IGNORED

Taxi Bangkok to Pattaya

Banker86

Been awhile since I've been on will be making a return trip. 

Can anyone recommend a good taxi service please 

Thanks 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Banker86 said:

Thanks 

Look in the transportation and travel section below as there are a few services mention.  I posted about one called "Yung" whose significant other is an Aussie.

36 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Look in the transportation and travel section below as there are a few services mention.  I posted about one called "Yung" whose significant other is an Aussie.

Thanks for that will take a look. Hopefully they wont mind that im actually English.... Probably charge me more haha. I just live in Aus

Look at Tann

they are great sign at the airport to greet you and good drivers

I am using tomorrow night, 1300 Baht for the trip but safe

4 hours ago, Banker86 said:

Thanks 

Search for Nam or Meow. I think Nam is the most recommended at the moment. I used Nam on my newbie trip and i will use her again next June.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

1 minute ago, Humthai said:

U can find taxis at 1000 baths. But me i prefer go To BTS Ekkamai and i take bus direct To Pattaya for 108 baths. Perfect for me...

Not sure you will get a taxi for 1000 frim Bangkok itself. Haven't found any taxi for that price for a few years.

1 minute ago, Tarl said:

Not sure you will get a taxi for 1000 frim Bangkok itself. Haven't found any taxi for that price for a few years.

U can find but u have To deal with des taxis before u find 1 who accept. Most of the time i agréé they ask 1200. But if u re Lucky u can find at 1000.

50 minutes ago, Humthai said:

U can find taxis at 1000 baths. But me i prefer go To BTS Ekkamai and i take bus direct To Pattaya for 108 baths. Perfect for me...

But 108 baht is not your total cost as you would have to add in the BTS cost plus the cost from the bus terminal to your hotel.  Plus when you get to the bus terminal in Bangkok you'll have to wait for the next bus to depart and hope that it isn't filled and have to wait for the following bus like I had to do the last time I visited my Embassy.

45 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

But 108 baht is not your total cost as you would have to add in the BTS cost plus the cost from the bus terminal to your hotel.  Plus when you get to the bus terminal in Bangkok you'll have to wait for the next bus to depart and hope that it isn't filled and have to wait for the following bus like I had to do the last time I visited my Embassy.

The BTS cost is up to 44 baht for the longest trip and the last time I took the Patttaya blue bus, it cost me 100 in a baht bus to get to my hotel. (There were a couple of us)

19 hours ago, Banker86 said:

http://namstaxipattaya.com/

http://www.tanstaxi.com/

Both devices have women drivers, so not crazy.

See web sites for prices and to book.

I've used Mr. Dang's service for the past 4 years. Safe drivers and clean cars. Always on time too. Price is the same now as it was then, 1,000B each way. I usually tip 100B going to BKK. I tip higher coming from BKK, 200B, as the driver has the added expense of car park and time waiting for my flight. Contact info:
[email protected]
086-0904718 or 089-0355897

I pay 1000B too for my taxi.

It might go up a little bit when the toll gates on highway 7 will be in operation. But I expect not to pay more than 1100B then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes taxi was around 1200-1500 last I checked.  I usually take the bus from Ekkamai station for 108 BHT.  One bus goes to the bus terminal in north Pattaya which is like 2.5km from Walking Street, and the other one goes to S. Pattaya Rd and (hwy 3?) which is about 2km away.  When it's not super hot and I have light bags I don't mind the 30 min walk.

If I'm in BKK for a few days I usually book a hotel near Ekkamai so it's easy to/from Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

I typically use nam. Highly recommended. Only issue I have, and this doesn't seem limited to nam, is it would be great if they accepted USD or even better exchanged USD for thb at the local Patts rates. Airport exchange rates are a rip-off

On 23/02/2018 at 03:48, thumper64 said:

The BTS cost is up to 44 baht for the longest trip and the last time I took the Patttaya blue bus, it cost me 100 in a baht bus to get to my hotel. (There were a couple of us)

I tried looking for this bus a couple of years a go with no luck and ended up paying 1200 baht fot the taxi.

I recommened Nams taxi.

My flight was delayed one year, and the poor girl had been holding a sign up for 1.5 hours longer. I gave her a huge tip. I've had taxi's from the UK and Germany, Nams taxi best taxi service in the world for me.

I might get Nams taxi back to UK

21 minutes ago, Ben4454 said:

My flight was delayed one year

Hope you got put up in a decent hotel for that year :D

On 4/10/2018 at 21:31, mduga said:

I typically use nam. Highly recommended. Only issue I have, and this doesn't seem limited to nam, is it would be great if they accepted USD or even better exchanged USD for thb at the local Patts rates. Airport exchange rates are a rip-off

Ya but you will be exchanging only about 50 dollars to pay taxi, in Pattaya current rate right now is 31 at the airport is 29 so you loose 2 THB. so in Airport if you exchange 50USD you get  1450 THB at Pattaya you get 100 THB more 1550 You're not loosing that much only 3 USD and change.

15 minutes ago, vewdew43 said:

Ya but you will be exchanging only about 50 dollars to pay taxi, in Pattaya current rate right now is 31 at the airport is 29 so you loose 2 THB. so in Airport if you exchange 50USD you get  1450 THB at Pattaya you get 100 THB more 1550 You're not loosing that much only 3 USD and change.

that's what I do just change 50 or 100 at the airport enough for the taxi down to pattaya so your not loosing to much with the exchange rate

Archived