IGNORED

Qatar Airways - review

PR1977

39 minutes ago, robert said:

Thanks, both of my flights are on Qatar thus I would think that they would hold it for awhile

I'm sure they will, what suprised me the most was my case was also transferred to the other plane within this sort time 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually fly with Etihad or Emirates but having read so many good reviews about Qatar and a great price of €501 return for my September trip I booked with Qatar this time. Looking forward to travelling with them.

I fly from Edinburgh. For me, the great thing about Qatar is that the flight is broken into two more-or-less equal parts. Whereas previously with KLM the second part was just too long. Mind you, it helps that Qatar are cheaper than KLM!

Very difficult booking flights with Qatar for May at the moment who i would rather fly with, there is a price of £453 from London Heathrow available but with a over 6 hours stopover on return, outbound perfect flights and only 50 minute stopover and arrives Bangkok at 07.05 am , but only 1 flight available on return with over 6 hours stopover the other flights 6 in total have a fee of £174 to the fare making it over £600 far to much in low season so i don't understand why Qatar are doing this price.   

• 2 weeks later...

Still no bargains from Qatar for May with prices still £630 as above no problems outbound flights it's the return flights the best still carrying a fee of £174 on up to 6 flights no wonder not many bums on seats at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Still no bargains from Qatar for May with prices still £630 as above no problems outbound flights it's the return flights the best still carrying a fee of £174 on up to 6 flights no wonder not many bums on seats at the moment.

Emirates any better? 

Must admit in 32 years flying to Bangkok i have never flown with Emirates at all only Etihad, Qatar & Gulf Air. Am i correct that Emirates charge for Seats up to £100 on 4 flights and what about Baggage fees are there any.    Currently Emirates & Qantas are around £430 from London. 

10 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Must admit in 32 years flying to Bangkok i have never flown with Emirates at all only Etihad, Qatar & Gulf Air. Am i correct that Emirates charge for Seats up to £100 on 4 flights and what about Baggage fees are there any.    Currently Emirates & Qantas are around £430 from London. 

Wow, 32 years and not tried Emirates !

They were number 1 for me until as you say they started the charging for reserving a seat at time of booking nonsense.  Customers hate such things.

Now I'm trying airlines that do not do that.

48 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Assuming cheapest ticket and no 'status' then yeh. Its a problem if you want to be at the front of the plane - i like the back, so free selection at 48 hour countdown.

Very difficult booking flights with Qatar for May at the moment who i would rather fly with, there is a price of £453 from London Heathrow available but with a over 6 hours stopover on return, outbound perfect flights and only 50 minute stopover and arrives Bangkok at 07.05 am , but only 1 flight available on return with over 6 hours stopover the other flights 6 in total have a fee of £174 to the fare making it over £600 far to much in low season so i don't understand why Qatar are doing this price.   

I’m looking at flying with Qatar for the first time this year. Having never flown with them before I have never been through Doha airport. The flight I am looking at also has a 50 minute stopover on the outgoing flight. Looks like it could be a bit tight for time to make the connecting flight. Have you flown with Qatar through Doha before? Just trying to get advice as to whether 50 minutes for the connection is enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qatar is head and shoulders above any other airline for economy class. Cannot fault it atall! Doha is a brilliant transit airport I actually enjoy my layovers in Doha. I fly out of Manchester in England and usually get a 07:05 flight and without fail every time the flight is no more than 60% capacity. I always have 4 seats to myself. Will never fly with anyone else again 

5 hours ago, Gunna123 said:

I’m looking at flying with Qatar for the first time this year. Having never flown with them before I have never been through Doha airport. The flight I am looking at also has a 50 minute stopover on the outgoing flight. Looks like it could be a bit tight for time to make the connecting flight. Have you flown with Qatar through Doha before? Just trying to get advice as to whether 50 minutes for the connection is enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, i do enjoy flying with Qatar Airways especially the A380's  and always try to get seats in economy upstairs at the back much quicker to exit the plane after business class, As for Doha Airport it's now still brand new and very modern and clean and 50 minute stop-over should really not present any problems, there are moving escalator's to the next departure gate. Like everyone else these extra charges for baggage and seat choice are getting to be a pain in the backside and more and more airlines are getting in on the act,

Also, noticed with airlines Qatar included they seem to be changing the A380 for smaller size planes because of lack of demand and poor booking's sign of times I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Also, noticed with airlines Qatar included they seem to be changing the A380 for smaller size planes because of lack of demand and poor booking's sign of times I'm afraid.

Thats what they've done out of manchester. Swapped for 787 and i hate those seats.

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Thats what they've done out of manchester. Swapped for 787 and i hate those seats.

Shortly the A350-900 will be back on the MAN-DOH route covering the morning/afternoon flights.

A380 will be taken off the DOH-BKK route replaced with B777-300ER in 10 across  Y config .

11 hours ago, brownmanc said:

Shortly the A350-900 will be back on the MAN-DOH route covering the morning/afternoon flights.

A380 will be taken off the DOH-BKK route replaced with B777-300ER in 10 across  Y config .

It looks like the a350 has got those new seats where the base slides forward and hardly any recline (same as 787). If so, they are awful.

the 777-300 is fine for me. They have the old seats.

Archived