Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Emirates or Qatar

tobeornottobe

Emirates show Live football of their sponsored teams and have a brilliant movie list. Food is top notch, I got an afternoon tea with my in flight meal and this is all economy. don't want to go with another airline.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/29/2018 at 12:22, PR1977 said:

Qatar for me. 

If you're flying out of Dublin you'll be on Emirates B777 in 3-4-3 which has the most cramped seating of any plane on any airline I've ever flew on...Qatar's A350 on the same sector is 3-3-3 and very comfortable. Free seat choices too on Qatar.

Sorry, that should have read Qatar's B787 on the same sector is 3-3-3 and very comfortable.....

Very similar, but dubai airport is freezing! I like qatar airport better for a few reasons.

Same here but wish they would change them shitty pastry things on the way home .
I’m flying Etihad again in a couple of weeks time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 29/04/2018 at 12:50, jorgethepussylover said:

if want pay 30pound can enter to all eat drunk lounge

When I fly emirates I'm only in transit for 2 hours 50 minutes(outward Flight) and 2 hours 10 minutes(return flight).  Part of that time is taken up getting off the plane and getting through security.  And then part of the time is making your way to your departure gate for your onward flight.  So I'm not sure if its worth spend £30 to go in the business lounge.  I think I still prefer to go the bar and have a couple of pints.

12 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

When I fly emirates I'm only in transit for 2 hours 50 minutes(outward Flight) and 2 hours 10 minutes(return flight).  Part of that time is taken up getting off the plane and getting through security.  And then part of the time is making your way to your departure gate for your onward flight.  So I'm not sure if its worth spend £30 to go in the business lounge.  I think I still prefer to go the bar and have a couple of pints.

but if go to lounge can have food and many drink can have short time for price to same 1-2 drink

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

6 hours ago, jorgethepussylover said:

but if go to lounge can have food and many drink can have short time for price to same 1-2 drink

In a lounge you have to drink lager out of a can BUT in a bar I can drink draught lager :GiveBeer1:

54 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

In a lounge you have to drink lager out of a can BUT in a bar I can drink draught lager :GiveBeer1:

not all lounge same friend i go many lounge sometime airport i not expect have top lounge i go before and many time i have to become excite for lounge in good airport and shit

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

On 29/04/2018 at 13:22, lfc4dp said:

Emirates show Live football of their sponsored teams and have a brilliant movie list. Food is top notch, I got an afternoon tea with my in flight meal and this is all economy. don't want to go with another airline.

I used to fly with Etihad but in 2016 I booked a flight with Emirates mainly because I got a good deal.  I was so impressed with the flights,food and inflight entertainment.  I know fly with them all the time.  And as I am a member of there skywards frequent flyer programme I can use the airmiles I earn to bring down the price of any future bookings I make

• 2 months later...

Qatar is my choice...

after 4 return flights bkk-doh-ams I was upgraded to silver status and that gives me lounge access,priority boarding and 30kg luggage.

I used to fly with Etihad but in 2016 I booked a flight with Emirates mainly because I got a good deal.  I was so impressed with the flights,food and inflight entertainment.  I know fly with them all the time.  And as I am a member of there skywards frequent flyer programme I can use the airmiles I earn to bring down the price of any future bookings I make

Yeap is take Etihad over Qatar but emirates over the both , next time I’m flying direct as it’s only £60 more unless you fly some China or small eastern plane like Omar or Jordanian .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, mooiweer2010 said:

Qatar is my choice...

after 4 return flights bkk-doh-ams I was upgraded to silver status and that gives me lounge access,priority boarding and 30kg luggage.

Qatar's basic hold-allowance is already 30kgs, therefore with Silver-ff it increases 10kgs, to 40kgs which is even better when you're carrying goodies home to Thailand, as I am !

