm and had a bill of less than 1,200 baht for 31 days.  Previous years I paid 8 baht for 40 sqm and never had a bill over 1,500 baht.  In over a dozen years of renting condos/serviced apt's I've never had anything approach 2,000.  I've never heard of anyone paying 6k in a studio regardless of rate.  Even if I am on the low end of the spectrum for usage, I suspect most people would be closer to 2,000 than 6,000.  What gets lost in this, is whether the property along with the additional utility costs represent value or not.  If you pay over the top for your monthly rent but you get gov't rate, is that a win? 

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

To get to the baht bus, i suppose you have to walk to Soi Buakhao (to get to WS)?Over half a km it appears. On a night out, I would be walking all the way from 2nd road to get home. I don't do taxi bikes. 

The base is a bit more expensive (15k v 18k) but much more convenient location, for me. Getting home whilst drunk is a massive priority lol.

From The Base you can get to WS, also by heading to Beach Rd.  I usually use the Bukhaow route as I'll have some drinks in LK Metro first.  That route will also get you closer(and quicker) as it tends to bottleneck well before WS if you take Beach Rd baht bus.  And as noted, the best thing is on the way home, the baht bus will drop you off right in front.

40 minutes ago, dirkdeee said:

From The Base you can get to WS, also by heading to Beach Rd.  I usually use the Bukhaow route as I'll have some drinks in LK Metro first.  That route will also get you closer(and quicker) as it tends to bottleneck well before WS if you take Beach Rd baht bus.  And as noted, the best thing is on the way home, the baht bus will drop you off right in front.

Absolutely agree with you there it's got beyond a joke taking a baht bus down Beach Rd, it's quicker to walk.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien is cheaper though, thousands of empty condos so impossible not to get deals on rent and elec. Lots of isolated condos too.Guy i know recently stayed 6 months in a condo on the beach for 7k a month, Elec 200 baht a month...

Could you post the name of this condo, I think a few BM would be interested in it.

200tb a month did you forget a 0 I don't think you could boil a kettle twice a day and hot shower once a day for a month and just use 200tb & 4tb a unit.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

There's quite a lot of accomodation behind Big C Extra in the side streets even up to Harbor. There are large condos, small and medium size guesthouses. I'm the other side but I'm happy walking to WS and back, as you know there is a baht bus that goes to WS from opposite Big C Extra.

It's really a case of spending some time walking about and going in to see the places to stay.

The advantage of being further out is often it can be very quiet at night if you choose carefully

39 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Could you post the name of this condo, I think a few BM would be interested in it.

200tb a month did you forget a 0 I don't think you could boil a kettle twice a day and hot shower once a day for a month and just use 200tb & 4tb a unit.

JDM

Earlier this month I paid the electric for a condo neighbor who was back home in the UK for that month, cost was a little over 100 baht.  Probably for running the fridge.

6 hours ago, dirkdeee said:

Total nonsense is telling people that if they are paying 8 baht, they're going to spend 6k.  I paid 7 baht last year for 30 sqm and had a bill of less than 1,200 baht for 31 days.  Previous years I paid 8 baht for 40 sqm and never had a bill over 1,500 baht.  In over a dozen years of renting condos/serviced apt's I've never had anything approach 2,000.  I've never heard of anyone paying 6k in a studio regardless of rate.  Even if I am on the low end of the spectrum for usage, I suspect most people would be closer to 2,000 than 6,000.  What gets lost in this, is whether the property along with the additional utility costs represent value or not.  If you pay over the top for your monthly rent but you get gov't rate, is that a win? 

I knew a guy who paid over 7 K for electricity while living in a studio that he only paid 7K in rent.  It was his first month living in a place where he had to pay his own electricity (stayed at the LK Metro prior) and he lived in San Francisco so he wasn't use to the heat.  He adjusted the following months.

