IGNORED

Taxi Bangkok to Pattaya

Banker86

On 11/04/2018 at 08:31, mduga said:

I typically use nam. Highly recommended. Only issue I have, and this doesn't seem limited to nam, is it would be great if they accepted USD or even better exchanged USD for thb at the local Patts rates. Airport exchange rates are a rip-off

Not very practical for the taxi drivers, as it is not only Americans who visit, so should they exchange Euro's, Pounds, AUD, Krona, Rupies etc. in taxis ? It starts to get a bit complicated when you think of the rest of the world's currencies as well.

2 hours ago, vewdew43 said:

Ya but you will be exchanging only about 50 dollars to pay taxi, in Pattaya current rate right now is 31 at the airport is 29 so you loose 2 THB. so in Airport if you exchange 50USD you get  1450 THB at Pattaya you get 100 THB more 1550 You're not loosing that much only 3 USD and change.

At the Airport, Superrich exchange booth, next to the train entrance (on the left hand side of the ticket office as you are looking at the entrance to the trains).

Exchange prices at Superrich booth at the Airport at this very moment.... 

CURRENCY
DENOMINATION
BUYING RATE
SELLING RATE
usd_icon.png USD
United States
10 - 20

1 hour ago, billybee said:

that's what I do just change 50 or 100 at the airport enough for the taxi down to pattaya so your not loosing to much with the exchange rate

You should not be losing, if anything gaining a bit, if using Superrich at the airport.

As to taxis, I have used Nam a few times recently and I am very happy with Nam's service.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

www.pattayataxi.info, used 4 times. On time, nice cars, 1000 all in.

I use the services of fellow BM @Velcro.  

My first trip he brought me to the hotel and came in with me to make sure all was ok.  Lucky for me he did as I had no room and needed to find another place to stay at 4am. I think we found one at the 5th stop. 

• 1 month later...

I usually paid 1000 bht just at the exit of aiport but i think the bus is the best solution if you want to save money

I used Nam's Taxi just before Christmas in December. They are always reliable and easy to deal with. Also very patient as I had to buy a SIM card at the airport. Let me vape in the car on the way to Patts.

One mistake I always make in December is wearing a long sleeve shirt on the plane since I am coming from a cold place. Then when I land in Bangkok, I am always dripping sweat as soon as I get outside since it's warm there.

How can I go from bkk airport Suvarnabhumi to ekamai bus stop, any bus service available, if yes plz specify timing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, vicky126 said:

How can I go from bkk airport Suvarnabhumi to ekamai bus stop, any bus service available, if yes plz specify timing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Air travel to regional bus service is not a particularly highly travelled intermodal transportation connection here, so getting there is not so accommodating.

But .. for whatever reason, if you absolutely must take bus service from Ekkamai, there are no direct buses from Suvarnabhumi.

Option 1 - take a taxi .. maybe THB 275-350 (all-in, including toll and airport fee, and route).

Option 2 - take the airport train to Phaya Thai BTS Station, then take the BTS to Ekkamai BTS Station .. then, a 1 minute walk to the bus station.

If there are 2 of you, the cost of rail and BTS is about the same as a taxi, and a taxi is far more convenient .. dragging large luggage up and down stairs through the BTS system is unpleasant.

Option 3 - I think there might still be an express bus from the airport to lower Sukhumvit Road, say Nana BTS Station .. then, take the BTS to Ekkamai BTS Station.

I assume you are not destined for Pattaya or Hua Hin, which are served by buses departing directly from Suvarnabhumi.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Thai happy taxi, great service using them for several years, and usually the cheapest, best thing about them is that they are ALWAYS on time and you do the booking using their website. no need to txt and explain to anyone.

I'd go with a woman driver every time .. the issues are: knowing exactly who you are getting, safety, and high quality service (none provide sexual favors .. strictly business).

The contact list is a bit dated and is missing a few additions, but the successful drivers are still there:

You can also take Bell Travel Bus from any hotel in Bangkok to your hotel in Pattaya for 370 baht!

An hour before departure a Minivan will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to a Busstation were you change to a big aircon coach that will take you to Pattaya North Bus Station and change to a Minivan again to take you directly to your hotel.

You can count on 4 hours all the way, so if you are in a hurry and money is no issue a taxi will be faster!

You book and pay for ticket on Internet:

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

On 4/23/2018 at 15:12, ub6daveb9 said:

Highly recommend nams taxi service

Very nice driver who speaks good english

About 1400baht airport to pattaya

Just used nams twice 1200bht each way camry one way and fortuner the other , water in the car and good safe drivers :Bravo1:

Probably a stupid question but I’m assuming to use a service like nams you need to book in advance via the website? Are there any taxi/driving services from the airport to pattaya that you can organist once you’ve arrived  at the airporte itself? The reason I ask is cos I’m planning on getting the bus at present, but would like to keep my options open...

