IGNORED

Emirates or Qatar

tobeornottobe

How does the service in economy flights compare for these . 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Year I flew with them both and I think Qatar is slightly better. Not much difference though. Go with the airline which timetable suits you best.

I flew with Qatar recently and I’ve flown with emirates a few times. I’d say very similar. I got the Qatar one for a good price , so if it’s cheaper, I’d take it as it’s definitely not worse. One drawback, you can’t have a drink in Doha airport and you can in Dubai! Don’t know if that’s an issue for you or not!

At £9 + a pint in Dubai airport, I'm not tempted to have a drink  :)

Service on economy, regardless of carrier, are at the best bearable; you get what you pay fore: some chow & drink and thats it.

Qatar better by some distance especially now with the new airport. Had one or two indifferent flights with Emirates in the past especially when full plane. Air crew impatient and can't cope. 

Very similar, but dubai airport is freezing! I like qatar airport better for a few reasons.

13 hours ago, Peter o connor said:

I flew with Qatar recently and I’ve flown with emirates a few times. I’d say very similar. I got the Qatar one for a good price , so if it’s cheaper, I’d take it as it’s definitely not worse. One drawback, you can’t have a drink in Doha airport and you can in Dubai! Don’t know if that’s an issue for you or not!

About 2yrs ago I flew with Qatar and you could get a drink then, bar right near the big teddy.

Dubai has a good bar at A and C gates.

Prefer the in flight service with emirates.

Qatar impressed me with leg space and foods . Usually in most airlines , foods are not good and leg space not good either . Can’t say if Qatar is better than Emirates cos I never flew with Emirates. Qatar will be my future regular flight depending their price . 

Pre booking your seat on Emirates is a rip off, don't know about Qatar is it free to pre book.

the prices below are per leg 

image.png

That's the norm these days. What irks me though is BA who charge seat bookings for biz...takes the piss when you've just shelled out nearly £2k!

No real difference in the two regarding the service but you do not have to pay for pre booking your seats on Qatar but you do have to pay with Emirates.

23 hours ago, samlin said:

About 2yrs ago I flew with Qatar and you could get a drink then, bar right near the big teddy.

Dubai has a good bar at A and C gates.

Prefer the in flight service with emirates.

It’s possible I missed it then, I was looking out for a bar and didn’t see one.

17 hours ago, Sitmaman said:

No real difference in the two regarding the service but you do not have to pay for pre booking your seats on Qatar but you do have to pay with Emirates.

I think you can do this for free on Emirates too 48 hrs before the flight.

Flew with Qatar many times,they are very good imo,next week flying first time with Emirates to Bkk,really interested how it compares to Qatar.

• 1 month later...
On 03/03/2018 at 19:04, jaynewcastle said:

I understand where you are coming from but it's always been part of my routine to have a drink at the airport.  Nowadays I fly with Emirates.  So I'll always have a beer or two when I am at Manchester airport.  And a beer or two at Dubai whilst in Transit.

I've never flown Qatar but I believe they are a good airline BUT I am happy to stay with Emirates.  I normally get a good price for my Emirates flights.  I also like there A380 planes.  I think there food is good.  And I think there inflight entertainment is very good.

My only critisism of Emirates is that I like booking my seats well in advance and I get charged.  They didnt use to charge.  I could wait till 48 hours before my flight to book my seats for free but the trouble with this is that doubt that I would get the seats I want.  I like to sit as near to the front of economy as possible.  Booking seats late would mean I wouldnt get the seats I want

I have never flew Emirates, But I have flew Qatar on multiple occassions.

I usually book flights through some website that looks for the cheapest fares, as some of you might be doing as well. As others pointed out - what I found out on emirates is, the cheapest fare they offer does not allow you to select your seat before online checkin opens 48h to departure.

Now this ain't the case with Qatar, I was able to select my seat weeks before departure and thus ensuring I did not ended with cramped middle seat. Since both fare prices between Emirates and Qatar were comparable during my last two trips, you can easily quess which one I took.

As for IFE and food, Qatar was enjoyable. Doha airport is also great and it is not crowded in comparison to Dubai.

So even without flying Emirates, I will say Qatar is better. 

Drunken's farang trip report (sort of) Memoirs of last 12 months

I have flown with both in cattle class, they are so close in their onboard service and flight times I would just go with the cheapest one.

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

There is no big difference I tried both but I feel that Qatar airways has lower and good prices but the food and seats  in emirates was better. As you know there is a conflict between Qatar and its neighbors and this has had a negative impact on Qatar airways due to the airspace ban and losing markets in four countries and now they have to fly for longer routes than before  so they try to lower the costs and I think this will affect the quality .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Qatar for me. 

If you're flying out of Dublin you'll be on Emirates B777 in 3-4-3 which has the most cramped seating of any plane on any airline I've ever flew on...Qatar's A350 on the same sector is 3-3-3 and very comfortable. Free seat choices too on Qatar.

Food and service better on Qatar too, Doha is superior to Dubai as a connecting airport (one terminal, cleaner, more spacious and navigable) too IMHO.

7 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Qatar for me. 

If you're flying out of Dublin you'll be on Emirates B777 in 3-4-3 which has the most cramped seating of any plane on any airline I've ever flew on...Qatar's A350 on the same sector is 3-3-3 and very comfortable. Free seat choices too on Qatar.

Food and service better on Qatar too, Doha is superior to Dubai as a connecting airport (one terminal, cleaner, more spacious and navigable) too IMHO.

Was on that flight and Airport last December  , very impressive . My first time on Qatar . 

3 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Was on that flight and Airport last December  , very impressive . My first time on Qatar . 

Me too, and repeated in March, very impressed.

I hear Qatar are flying into Pattaya Airport / Utapao now too so might investigate that

On 3/3/2018 at 23:04, jaynewcastle said:

if want pay 30pound can enter to all eat drunk lounge

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

Archived