IGNORED

Price of Deodorant Spray

blue1878

well priced at under 100 baht @ BigC or TescoLotus.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, soi16 said:

Hi soi16 when I asked my friend why he just doesnt buy them in Thailand.  He actually lives in Korat. He said the stuff he likes costs him £4 in Thailand.  Looking at your attachment some deodorants cost 159 Baht which at current exchange rates is just under £4.  Why he needs to buy expensive I don't know. In Thailand I've been to the local 7/11 by my hotel and I've been more than happy with the cheaper stuff.

What really annoys me is he didnt ask me in advance.  Maybe he knew I would say NO so maybe he thought that if he just ordered them and got them sent to my house I would decide to take them.

At the moment I'm planning on not taking them because I am restricted on weight

Hum... Anti-perspirant "may" be a little more expensive here than in EU, but there are nearly no-stop promotions of a product or another in places like BigC and Tesco, so very easy to find them for 120-150 baht at max, not the 240++ frequent price.

Below an example taken right now from the BigC Online website : 130 baht/bottle

nivea_anti-perspirant.jpg

The thought of being used as a pack mule to carry things for someone who has not got the courtesy to ask before hand would be enough for me. Been asked for many things over the years,even Brussell  sprouts one time FFS. If i have room then sure not a problem, but have to be Asked first.

Sorry no idea on prices now,my trips are rarely over three weeks now so just grap whati need out of 7/11.

Not sure how me being on my natural hippy high horse will be taken...but here goes...

Years ago I googled every ingredient in conventional deodorant (spray, roll on and stick), and followed each with a comma, then 'cosmetic safety'  It did not take long for me to change directions.  For years now I have been making my own natural soap and deodorant based on coconut oil (also beeswax, baking soda, cocoa butter..many variations).  A mini 2 oz tupperware is all I need on a 1 month vacation.  Ok, I admit, bringing soap is different, so I treat myself to a bottle of trashy LUX for my stay.   Anyway, sorry, cannot help with the OP, wish you well.  

3 hours ago, George810 said:

Not sure how me being on my natural hippy high horse will be taken...but here goes...

Years ago I googled every ingredient in conventional deodorant (spray, roll on and stick), and followed each with a comma, then 'cosmetic safety'  It did not take long for me to change directions.  For years now I have been making my own natural soap and deodorant based on coconut oil (also beeswax, baking soda, cocoa butter..many variations).  A mini 2 oz tupperware is all I need on a 1 month vacation.  Ok, I admit, bringing soap is different, so I treat myself to a bottle of trashy LUX for my stay.   Anyway, sorry, cannot help with the OP, wish you well.  

Google anti-perspirant and let me see you make that :WinkGrin1:

13 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Aluminum....no thanks, but feel free to continue blocking your pores. 

Even if had to use conventional, it would be deodorant only.

Yet another angle is that between ST, LT, pre boom boom, post boom boom, workout, beach, pre-bedtime we take so many showers a day, how much and strong a deodorant is really needed?  There are times when I do take 5-6 a day. 

Anyway, let's let the thread continue on path for these guys looking for their preferred products. 

19 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Hum... Anti-perspirant "may" be a little more expensive here than in EU, but there are nearly no-stop promotions of a product or another in places like BigC and Tesco, so very easy to find them for 120-150 baht at max, not the 240++ frequent price.

Below an example taken right now from the BigC Online website : 130 baht/bottle

nivea_anti-perspirant.jpg

i used to get that but yep, expensive.   when lotus has a two up sale the price is almost the same as buying two.  good stuff

14 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

yep, deodorant is only perfume, if you want to stop the perspiration you got to have ANTI-perspirant

My friend sent me 8 Lynx Black 150 aerosols

Lat night I sent my friend a message saying that I cannot take them to Thailand with me but I'm happy to take the cig papers.

He replied "Its OK" and that he will ask somebody else in future.

I got the impression he wasnt happy

I must admit I wasnt happy with him because he didnt ask but part of the reason I didnt want to take them was because 

I only have a 20KG luggage allowence when I fly out to Thailand. 

When I book my flight next year I'll try and make sure I have a 30KG allowence with Emirates.  So I will be

OK to help him as long as he asks in advance 

download.png.b8119822f89e27446625a3f3b16201e7.png

LOL. Lynx Black ! We call Lynx 'Bogan Spray " over here. And people want to pre-order it ! Good one 555

On 07/11/2017 at 07:19, blue1878 said:

Hi soi16 when I asked my friend why he just doesnt buy them in Thailand.  He actually lives in Korat. He said the stuff he likes costs him £4 in Thailand.  Looking at your attachment some deodorants cost 159 Baht which at current exchange rates is just under £4.  Why he needs to buy expensive I don't know. In Thailand I've been to the local 7/11 by my hotel and I've been more than happy with the cheaper stuff.