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

1 hour ago, wallywest said:

Probably a stupid question but I’m assuming to use a service like nams you need to book in advance via the website? Are there any taxi/driving services from the airport to pattaya that you can organist once you’ve arrived  at the airporte itself? The reason I ask is cos I’m planning on getting the bus at present, but would like to keep my options open...

So what you're asking , are there any taxi services from an airport  ?  just about every airport in the world has taxis outside waiting for customers . You just tell them where you want to go ,

Get in taxi queue  

get in car 

say pattaya please  

pay fare on arrival 

not too difficult is it   ,

2 hours ago, wallywest said:

As worldpunter points out, you are way over-thinking this wallywest.

Command decision here .. just .. pick .. :D

The uncertainty of picking a random taxi at the airport is: (a) you might draw one of Thailand's notorious suicide monkey drivers; and, (b) will he know his way to your hotel (they generally are unfamiliar with Pattaya) .. it is a lucky draw first time, or naive visitors to Pattaya take.

A reserved taxi from any of the woman-owned taxi services listed in post #35 (above) eliminates both concerns .. priced about the same, maybe THB 100-200 more .. (a beer).

1 hour ago, worldpunter said:

So what you're asking , are there any taxi services from an airport  ?  just about every airport in the world has taxis outside waiting for customers . You just tell them where you want to go ,

Get in taxi queue  

get in car 

say pattaya please  

pay fare on arrival 

not too difficult is it   ,

Yeah sorry I didn’t realise it was just a regular metered taxi we were talking about ...in some of the countries I’ve visited  ive   needed to book a special driver and vehicle for a longer trip like this...and I guess I assumed we were talking more about that type of service here.

34 minutes ago, brutox said:

A reserved taxi from any of the woman-owned taxi services listed in post #35 (above) eliminates both concerns .. priced the same, maybe THB 100 more.

So if I queue and get a regular taxi from the airport to pattaya, it should cost around 12-1300baht ? Sorry for these questions but transport (esp when it’s somewhere I’m not overly familiar with) is the one thing that really stresses me out and I do tend to overthink it.

8 minutes ago, wallywest said:

Yeah sorry I didn’t realise it was just a regular metered taxi we were talking about ...in some of the countries I’ve visited  ive   needed to book a special driver and vehicle for a longer trip like this...and I guess I assumed we were talking more about that type of service here.

So if I queue and get a regular taxi from the airport to pattaya, it should cost around 12-1300baht ? Sorry for these questions but transport (esp when it’s somewhere I’m not overly familiar with) is the one thing that really stresses me out and I do tend to overthink it.

Mate if it stresses you out, just book a car service like Nams and be done with any stress. For the sake of a small amount of baht in an overall holiday budget it’s piece of mind and completely stress free. 

I for one feel the lady drivers are a lot easier and safer than a Bangkok taxi driver pick up from the airport. 

1 minute ago, Dr No said:

Mate if it stresses you out, just book a car service like Nams and be done with any stress. For the sake of a small amount of baht in an overall holiday budget it’s piece of mind and completely stress free. 

Haha yes good point and best solution I will speak of it no more :D:D:D

and remember , getting somewhere is often easier than getting back    [ but you wont want to get back , just melt into the crowd on BR and never look back  ]

I'm just about to book Nams taxi service  prices look fair and other bms testimonials have have made me go with her. I'll post a review in the other section when I complete me trip

59 minutes ago, TREX7 said:

I'm just about to book nams taxi service  prices look fair and other bms testimonials have have made me go with her. I'll post a review in the other section when I complete me trip

In the last month I have travelled with Nams http://namstaxipattaya.com  three times, 1200 bahts one-way plus 100 or 200 tip. Service is direct to/from your hotel.

One time I traveled on BellBus http://www.belltravelservice.com, 250 bahts one way airport to hotel. The three times I took a taxi were because the bus timetable, every two hours, involved long waits which rather bore me.

Bus or Nams: book in advance on web.

In the last month I have travelled with Nams http://namstaxipattaya.com  three times, 1200 bahts one-way plus 100 or 200 tip. Service is direct to/from your hotel.
One time I traveled on BellBus http://www.belltravelservice.com, 250 bahts one way airport to hotel. The three times I took a taxi were because the bus timetable, every two hours, involved long waits which rather bore me.
Bus or Nams: book in advance on web.
Just sent the email to nam now to pre book as I'll be in pattaya in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing how good her service is.

I've used another taxi service but was way too overpriced.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 4/11/2018 at 02:31, mduga said:

I typically use nam. Highly recommended. Only issue I have, and this doesn't seem limited to nam, is it would be great if they accepted USD or even better exchanged USD for thb at the local Patts rates. Airport exchange rates are a rip-off

Why would it be limited to US dollars ? What about the other 200+ currencies around the world ? Nice idea but not really practical.

On 6/10/2018 at 09:58, Ralphanous said:

Just used nams twice 1200bht each way camry one way and fortuner the other , water in the car and good safe drivers :Bravo1:

Water in the car ? I would want to drive there not swim :)

Archived