IGNORED

Snooker World Championship 2018

mikeyboy

Hawkins needed all his experience to battle through that one...gutsy performance from the Chinese to battle back a couple of times.

Kyren Wilson looking good too...strong attitude and temperament. Reckon he fancies another crack at Mark Allen after the Masters disappointment.

If Ronnie comes back again this afternoon I think you've got to fancy his chances of winning the whole thing, in the past he might have chucked it after being 4 and 5 frames behind.

Anyone see the Judd Trump game the other night? Is it just me or was he playing some very strange shots that let Wakelin right back in. In particular there were a couple of easy clearances when he missed position on the final pink. Then those easy middle bag blues he missed in the last frame. Looked a bit odd to me....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PR1977 said:

Hawkins needed all his experience to battle through that one...gutsy performance from the Chinese to battle back a couple of times.

Kyren Wilson looking good too...strong attitude and temperament. Reckon he fancies another crack at Mark Allen after the Masters disappointment.

If Ronnie comes back again this afternoon I think you've got to fancy his chances of winning the whole thing, in the past he might have chucked it after being 4 and 5 frames behind.

Anyone see the Judd Trump game the other night? Is it just me or was he playing some very strange shots that let Wakelin right back in. In particular there were a couple of easy clearances when he missed position on the final pink. Then those easy middle bag blues he missed in the last frame. Looked a bit odd to me....

Saw some of that Trump / Wakelin match up .    Judd a lucky boy and will have to improve a lot .    All the ability , though he does play some unique shots at times .

10 - 8 Carter over Ronnie , getting tense  .

Mikeyboy

Ding if i was a betting man,,,

ronnie not going great

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Just now, Red-Devil said:

Well played Carter.....

As much I loved Ronnie , but I gotta praise Carter for his gritty battle to beat the world best . Fought against Cancer was his biggest victory , this match victory  almost beat that .

Carter cued that beautifully, his long potting was immaculate and he played a lot of great recovery shots too, hardly missed any pressure balls.

Ronnie magnanimous in defeat, fair play to him.

Looking forward now to the Rocket doing the punditry and commentary on Eurosport now

Meanwhile John Higgins 8-0 up on Lisowski, game over, hope Lisowski gets a few back though so it doesn't end up embarrassing...

John Higgins and Mark Williams are the only former champions still in the championship.  Both of them have a great chance with Trump , Hawkins , Ding and Carter to mention . 

Ding running away with it against McGill, who apparently only managed 8 points in the first 6 frames!

Trump Walden looks much more interesting, Walden's a fine player at his best, let's see if Trump can hold up under pressure after his first round struggle.

12 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Ding running away with it against McGill, who apparently only managed 8 points in the first 6 frames!

Trump Walden looks much more interesting, Walden's a fine player at his best, let's see if Trump can hold up under pressure after his first round struggle.

I think Walden is being warmed up in my heart after my Ronnie is gone . Suppose to be Perry but he is gone as well . 

Walden V Trump re- rack,  I understand why, but I was enjoying the stalemate....

1 hour ago, Red-Devil said:

Walden V Trump re- rack,  I understand why, but I was enjoying the stalemate....

Me too ,....  great game to watch , either of them could make mistakes  . Re rack spoiled the game , Walden had 31 point up , bit unfair for him but luckily he won the re rack frame after that . . 

Trump vs Walden could go to the decider tmw after dinner . 

Ali Carter convinced me with his impeccable play v. Ronnie.

Higgins is still in peak form.  This could be a final.

btw, YouTube in the morning has been my saviour in following this tournament.  May I recommend Snooker Best.  He has put up short form videos of every shot with no dead time.  Beautiful to watch!

So quarter final line ups complete. I'm going to stick my neck out and go for Mark Williams to complete a hat trick of world titles...15 years on from the last. Looked fantastic in finishing off Milkins

3 hours ago, thailien said:

Ali Carter convinced me with his impeccable play v. Ronnie.

Higgins is still in peak form.  This could be a final.

btw, YouTube in the morning has been my saviour in following this tournament.  May I recommend Snooker Best.  He has put up short form videos of every shot with no dead time.  Beautiful to watch!

Thank you for your recommendation.. will check that out tonight . 

Judd Trump Vs John Higgins could be a cracker ... 

Mark Williams Vs Ali Carter should be great as well , 

Saw O'Sullivan and Higgins play in home international amateur in Belfast when they where 14 years old.

Could see the class even then.

Higgins has the match game to beat Trump easily in my opinion.

Trump's postional play can be all over the place and he has to flow to play well.

Higgins won't let him flow.

Williams could be the surprise package. 

49 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

Saw O'Sullivan and Higgins play in home international amateur in Belfast when they where 14 years old.

Could see the class even then.

Higgins has the match game to beat Trump easily in my opinion.

Trump's postional play can be all over the place and he has to flow to play well.

Higgins won't let him flow.

Williams could be the surprise package. 

Judd Trump has a knack of becoming flakey when under pressure , and i think John Higgins will squeeze him .

Love to see Mark Williams get to another final , class act .

Mikeyboy

Four quarter finals started today and all close after a session in each .

Trump 5  Higgins 3

Williams 4  Carter  4

Hawkins  5  Junhui  3

Wilson 4   Allen  4  

47 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Four quarter finals started today and all close after a session in each .

Trump 5  Higgins 3

Williams 4  Carter  4

Hawkins  5  Junhui  3

Wilson 4   Allen  4  

Never saw any quarter final that close before .... Wilson is 6-4 now , playing well . Hawkins is awesome at the mo , 8-3 to Ding

1 hour ago, Red-Devil said:

Ding's head doesn't seem on the game....!

Yes , ultimately the Chinese player disappoints .  Barry Hawkins  11-5 overnight  ,  you would think probably all over . 

Kyren Wilson  also in control at the moment over Mark Allen  .

Mikeyboy

Wilson and Hawkins having a good night of snooker with both winning 11-5 to Allen and Ding . 

Hawkins beats a very weak performance by Ding.....Well played Barry.

A few mistakes by Higgins allowing Trump to capitalize, 

Archived