IGNORED

Price of Deodorant Spray

blue1878

On 09/11/2017 at 12:59, deano4598 said:

OP, I can see you are miffed at the arbitrary action of your "mate". So here is a suggestion.

Contact your airline and ask what an extra 2.5KG will cost above your 20KG. Then send that to your "mate" and ask him if he is happy to pay you for the excess IF it is charged when you check in.

If he says yes, pack away up to 22.5KG.

If he says NO, pack anyway ensuring the sprays are in a bag at the top and see if the check in bothers to note the extra 2.5KG and tries to charge you excess. If they do then just whip out the bag and drop under the 20KG and bin the sprays. If they let it pass without charge (and this may happen) punch the air and shout Whoo Whoo. Oh and up to you if you tell your "mate" you paid the excess and he needs to pay up.

I ask Emirates in June for extra 7 kgs so that was x4 flights £467 !!!  My flight was only £ 456 

it was cheaper for me to buy two seat !,

anyway contact travel trolly and changed airlines Qatar  got 30kgs and only cost me £30 

to change all details . Flights where good to 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/11/2017 at 10:10, blue1878 said:

We got to know each other through PA's and would meet up whenever we were in Pattaya at the same time.  Before he moved out to Thailand we only ever met up once in England and that was in Birmingham.  Which is half way between where I live and where he did live in England.

Since I last saw him in Pattaya which was last December we've only kept in touch by posting comments on stuff we have posted in Facebook

You know him through PA ???He might be pissed off reading this thread .. 55555

2 hours ago, jocky king said:

You know him through PA ???He might be pissed off reading this thread .. 55555

Yes we got to know each other a few years ago through PA.

I wonder if he's read this thread 55555

If he has it might get through to my friend that he should have asked first

Are you sure they weigh 2.4kg? Can't see 8 being more then 1 kg

On 11/6/2017 at 21:49, adammike said:

Why do you want to stop a perfectly normal bodily function? I wash so I don't need deodorant I certainly don't want to use anti-perspirent, the smell comes from bacteria wash enough and you shouldn't smell mmuch.are you sure you can't get anti-perspirents all the ones I look at advertise themselves as deodorants but in reality they are both, read the labels.

Haven,t used it in 30 years but some people stink so they probably need it.

On 11/8/2017 at 17:40, blue1878 said:

My friend sent me 8 Lynx Black 150 aerosols

Lat night I sent my friend a message saying that I cannot take them to Thailand with me but I'm happy to take the cig papers.

He replied "Its OK" and that he will ask somebody else in future.

I got the impression he wasnt happy

I must admit I wasnt happy with him because he didnt ask but part of the reason I didnt want to take them was because 

I only have a 20KG luggage allowence when I fly out to Thailand. 

When I book my flight next year I'll try and make sure I have a 30KG allowence with Emirates.  So I will be

OK to help him as long as he asks in advance 

download.png.b8119822f89e27446625a3f3b16201e7.png

We call that stuff "Bogan Spray"LOL. Can smell it 100 metres away.

I've switched form the spray on stuff to the roll on stuff just to save a bit of money . Aslo I've gone back to using soap Instead of shower gel, Cheap razors and no after balm. I look the same and I don't smell any different. Makes me thinks it's all a con in the first place. Mouth wash is the one I find expensive here, but I just wait for the 2 for 1 sales and grab about 10 bottles. You just have to look around you to realise you don't have to spend a lot of money on toiletries. Thai people are very hygienic and the working class people don't have a lot of money so if they manage (or at least the men do) we don't have to spend a fortune to.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

I've switched form the spray on stuff to the roll on stuff just to save a bit of money . Aslo I've gone back to using soap Instead of shower gel, Cheap razors and no after balm. I look the same and I don't smell any different. Makes me thinks it's all a con in the first place. Mouth wash is the one I find expensive here, but I just wait for the 2 for 1 sales and grab about 10 bottles. You just have to look around you to realise you don't have to spend a lot of money on toiletries. Thai people are very hygienic and the working class people don't have a lot of money so if they manage (or at least the men do) we don't have to spend a fortune to.

I think soap is better for your skin, as shower gel is a mild detergent. 

You say no after balm. I assume its some kind of moisturiser. I moisturise my face 3 or 4 times a day lol. I think its really important for keeping nice skin.

I think soap is better for your skin, as shower gel is a mild detergent. 
You say no after balm. I assume its some kind of moisturiser. I moisturise my face 3 or 4 times a day lol. I think its really important for keeping nice skin.
I used 2 but I couldn't see any difference. So its something else I knocked on the head to save a bit of money. But I was thinking of going back to it as a experiment, I am getting a bit older lol. What one do you use and how much is it and how long dose it last?

I used 2 but I couldn't see any difference. So its something else I knocked on the head to save a bit of money. But I was thinking of going back to it as a experiment, I am getting a bit older lol. What one do you use and how much is it and how long dose it last?

My money saving thing I've been doing for years is using cheap double blade razors (circ £1 for 10 in UK), use in the shower with a small mirror. They will last 3-4 weeks each. No need for the Gillete multi blade over engineered things

My money saving thing I've been doing for years is using cheap double blade razors (circ £1 for 10 in UK), use in the shower with a small mirror. They will last 3-4 weeks each. No need for the Gillete multi blade over engineered things
I will give it a go, I've never used that cheap before.

I will give it a go, I've never used that cheap before.

I have thick stubble and always works for me, a hot shower with steam helps a lot. I got a couple of little mirrors (2 inch by 2 inch) from Soi Buakhao market for 10 baht each

17 hours ago, juice777 said:

At 500 ml, i hope it lasts at least a month. But i use it a lot lol.

IMG_0702.PNG

Was at  Shopping today , saw the deodorant shelves , Nivea 250ml was €4.70 reduced to €2.25 Bought four of em for €9 and throw them in the baggage for my trip in three weeks time ... ;) ... Happy days . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 10:23, whitespider said:

Deodorants just don't cut it - basically they attempt to cover up the smell but don't stop it in the first place.

I use aerosol deodorant here in the UK with no issues.  Will I need to switch to anti-perspirant in Pattaya?

I use aerosol deodorant here in the UK with no issues.  Will I need to switch to anti-perspirant in Pattaya?
If you smell then yes

Archived