I also got a rare operational-upgrade to Business-class, on a crowded DOH-BKK on the (superb !) A380, now that really was sweet ! 

generally speaking these are the two airlines I mostly use for flying roundtrip Europe to Thailand

quite equal service considering all the aspects (confort of seats, aboard service, etc)

that said... I f***ing hate EK charge you for let u choose the seat in advance

it happened to me to fly with both carriers on both classes - economy & business - and again the service is basically the same standard (high standard imo)

also I've had a pleasant experience when it came the time to speak with each own respective call centers (but this kind of aspect of course depends by many factors - the country where you're residing, the person with who u r talking about, etc.)

at an equal price and equal flight schedule/time I would go with QR simply because I find the "new" Hamad airport more confortable than the Dubai's one (that's in any case not bad at all)

Qatar all the way for me ..like above poster said , Hamad Airport is very good . 

Those 787 dreamliner seats are terrible. I'm trying emirates in november.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.7.2018 at 04:03, taylor1975 said:

I didn't found Qatar 787 seats terrible. My flight was only 6 hours though from Helsinki to Doha. State of the art entertainment system, good food and the first airline where the staff button really works when you want your gin&tonic. Flawless service and good legroom. Also From Doha to Bangkok a little bit older B777, but still good service. Entertainment system was worse than 787 but still ok. Enough legrooom for me. I was travelling with my friend, so free seat selection was nice for us. Hamad airport has a lot of smoking lounges for us sinners and it's very easy to navigate. Maybe I try Emirates soon as they opened the route from Dubai to Helsinki, but it's flydubai from Helsinki to Dubai so it's expected to be a low cost carrier flight...

36 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

I didn't found Qatar 787 seats terrible. My flight was only 6 hours though from Helsinki to Doha. State of the art entertainment system, good food and the first airline where the staff button really works when you want your gin&tonic. Flawless service and good legroom. Also From Doha to Bangkok a little bit older B777, but still good service. Entertainment system was worse than 787 but still ok. Enough legrooom for me. I was travelling with my friend, so free seat selection was nice for us. Hamad airport has a lot of smoking lounges for us sinners and it's very easy to navigate. Maybe I try Emirates soon as they opened the route from Dubai to Helsinki, but it's flydubai from Helsinki to Dubai so it's expected to be a low cost carrier flight...

Yep its all brill apart from those seats. I just can't bear them. I'm 6 foot tall and i notice a lot less legroom on 787 v their a380 or the 777-300. The legroom isn't the problem, its the lack of recline that gets me.

On 7/23/2018 at 22:03, taylor1975 said:

Don't worry with effect from 28th Oct ex Manchester Qatar Airways will be using the A350-900XWB aircraft on 2 of the daily flights.

1 hour ago, brownmanc said:

Don't worry with effect from 28th Oct ex Manchester Qatar Airways will be using the A350-900XWB aircraft on 2 of the daily flights.

...i know and i checked the seats!! ....i'm pretty sure they use the same seats as 787.

If you google it, you can find qatar airways pdf seat maps and there is a comment for both planes that says 6 degree decline.

• 1 month later...
On 29/4/2018 at 07:22, PR1977 said:

Qatar for me. 

If you're flying out of Dublin you'll be on Emirates B777 in 3-4-3 which has the most cramped seating of any plane on any airline I've ever flew on...Qatar's A350 on the same sector is 3-3-3 and very comfortable. Free seat choices too on Qatar.

Food and service better on Qatar too, Doha is superior to Dubai as a connecting airport (one terminal, cleaner, more spacious and navigable) too IMHO.

This is good advice. I've recently flown Qatar and Emirates in business and I flew Emirates economy back in 1998. If I fly economy, I am very careful about avoiding these 10 abreast 777s, They are horrific.

I have uses both but I have to go with Qatar. Doha airport is much smaller and less crowded. Plus they use the new 787 compare to 777 as Emirates use from my city to Doha.  

On 29/04/2018 at 12:50, jorgethepussylover said:

if want pay 30pound can enter to all eat drunk lounge

You wouldnt happen to have an online link for this lounge in Dubai, ive a 5 hour stopover in Dubai in December and this lounge sounds a no brainer, cheers

Pattaya september 17th bring it on

Just back had first Emirates flight Dub - Dubai 1st leg 777 full plane jammed in like sardines 2nd leg A380 upstairs ecc row of seats to myself stewardess woke me up for landing return 777s both legs horrendous both full. BTW used lounge@b in T3 concorse B €35 excellent superb value for money. Moral of tale A380 superb 777s shite

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Archived