JDM
Jomtiem Beach Condominium. His elec bill was low because he was the king of CCs, unplugged his fridge, showered by the pool. We laughed too when he told us, but he is very old

43 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I knew a guy who paid over 7 K for electricity while living in a studio that he only paid 7K in rent.  It was his first month living in a place where he had to pay his own electricity (stayed at the LK Metro prior) and he lived in San Francisco so he wasn't use to the heat.  He adjusted the following months.

Hilarious you can recite instances at both extremes.  Although the 2nd one at 7k wouldn't be too funny.  I gotta think he was at the extremes for usage(24/7), low temps, inefficient a/c, high rates....Chalk one up for Team McFish, although I stand by my information with my a/c usage and costs.  For the record my a/c was on whenever I was in the room(at reasonable temps) and off whenever I wasn't.

As mention before it is 16 years that I live permanently in Pattaya, circa 10 years at MaxxCentral, I walked all over Pattaya only to find cheaper but not so good or than better but also more expensive.

Anyway I booked for 6 months in Bangkok, maybe I will stay there.

Maybe important to mention that I am 70 soon and that my desiderata are different from 20 years, even 10 years ago. 

21 minutes ago, dirkdeee said:

Hilarious you can recite instances at both extremes.  Although the 2nd one at 7k wouldn't be too funny.  I gotta think he was at the extremes for usage(24/7), low temps, inefficient a/c, high rates....Chalk one up for Team McFish, although I stand by my information with my a/c usage and costs.  For the record my a/c was on whenever I was in the room(at reasonable temps) and off whenever I wasn't.

Living in San Francisco most of his life didn't help, Mark Twain once said that the coldest winter he ever experienced was the summer  he lived in San Francisco.  The 100 baht example was just pointing out what the basic cost of electricity is when the condo isn't occupied.

My elec is usually around 800 baht a month (at 8 baht per unit), last month 1200 as its hotter. That's the AC on now and again from 6pm when required. Fan is always on when back in the room. It doesn't cost much really if people try to acclimatize. More with multiple rooms obviously

25 minutes ago, Lambik said:

As mention before it is 16 years that I live permanently in Pattaya, circa 10 years at MaxxCentral, I walked all over Pattaya only to find cheaper but not so good or than better but also more expensive.

One of the pluses of MaxxCenteral was having the M Club downstairs, didn't naughty Noi work there at onetime.

On 24/05/2018 at 06:18, Lambik said:

If staying here for a long time, or permanently, a place to live is very important.

Yep used to stay in cheap rooms 6/8K a month nothing wrong with that stayed in some decent ones in sois off Third Road.

But I now rent a 2 Bed house in a quiet Soi just off Third Road for 12K a month and have done for getting on for 3 years.

Much better life style for not a lot more Baht.

Proper kitchen ,seperate living room,private outside area.

Electric /water government rates 

But the major downside is I have to pay 40B a month to get my rubbish took away 555  

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Many are lazy when they are not paying for the electric.

You can use a lot of electric  if you don't follow some simple rules when using air-con.

Close the balcony door and main door when using the air-con.

Close the curtains ( especially when not in the apartment ).

If more than one room close the door to the other rooms not in use.

Don't set it at a very low temp. 

Don't run it 24/7.

Clean the air filter every two days ( an easy task).

Ensure it is serviced every 6 months. 

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Rather than writing a story it would have been much easier to say you have aircon but mostly use a fan.

No shame in it we all know thailand is overflowing with pensioners that simply can't afford the luxury of air con whenever they want.

Mcfish you really are a pompous twat.

Great your loaded and everyone else isn't.

Good for you.

Mcfish you really are a pompous twat.
Great your loaded and everyone else isn't.
Good for you.
Wake up. He is nearly paying double the government rate at 7 baht. And his bill is equal to fan and fridge use plus a few hours a day of air con.

Your the twat. How about telling us how he has the air blowing freely for the price of a nice steak?

Yep didn't think so...

Archived