What really annoys me is he didnt ask me in advance.  Maybe he knew I would say NO so maybe he thought that if he just ordered them and got them sent to my house I would decide to take them.

At the moment I'm planning on not taking them because I am restricted on weight

Why does he need so much? OK in Bangkok/pattaya when you are in bars and gogo's every night and don't want to repell your wife de jour,but in korat! 

17 minutes ago, adammike said:

Why does he need so much? OK in Bangkok/pattaya when you are in bars and gogo's every night and don't want to repell your wife de jour,but in korat! 

I think its because he lives in Thailand he wants so much.  Eight will last a long time.

The bottom line is he must be very fussy about what he sprays on himself

In Pattaya I have bought stuff in the local 7/11 and I have been happy with what I bought

Maybe I don't understand him because I am a 1 month millionaire :D

Maybe I have to be an expat to understand :wacko:

One thing that annoyed me is that he didnt have the manners to ask me in advance.  He just took it for granted that I would take them across for him. He got sent to me Lynx Black 150ml deodorant and I have just checked online and it is expensive.
Also my concern is my weight allowence. One thing I didnt mention earlier is that I have been visiting Pattaya at Christmas since 2005 and I am friends with a bar owner that on Christmas Day does Christmas Dinners.  So I normally take a couple of Christmas puds and some mince pies for him.  And I have known the bar owner since the first time I visited Pattaya in 1992.  So I am already using some of my allowence to help my bar owner friend
Yes just say you don't have room sorry.

Deodorant is relatively expensive though, I bring from UK plus the choice in Thailand poor. To be fair it's probably not required anyway, we sweat all over and have many showers. Tell him to shower more and stop using it.

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes just say you don't have room sorry.

Deodorant is relatively expensive though, I bring from UK plus the choice in Thailand poor. To be fair it's probably not required anyway, we sweat all over and have many showers. Tell him to shower more and stop using it.

I always take my own deodorant when I take my holiday to Pattaya.  I'll only buy one whilst in Pattaya if I run out.  And I always notice that it doesnt take me to long to sweat even at night.  It's just a shame he didnt ask me in advance.

I'm still taking is cig papers with me so its going to be interesting what happens when we meet up.  We are Facebook friends and I normally post a lot of stuff on my FB page and he normally comments on what I post.  Lately he's been quiet.

OP, I can see you are miffed at the arbitrary action of your "mate". So here is a suggestion.

Contact your airline and ask what an extra 2.5KG will cost above your 20KG. Then send that to your "mate" and ask him if he is happy to pay you for the excess IF it is charged when you check in.

If he says yes, pack away up to 22.5KG.

If he says NO, pack anyway ensuring the sprays are in a bag at the top and see if the check in bothers to note the extra 2.5KG and tries to charge you excess. If they do then just whip out the bag and drop under the 20KG and bin the sprays. If they let it pass without charge (and this may happen) punch the air and shout Whoo Whoo. Oh and up to you if you tell your "mate" you paid the excess and he needs to pay up.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I use the Nivea roll on 48 hours protection anti persperant from 7/11 (silver protect) think they are about 65 baht perfectly good. Acid test is always our 28 hour trip home its no smell whatsoever

Most packaged things here cost two or three times what they would in Europe or the US. It's been the same for decades. Nothing new.

And the choice of items here is tiny compared to the west.

I'm coming round to the idea that anti-perspirant isn't required in Thailand. You sweat everywhere so pointless just doing the armpit

On 07/11/2017 at 08:05, misteregg said:

It was imploite of him to order them without your permission. If I was you I would use a little out off all the cans till your trip and arrive freshly deodorized to deliver his package.

emoji4.png

Hi misteregg yes I think it was impolite for him not to ask.

For my outward Journey I am restricted to 20KG in my suitcase and his deodorant alone is 2.4kg.  And they have to go in my suitcase.  So the deodorant would have taken over 10% of my allowence.  His ciggie papers can go in my hand luggage.  Also I had already promised Bob at Palmers who I have known for 25 years that I would take over stuff for him for xmas day.

Anyway I cant thow is deodorant away so I'll have to use it and smell nice for the next few months

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm coming round to the idea that anti-perspirant isn't required in Thailand. You sweat everywhere so pointless just doing the armpit

Some sweat  more than others,you often see guys waking round with towels around their necks,some of theses guys arn`t necessarily overweight either!

Archived