Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

TRIUMPH Pattaya

jiz

On 12/28/2017 at 11:04, belzybob said:

Interesting article about Triumph and Thailand operations:

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/triumph-motorcycles-thailand-factory-visit

Thanks for posting this very interesting read. Coming from the area near Hinckley I remember when JS Bloor started up Triumph again. I always wonder if the small community of Thai ladies in and around Hinckley is a result of Thailand factories start up .

BTW there is a couple on show at La Bacco Restaurant with a few other brands and they are really nice and that’s coming from someone who isn’t really an enthusiast for bikes give me a car any day much safer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome. When I found the article I realised that I only knew less than half of the story, but already knew a lot more than some had posted!

On 12/6/2017 at 21:50, striderman said:

here u go..............................

5a27d92eb64e6_nov26048(Custom).JPG.83da32f21024930abc9c2a8fb361f71a.JPG

i can do a couple of pics but not the wipes

5a27d9619a7e8_nov26050(Custom).JPG.31a932a9fd5a694a81ff119007e7ef1b.JPG

5a27d990568be_nov26052(Custom).JPG.b2bba3a3bab3d466e4536af234683fd4.JPG

Now that's a Botor Mike !

I want one, and will have one for my retirement debut in LoS.

Thank you sir.

When I started riding bikes in the early 1970's Triumphs were the go. One thing they all had in common was branding. 

"MADE IN ENGLAND" was all over them. Stamped, embossed. stickered, hand painted. They were BRITISH BIKES!  I owned a number of them, 650's and 750's. 

Some of them were good bikes and some of them were not.

In 2007 I bought a new Triumph Scrambler. Where was it made? 

To this day I do not know. At this time Triumph had established manufacturing in Thailand.

Was my new Triumph "MADE IN THAILAND"? Radio Silence was maintained on that Question.

I have searched high and low on that bike and have not found a single "MADE IN............" anywhere.

After owning that bike for ten years I can tell you one thing. It's the best bike I have ever owned!

If my Triumph was "MADE IN THAILAND"  I would be happy to shout it from the rooftops.

Don't care if it's British or not. I will say it again, best bike I have ever had!

9 minutes ago, frederick786 said:

When I started riding bikes in the early 1970's Triumphs were the go. One thing they all had in common was branding. 

"MADE IN ENGLAND" was all over them. Stamped, embossed. stickered, hand painted. They were BRITISH BIKES!  I owned a number of them, 650's and 750's. 

Some of them were good bikes and some of them were not.

In 2007 I bought a new Triumph Scrambler. Where was it made? 

To this day I do not know. At this time Triumph had established manufacturing in Thailand.

Was my new Triumph "Made in Thailand"? Radio Silence was maintained on that Question.

I have searched high and low on that bike and have not found a single "MADE IN............" anywhere.

After owning that bike for ten years I can tell you one thing. It's the best bike I have ever owned!

If my Triumph was "Made in Thailand"  I would be happy to shout it from the rooftops.

Don't care if it's British or not. I will say it again, best bike I have ever had!

Trumpy mania......hang on that's political,  now I''ll be banned !

Just now, Captain Courageous said:

Trumpy mania......hang on that's political,  now I''ll be banned !

I certainly was a maniac. I cringe when I think of some of the stupid things I did on those bikes in the early days.

12 minutes ago, frederick786 said:

I certainly was a maniac. I cringe when I think of some of the stupid things I did on those bikes in the early days.

My mad forte was jumping across roundabouts late at night

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:47, Edge said:

Yes we know, but the way the import duty is dealt with for 'bonded' production varies as per links above.

The selling price of Triumphs is way higher in Thailand than in UK/US.

Visited the showroom with my wingman today. Has had many Triumphs in the past and currently owns a '98 Thunderbird Sport and is currently looking for a new model.An expert on Triumphs. Compare d prices in the showroom with current UK prices. Pretty much identical to UK prices.

Didn't have a full retinue of models, but had a good selection. No Tiger 1200's which, I think, would be ideal for touring in Thailand but several Bobbers which, I thought, were unsuitable for Thailand (or anywhere else ) and a real camel.

On 28/12/2017 at 02:15, Pattaya_Brian said:

Has the quality of those bikes gotten better over the years? I remember back in the 70's that they didn't have a very good reputation mechanically. Always great looking though.

Did Tribology with Dr Jack Schofield he told us why the British bike industry collapsed.

Had an idea to use Coca-Cola instead of Oil fot the engine.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/doctors-oil-remedy-was-the-real-thing-1034527

Here is my 2003 955 Sprint ST

It has been the most reliable comfortable fun bike I have owned. 

