IGNORED

Christmas Dinner Options 2017

Evil Penevil

Yes, it was mulled wine. It's a great cold-weather drink.

Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Yes, it was mulled wine. It's a great cold-weather drink.

Evil Penevil

do they make it or can you buy it.  too lazy to do myself.  this years version was great

On 25/12/2017 at 23:44, jocky king said:

Had dinner at Steak.co / Smokin Joe .... 995 bt for Xmas dinner ,  never ate all of it , left 50% of it on the plate with my mate . It was cold when served , No ham there , very disappointed . With all the great reviews , I was lead to believe it will be a great Xmas dinner , probably my worst ever in my entire life , my mate said the same , he never finished the dinner either . 

Sorry if the meal was cold, did you speak to either Jason or Yuri who were both working all day ? If there is a problem please give us the opportunity at the time to put it right. There was 30 ish portions left at the end of the day so I cannot understand why the ham was missing from the plate. This was a photo I took of the Xmas meal coming out, all the meals I saw looked identical but I apologise if yours wasn't the same. 

IMG_8100 (1).JPG

18 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Sorry if the meal was cold, did you speak to either Jason or Yuri who were both working all day ? If there is a problem please give us the opportunity at the time to put it right. There was 30 ish portions left at the end of the day so I cannot understand why the ham was missing from the plate. This was a photo I took of the Xmas meal coming out, all the meals I saw looked identical but I apologise if yours wasn't the same. 

IMG_8100 (1).JPG

19 minutes ago, steak&co said:

IMG_8100 (1).JPG

Is that what you got for a 1000  Baht?

49 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Is that what you got for a 1000  Baht?

Yes, Turkey's are 3,000 - 4,000 Baht per birds and 8-10 servings off one bird (two thick slices and some brown meat), Australian Sirloin 800 kilo, NZ Lamb Shoulder 400 ish, ham 400, Cranberry sauce 140 Baht a can, the stuffing we made with dried apricots, dried cranberry's etc, Yorkshires we bough in for convenience, turkey gravy from scratch.  It's a huge thing for us every year doing Christmas dinner, at 4pm we had 70+ people sitting down eating Christmas dinner at the same time, it's not a buffet. 99% of people enjoyed the meal, many had returned from previous year, some wanted to book for next year on the day. On the day we had one complaint and Yuri dealt with it professionally and removed the cost of the food from the bill, we are in the hospitality business and the customer is always right, we just ask you talk to us at the time so we can fix the problem and you leave happy / happier. 

21 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Yes, Turkey's are 3,000 - 4,000 Baht per birds and 8-10 servings off one bird (two thick slices and some brown meat)

Those must  be small turkeys.I purchased a 5 kilo turkey from Big C for 2200 Baht.Fed 6 of us on Xmas day good 4/5 thick slices of turkey each +. brown meat.loads of Sandwiches yesterday.Still Had half a turkey left over my TW has been feeding the rest to the Soi dogs.

5 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Those must  be small turkeys.I purchased a 5 kilo turkey from Big C for 2200 Baht.Fed 6 of us on Xmas day good 4/5 thick slices of turkey each +. brown meat.loads of Sandwiches yesterday.Still Had half a turkey left over my TW has been feeding the rest to the Soi dogs.

440 Baht a kilo is pretty good going, due to a late influx of bookings (people arriving just before Xmas) we ended up buying 4 more turkeys at Villa on the Saturday before Xmas and it was around 700+ Baht per kilo, Turkeys obviously have large meaty legs ...white meat which restaurants serve (very different to home-cooking where you can serve every ounce of meat) is 8-10 portions as we dont buy the boned out offerings. 

4 minutes ago, steak&co said:

around 700+ Baht per kilo

The turkeys have been for sale in Big C 450 Baht a kilo for the last 4 weeks.

Just now, Pheat said:

The turkeys have been for sale in Big C 450 Baht a kilo for the last 4 weeks.

I'm not saying they haven't, I just told you what we paid on Saturday after receiving a load more bookings and wanting to make sure we didn't turn people away, they take a couple of days to properly defrost and I wasn't too concerned about our profit more about keeping the customers happy so I paid what I thought was necessary to secure the extra birds on short notice.  

1 minute ago, steak&co said:

I'm not saying they haven't, I just told you what we paid on Saturday after receiving a load more bookings and wanting to make sure we didn't turn people away, they take a couple of days to properly defrost and I wasn't too concerned about our profit more about keeping the customers happy so I paid what I thought was necessary to secure the extra birds on short notice.  

So what do you do with the approximately 50 kilos of brown meat ?

1 hour ago, steak&co said:

IMG_8100 (1).JPG

This is a plate I never got . Honestly . There were no ham there , Turkey was all cut up . not  like this picture , so cold .   I wish I have taken the picture of the plate I ate .  The manager neve even came up to ask how the Xmas dinner was .. I just left the place in disgust .  I accept your apology but I has to say my piece here . 

Just now, Pheat said:

fuck me that was good, thanks steak&co, I was full after 49 but finished it all

1 minute ago, Pheat said:

The left over ham, lamb, beef and brown turkey meat went to the staff, the white slices left got sold to my friend who also has a restaurant and was selling a turkey dinner on Boxing Day. 

• whitespider - RIP locked this topic

Archived