IGNORED

Any good buffet restaurants?

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Robin's Nest was over 100B cheaper

The price/value for money argument doesn't apply in this thread because of the terms set out by the OP.  You and I of course bear the price in mind, but not in this thread.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that poster inside only? I've never noticed it outside.

What is it about businesses here that makes them so bad at promotion/advertising?

11 minutes ago, SirL said:

5ad349503b53d_lab.jpg.826c333ab609fc782509730cd376d6b2.jpg

What is it about businesses here that makes them so bad at promotion/advertising?

It's on Facebook.  I suppose restaurants reckon FB is a widely-viewed way to advertise.  You'll probably remember I've been suggesting FB is a very good way to receive advertising from the outlets you want to hear from.

Here's another pic of the La Bocca buffet from FB

5ad34dd42a062_lab2.jpg.6b4f16e9b4dc64a808a571330eb0cf32.jpg

I'm not certain the many-Italian foods buffet pictured is on all the time, I have a feeling it comes and goes.  I have eaten a buffet just like this pic there, which I thought was very good (arrive early ~6pm), but please check that it still operates.

4 minutes ago, SirL said:

The price/value for money argument doesn't apply in this thread because of the terms set out by the OP.  You and I of course bear the price in mind, but not in this thread.

I cant compare venues without considering the price.

If the price is truly not relevant then the OP should get on the bus to Bangkok and go to somewhere like the Sukhothai where he can pay 6000B for a champagne brunch. It's very nice.

http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/top5-sunday-brunch.htm

Other cheaper meals are also available in Bangkok, and you can get something very good for well under 2000B without drinks as mentioned in that link.

Just now, KittenKong said:

I cant compare venues without considering the price.

If the price is truly not relevant then the OP should get on the bus to Bangkok and go to somewhere like the Sukhothai where he can pay 6000B for a champagne brunch. It's very nice.

http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/top5-sunday-brunch.htm

Other cheaper meals are also available in Bangkok, and you can get something very good for well under 2000B without drinks as mentioned in that link.

All completely true and agreed.  You and I of course consider the price and value for money, which is why I've tried to pin down the OP a bit on the subject.

10 minutes ago, SirL said:

It's on Facebook.  I suppose restaurants reckon FB is a widely-viewed way to advertise.  You'll probably remember I've been suggesting FB is a very good way to receive advertising from the outlets you want to hear from.

Ah. I am a lifelong non-Facebooker. I find it extremely tedious to use and almost impossible to find accurate information on, and I certainly will never have an account.

Had they put that poster outside I would have tried it ages ago.

Ah. I am a lifelong non-Facebooker. I find it extremely tedious to use and almost impossible to find accurate information on, and I certainly will never have an account.

Try it sometime.  Open just one account in a false name with false personal data, and click to follow just the restaurants you like which have varying menus, specials or events.  You'll get no junk about what individual people are up to, but just a stream of posts detailing the current deals from businesses you actually are interested in.  Advertising limited to businesses you want to hear from can actually be good advertising.

11 minutes ago, SirL said:

Try it sometime.  Open just one account in a false name with false personal data, and click to follow just the restaurants you like which have varying menus, specials or events.  You'll get no junk about what individual people are up to, but just a stream of posts detailing the current deals from businesses you actually are interested in.  Advertising limited to businesses you want to hear from can actually be good advertising.

I did actually get that far once, in order to read the reviews in the ridiculously secretive wine&dine group that has its own thread on this page. But the <redacted> people who run that group will apparently only accept members with their own FB page and viable history, so that was a waste of time. I suppose I could invent a family etc.

I just find FB to be a complete pain in the backside really. Far too many boring details about the lifestyles of stupid people whom I dont wish to meet or know. Like blogs and vlogs.

Excuse me, I have to prepare some clogs to throw.

Of course you  guys can compare value/price here. Feel free, as many others who reads this thread probably would want to know.

I just don't want anybody to leave out a restaurant just because they are a bit on the pricey side or vice versa. This is my first time in Pattaya and for me personally just want to know whats good 

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I did actually get that far once, in order to read the reviews in the ridiculously secretive wine&dine group that has its own thread on this page. But the <redacted> people who run that group will apparently only accept members with their own FB page and viable history, so that was a waste of time. I suppose I could invent a family etc.

If you're referring to "Thailand Wine & Dine", my false ID is a member of that public group.  Hardly ridiculously secretive, I was admitted on my first attempt.  It appears to have 6,845 members.  Try again.

