Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Snooker World Championship 2018

mikeyboy

57 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Steve Davis said that Mark Williams was spotted in a Kebab shop at 2.30 am this morning , and was eating sweets offered by a spectator during the first session  !        King of cool .   6 - 3 Williams

Mikeyboy

I think Williams was told to eat lots of  sweets to wake his brain up , sugar does . 

7-5 now , I think we are in for a treat tomorrow.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played Wee man....dragged it back to all square 7-7.

Mark Williams stepped up a gear and ends the session 10-7....

Looking forward to tomorrows sessions.

Can’t believe John Higgins didn’t go for snooker on the last red that knocked in the brown . He should have pot a 14 th red and snooker tight behind the black . Then he will be certain to get a frame because the brown will always be knocked in if touched the red  ... 10-7 losing to Williams , 

Here we go again.... I've got a fridge full of beer and settling down for today's session...... 

Williams getting stronger and stronger , made some superb pots .. Higgins can’t find his rhythm.  13-7 ..  last frame to go before interval. Might only need this session to finish  him off .. Wonder if the ticket holders  who paid for tonight session get their money back . 

Higgins showed bottle playing the double on the Red.....

So, do we think Higgins can win the last session 8-2?

Maybe possible against anyone else except Ronnie. Can't see Williams collapsing. 18-14 for me....

Williams only have three frames to win the World Championship while Higgins needing a eight .  I think tonight we are in for a surprise :ThumbUp6:

1 hour ago, jocky king said:

Williams getting stronger and stronger , made some superb pots .. Higgins can’t find his rhythm.  13-7 ..  last frame to go before interval. Might only need this session to finish  him off .. Wonder if the ticket holders  who paid for tonight session get their money back . 

10 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

So, do we think Higgins can win the last session 8-2?

Maybe possible against anyone else except Ronnie. Can't see Williams collapsing. 18-14 for me....

Just got in from Work  ,,  wow , i think i may have missed the decisive session of the match .

Not sure even John Higgins can salvage this one . 

King of cool  should get the 3 frames he needs .

Mikeyboy

At the start of this final,  I didn't mind who win's....as the game goes on I would like to see Higgins snapping at Williams heels.

What a fight back by Higgins,  keeping this final well and truly alive.....

At the interval 14-15 , I’m speechless after seeing Higgins a fight back with four frame . Could be a a decider.  I’m so nervous , really ... I likes both players but my heart wants Higgins to win . Wow , super final .. we are lucky to witness this final . 

15 all.....Could this be the best final ever....

Higgins looked up to Williams friend who punched to the air and said I fixed him , ... 5555 

What a match..... Congratulations to Mark Williams on a fine win .

Marvellous final ... Well done Williams , deserved it after great display . Higgins done nothing wrong , he gave him a tough match which would have shaken many pro but not a ice cool Williams .... Thank you Mike , Red devil and Pr1997 for last two weeks of  a good conservations . 

Thank you Gentlemen, I greatly enjoyed your company.

What a match  ,  not lucky enough to have seen all of it , but what i have was superb .

King of cool world champion ,  but John Higgins made it special by recovering from 13 -7 down  to take it so close .

A Final i'm sure we'll remember for a long time .

Mikeyboy

2 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

What a match  ,  not lucky enough to have seen all of it , but what i have was superb .

King of cool world champion ,  but John Higgins made it special by recovering from 13 -7 down  to take it so close .

A Final i'm sure we'll remember for a long time .

Mikeyboy

We must meet up for few game of pool this December/January. At the legends . I was sick for 4 weeks last January that fucked up my holiday and pool tournaments . Gutted . And missed our supposed meet . Hopefully I won’t be sick this year . Seems strange that something bad only happens in Pattaya . Broke my elbow few years ago , Food Poison three times , Flu and chest infection last January. But nothing happened to me in my home country . 

Cheers lads, pleasure was all mine.

Few final thoughts on the championship:

Player of the tournament: Mark Williams (obviously!)

Breakthrough player: Lyu Haotian

Best match: Trump v Higgins

Biggest disappointment: Ding Junhui going out with a whimper

Best shot: Mark Williams' double off the top cushion to cannon the red into the middle v Hawkins

Biggest upset: Carter beating Ronnie

Best break / clearance: Any of the 4 or 5 from 50/60 behind by Higgins in the final OR Ali Carter v Ronnie to go 12-9 up

Renaissance man: Mark Williams

Most washed up player: Neil Robertson

8 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Best shot: Mark Williams' double off the top cushion to cannon the red into the middle v Hawkins

Best break / clearance: Any of the 4 or 5 from 50/60 behind by Higgins in the final OR Ali Carter v Ronnie to go 12-9 up

Excellent ....

9 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Good round up .

Can't argue with any of your picks .

Mikeyboy

Archived