IGNORED

TRIUMPH Pattaya

jiz

Triumph has an impressive inventory of bikes in stock at their new showroom on Sukhumvit, across from Theprasit/TESCO.

The main showroom is not officially open yet but dozens are are on display with even more in the Yamaha/Boat shop in the rear. 

Very nice. (still wanking)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here u go..............................

5a27d92eb64e6_nov26048(Custom).JPG.83da32f21024930abc9c2a8fb361f71a.JPG

i can do a couple of pics but not the wipes

5a27d9619a7e8_nov26050(Custom).JPG.31a932a9fd5a694a81ff119007e7ef1b.JPG

5a27d97c5fba9_nov26051(Custom).JPG.8dffff72d2852f2088475dd1d82b3b4a.JPG

5a27d990568be_nov26052(Custom).JPG.b2bba3a3bab3d466e4536af234683fd4.JPG

Seem to be doing well increasing production now employ 1000 worker's in Thailand.

I really like the way they have gone for a retro look on the T100 and T110. I was the proud owner of a 1968 TR6 single carb version of the Bonneville in the 1970s . Not the fastest of my bikes but always a huge grin factor . If I lived in Thailand would probably buy one ,love to bike where its always warm . Probably go for the Twin a class looking basic model , less is more to me.

Except for the crazy prices due to taxes/duty....

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

46 minutes ago, SteveX08 said:

Except for the crazy prices due to taxes/duty....

if they have a factory here it's different but they are never gonna be cheap

1 hour ago, mbamber said:

Seem to be doing well increasing production now employ 1000 worker's in Thailand.

Did I not read that they were switching production to India?

I’d be happy with reasonable prices.  My Moto Guzzi V7 (750cc) bought in Australia was equivalent  to  340000 baht. (2014 price)

6 minutes ago, Edge said:

Did I not read that they were switching to to India?

I have read they are in talks about a partnership in India for smaller bike's don't think the 3 Thai factories are affected as Triumph Thailand is 100% owned by Triumph UK.

37 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I have read they are in talks about a partnership in India for smaller bike's don't think the 3 Thai factories are affected as Triumph Thailand is 100% owned by Triumph UK.

I don't know where I read it...year or more ago.
I know Triumph are still manufacturing parts here, but......
Might have been somewhere like this.... http://www.motorcycle.in.th/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=5948

"I would be surprised if Triumph Thailand is still producing complete motorcycles in Thailand. Some time ago Triumph decided to move all motorcycle production to a new factory in India. The Triumph factory near the city of Bangalore in India is expected to be fully operational by 2015, after which the Thai production facility will be shifting its concentration to spare parts.
Even if Triumph Thailand is manufacturing the Bonneville T100 in Thailand, it's still subjected to high import duties as Triumph Thailand uses Bonded Warehouse Manufacturing (manufacturing operations without payment of TAX or duty).
Triumph expects to make by 2015 around 300,000 to 500,000 motorcycles that is ten times its current global production."

"The price of Triumph motorcycles in Thailand is naked theft. Kawasaki, Honda Ducati, perhaps others all manufacture in Thailand and sell these machines at prices that do not include the high import duties. Triumph manufacture here but still charge duties that they do not pay. They pocket your money if you buy one"

"]Triumph don't have the same agreement with the BOI as the other foreign manufacturers you mention as their production facility is in the duty free zone, meaning bikes produced there are still classified as imports and are subject to the same taxes as bikes manufactured outside of Thailand. Also, I believe that Triumph no longer assemble complete machines in Thailand as they are relocating that part of their operation to India. The Thai government is pocketing your money, Triumph are not."

Maybe things changed since then or they had it wrong?

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I don't know where I read it...year or more ago.
I know Triumph are still manufacturing parts here, but......
Might have been somewhere like this.... http://www.motorcycle.in.th/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=5948

"I would be surprised if Triumph Thailand is still producing complete motorcycles in Thailand. Some time ago Triumph decided to move all motorcycle production to a new factory in India. The Triumph factory near the city of Bangalore in India is expected to be fully operational by 2015, after which the Thai production facility will be shifting its concentration to spare parts.
Even if Triumph Thailand is manufacturing the Bonneville T100 in Thailand, it's still subjected to high import duties as Triumph Thailand uses Bonded Warehouse Manufacturing (manufacturing operations without payment of TAX or duty).
Triumph expects to make by 2015 around 300,000 to 500,000 motorcycles that is ten times its current global production."

"The price of Triumph motorcycles in Thailand is naked theft. Kawasaki, Honda Ducati, perhaps others all manufacture in Thailand and sell these machines at prices that do not include the high import duties. Triumph manufacture here but still charge duties that they do not pay. They pocket your money if you buy one"

"]Triumph don't have the same agreement with the BOI as the other foreign manufacturers you mention as their production facility is in the duty free zone, meaning bikes produced there are still classified as imports and are subject to the same taxes as bikes manufactured outside of Thailand. Also, I believe that Triumph no longer assemble complete machines in Thailand as they are relocating that part of their operation to India. The Thai government is pocketing your money, Triumph are not."