2 hours ago, SirL said:

Hardly ridiculously secretive,

Sorry, but for me any online site that requires Facebook membership just to read some content is ridiculously secretive. Even having to wait for admin approval before being able to read is absurd as far as I'm concerned. Posting is another matter.

It's not as if the site contained directions to hidden treasure, or was a terrorist front. It's just restaurants.

45 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Sorry, but for me any online site that requires Facebook membership just to read some content is ridiculously secretive.

LOL, everyone's got a FB account don't they?  The registration thing that annoys me the most is the sort of site that requires you to enter some code they send you by SMS (to confirm your mobile number).  Confirmation via an email isn't too bad, but I live in an old fisherman's cottage in France with stone walls about 50cm thick, so there's no mobile phone signal indoors.  We have to go out into the street outside to get a mobile signal, to wait for a SMS to arrive, just to register for a website.  Really annoying if it's raining!

Thai Garden Resort up on North Pattaya RD has a dinner buffet, different theme each night.  Cost is 399 however if you buy 6 tickets they'll toss in a 7th free.

40 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Thai Garden Resort up on North Pattaya RD has a dinner buffet, different theme each night.  Cost is 399 however if you buy 6 tickets they'll toss in a 7th free.

Is it any good?

1 hour ago, Eiahhh said:

Is it any good?

Have only tried the international buffet on Saturdays which myself and others thought was good.  Haven't gone as much lately since they closed down the Moon River Pub which had an excellent Filipino band and dance floor and converted it into a parking lot.

23 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Had they put that poster outside I would have tried it ages ago.

join the club

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for central festival buffet on floor 5(?). 329b and you have 90 minutes to fork in as much as you can. The steaks they prepare for you were surprisingly tender, some pink all the way through like it had been prepared in the west. 

Sushi tsunami was also good, I think it was 599b. They start to point at the alcohol and "specials" after the fifth order but who cares. Same deal, 90 minutes to order from the menu. The menu claims to contain 150 dishes and I tried to many of them. Had to go back to the room and crash after this one.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 06:59, KittenKong said:

Google street view has one outside as well

1 hour ago, badrodald said:

Google street view has one outside as well

So it does. The photo is dated September 2017 and I was not here then, which may explain why I didnt see it. I do walk past there several times a week when I'm here, and I've never noticed it.

I am staying right in that area in Sept.. Any recommendations for right in that area Kitten?

35 minutes ago, badrodald said:

I am staying right in that area in Sept.. Any recommendations for right in that area Kitten?

For a buffet in that part of Jomtien? Again, it depends on what style you are after.

There are several BBQ places along Jomtien Beach Road, including one or two in fairly upmarket hotels. These are mostly dotted along Beach Road with some of them being right down the far end, but one is very near the police box at the Dongtan end so easy walking distance from the Hanuman statue. The Deevaree (sp?) hotel one is further down the beach and is probably worth a look, if that's the sort of thing you like. You can get there on a regular Bahtbus. Also a couple on the back roads near or on Second Road.

There is the Italian one I mentioned near Rompho market, but it's only once a week.

Akvavit on Beach Road was also mentioned, at weekends.

Otherwise you would need to look at the Royal Cliff or the Intercon, or the Centara on Pratumnak. All of which are weekend affairs. None are particularly close to that part of Jomtien, and you would need transport, but you dont actually have to go through Pattaya to get to them.

Again if you have transport there is the Tsunami fish buffet on the corner of Chaiyapreuk and Sukumvit, and another HotPot style place just opposite. And the nearby George pub does a Sunday carvery (no idea what it's like). And there are one or two Chinese buffet places on Sukumvit but they seem to cater only for Chinese tour groups.

There are a couple of breakfast buffet places in Jomtien, but nothing else for evenings or lunchtime that I know of.

DVaree buffets: http://djb.dvaree.com/index.php?id=promotion   I had been interested in the (now) B399++ Japanese buffet there, which was at the time priced at B299++, but in ~December 2017 just before I arrived on my last trip they increased the price from B299++ to B399++, at which point I thought sod it, it's a long way away, it's really B460 all up, and Oishi and Tsunami SB have much more variety of food and are much more convenient to me in Pattaya, so I didn't go in the end.   https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fth.readme.me%2Fp%2F13046&edit-text=

I like Akvavit's Sat and Sun lunch buffet a lot.

For breakfast in Jomtien I'd like to try hotel Danmark some time, but I've never been there.

Archived