Yes this one was built in England.

582-2.JPG

I keep going back and looking at the Triumphs but haven't pulled the trigger. Do I really need a 1,200cc Cafe Racer in Pattaya?

That black SR400 in their Yamaha showroom is giving me the fizz though.

9 minutes ago, jiz said:

I keep going back and looking at the Triumphs but haven't pulled the trigger. Do I really need a 1,200cc Cafe Racer in Pattaya?

5a669486430ef_aug17036(Custom).JPG.63263864141af4037152e11371f750e6.JPG

5 hours ago, jiz said:

In a country with predominately a 90 kph speed limit, my answer has been no. Could I afford a 1000+cc monster? Sure. Can I justify the cost and weight? Not for me. My 500cc bike has been more than enough speed and power with not nearly the weight. Tested it on a three week cross Thailand jaunt a while back and didn't miss not having more cc's. It certainly went as fast as I wanted to go coming back along Highway 12. 555

Besides, how many cc's do you really need to idle along at 20 kph on Second Road? :-)

8 minutes ago, Garzan said:

In a country with predominately a 90 kph speed limit, my answer has been no. Could I afford a 1000+cc monster? Sure. Can I justify the cost and weight? Not for me. My 500cc bike has been more than enough speed and power with not nearly the weight. Tested it on a three week cross Thailand jaunt a while back and didn't miss not having more cc's. It certainly went as fast as I wanted to go coming back along Highway 12. 555

Besides, how many cc's do you really need to idle along at 20 kph on Second Road? :-)

Just followed a brand new Royal Enfield Cafe Racer down beach road. That 500cc thumper sounds pretty good and the bike looks the business. 

royal-enfield.jpg

34 minutes ago, jiz said:

Just followed a brand new Royal Enfield Cafe Racer down beach road. That 500cc thumper sounds pretty good and the bike looks the business. 

As I mentioned before, my first Triumph was a 500cc thumper, and was an awesome bike. The Royal Enfield looks pretty good too.

It's a very good thing for my budget that Triumph is uninterested in smaller displacement engines. 555  

2 hours ago, jiz said:

somebody say royal enfield? jan 30 th 2017 soi buakaow

5a6705e456bcf_jan30008(Custom).JPG.05180868c3a19f8a549387a54e9d1e51.JPG

5a6705f913449_jan30009(Custom).JPG.85fe5cf3c0a43815a4a7340caad6e1f6.JPG

5a67060e6f762_jan30011(Custom).JPG.faa557b9fd42e6cc2acdb6ecc1192182.JPG

I spotted the Triumph Outlet last month and plan to take a few pics in 3 weeks; I also spotted the Royal Enfield place too!

Looking forward to snapping some classic bikes. :Grin3:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 hours ago, jiz said:

Yep, I'd be wanting the SR400 too myself.

3 hours ago, Garzan said:

So you're not Russian then ?

7 minutes ago, Petesie said:

I spotted the Triumph Outlet last month and plan to take a few pics in 3 weeks; I also spotted the Royal Enfield place too!

Looking forward to snapping some classic bikes. :Grin3:

Let me know where the Triumph and Royal Enfield shops are in Pattaya please.

16 minutes ago, striderman said:

somebody say royal enfield? jan 30 th 2017 soi buakaow

5a6705e456bcf_jan30008(Custom).JPG.05180868c3a19f8a549387a54e9d1e51.JPG

5a6705f913449_jan30009(Custom).JPG.85fe5cf3c0a43815a4a7340caad6e1f6.JPG

5a67060e6f762_jan30011(Custom).JPG.faa557b9fd42e6cc2acdb6ecc1192182.JPG

Ahhh... Africa Corps Khaki ...my favorite color !

12 minutes ago, Captain Courageous said:

So you're not Russian then ?

Not Russian, way beyond 30, and always wear a helmet.

17 hours ago, Captain Courageous said:

Ahhh... Africa Corps Khaki ...my favorite color !

this one no good then? august 2017 buakaow.................

5a67dafdef58b_aug31003(Custom).JPG.9c93abcc9b60b97af89a202a426f9ffa.JPG

with bonus reflection................

5a67fa77b0d05_aug31004(Custom).JPG.a19d5ee71ad1af0309cb1b4da0b59e98.JPG

19 minutes ago, striderman said:

this one no good then? august 2017 buakaow.................

5a67dafdef58b_aug31003(Custom).JPG.9c93abcc9b60b97af89a202a426f9ffa.JPG

Indian copy of a Royal Enfield Bullet, aka a Royal Oilfield Bullet as it was known back in the sixties. Probably a bit more reliable than it was back in the day but still a heap of shit.

Archived