Maybe things changed since then or they had it wrong?

Don't know not a biker heard from friends would be silly if Thailand heavily taxes them and Force's them to close the factories.

MUMBAI: British premium motorcycle maker Triumph expects the partnership with Bajaj AutoBSE -1.65 % to more than double its global business and make India its largest market. The maker of Tiger off-road bikes, growing at a compounded annual growth rate of over 20% with sales of over 64,000 units at the end of 2016, expects mid-sized motorcycles planned for India and other emerging markets to bring in incremental sales of 1,00,000 bikes. 

The finer elements of the formal agreement wit .. 

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/61731924.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

15 hours ago, striderman said:

They DO have a factory here by Chonburi

1 hour ago, rmicheald said:

They DO have a factory here by Chonburi

Yes we know, but the way the import duty is dealt with for 'bonded' production varies as per links above.

The selling price of Triumphs is way higher in Thailand than in UK/US.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I was in there yesterday jizzing all over the Thruxton R and the sales staff tells me the opening party will be January 20. 

No doubt there will be some pretties on display along with the beautiful bikes. 

Back in the early 1970's I had a Triumph 500 scrambler that I dearly loved. It was a wonderful bike, and now being an old guy, having another one similar would probably allow something of a 'recaptured youth' feeling. If Triumph ever makes A2 rated models again (<500cc), I'd be really tempted. Fortunately for my budget, they seem to only be interested in the really big bike market. It's just as well, the driveway already has three motorcycles and two Scooters. I really don't need any more temptation as far as bikes go. 

They are pretty to look at though. Triumph has always made great eye candy.

Has the quality of those bikes gotten better over the years? I remember back in the 70's that they didn't have a very good reputation mechanically. Always great looking though.

Modern Triumph’s are fine mechanically.

1 minute ago, SteveX08 said:

Modern Triumph’s are fine mechanically.

I have a relative that has has 2 Street Triples and a Thruxton and they have been A1 mechanically, no electrical gremlins ..........

10 minutes ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Has the quality of those bikes gotten better over the years? I remember back in the 70's that they didn't have a very good reputation mechanically. Always great looking though.

Same name, essentially a totally different company. Original Triumph went belly up in the mid 70s, then in the 80s a property guy of the name John Bloor purchased the rights and started production again in Hinkley, Leicestershire. When they first started up finish and electrics were sometimes suspect but seem to have a good reputation now.

1 hour ago, ingo67 said:

Same name, essentially a totally different company. Original Triumph went belly up in the mid 70s, then in the 80s a property guy of the name John Bloor purchased the rights and started production again in Hinkley, Leicestershire. When they first started up finish and electrics were sometimes suspect but seem to have a good reputation now.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about them in years and now I guess I know why. 

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

If Triumph ever makes A2 rated models again (<500cc), I'd be really tempted. Fortunately for my budget, they seem to only be interested in the really big bike market..............................

Triumph is not just about nostalgia and eye candy ......................

Triumph have finally confirmed the intense rumours that have been coursing through the MotoGP paddock are true – they are the new engine supplier for Moto2, with the switch from Honda happening for the 2019 season. 

It’s an incredibly bold step back into world-class racing for the British manufacturer, elevating the Hinckley firm from low-level racing support of supersport teams on short circuits and in road racing, to a position firmly under the biggest spotlight in racing. 

Road-bred Triumph Moto2 race engine

The engine that will power the entire Moto2 grid for the three-year deal is derived from the new Street Triple RS 765cc road engine – and the changes are fewer than you might imagine. 

In road trim Triumph claim performance figures of 121bhp and 56.7ftlb, (while MCN’s dyno measured our test bike at 125.8bhp and 59ftlb, see p36). But for the Moto2 engine the firm has pushed those claimed figures out to 131bhp and 59ftlb by making a few key changes to the engine’s ability to breathe harder and burn more fuel – combined with fewer electronic restrictions. The inlet and exhaust valves are both bigger than stock, the valves are now titanium to reduce inertia, and they use stiffer springs to allow a higher (undisclosed) rev ceiling. And more revs means more peak power. 

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017/june/triumph-moto2-engine-supplier-2019/

On 12/6/2017 at 20:14, striderman said:

399,000BT. for the entry level Street Twin. Decent bike for town use, around 50HP.

Here is a good video of a technician squeezing allot more HP out of this engine with a custom profile CAM & DeCat.

Apparently the typical ECU, muffler, airbox mods don't do much. Triumph restricts this motor with a wimpy CAM so to keep a big power gap between the 900cc and their 1,200cc.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I went to the Triumph Pattaya  Grand Opening yesterday.

Canceled. "Maybe sometime next month, check Facebook" they say. 

Archived