Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Price of Deodorant Spray

blue1878

This might seem like a daft question but how much is deodorant spray in Thailand??

If memory serves me correctly it's only cheap.

The reason why I ask is because a friend of mine (from London) is now living in Korat,Thailand and he knows that I will soon be in Pattaya went online and ordered some ciggie papers and 

8 deodorant sprays and he gave my address.  He didnt ask me in advance which is wrong and also on my part very annoying.  

I said to him why has he ordered deodorant sprays and he said that in Thailand its expensive.  He reckons in Thailand one deodorant container(small) costs the equivalint 

of £4.  I cannot believe that deodorant is expensive in Thailand.  Whenever I have bought deodorant in Thailand I'm sure it was cheap.

So I am interested to know if I am right and it is cheap in Thailand.

At the moment I am very annoyed that my friend didnt ask

This year I got a cheap flight with emirates to Thailand.  And my outward flights were very cheap and because of the price I paid I can only take 20KG in weight in my suitcase.  My friends deodorant alone weight 2.4KG.  When I mentioned the weight issue with my friend he said(1) take less clothes with me to Thailand and just use the laundry more often(2) Put extra stuff in my luggage :Hair_Out1:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is correct if you are talking about well known brand names.

You can buy (small) Nivea or Dove deodorant for about 150 but something like the large Gillette or Sure (anti P / deodorants) will set you back 220+

My GUESS is he wants the Anti Perspirant / Deodorants - most here are deodorant ONLY and yes they are expensive. As I say the Gillette is going to set you back 5 quid here not 4.

Roll-Ons on the other hand are dirt cheap (35-60 Baht) and seem to work just as well. Gone are the old days when a roll-on left you with sticky pits.

All that said I would not use up weight allowance for things you can easily buy here, regardless of price. Except cheese of course , you can bring me cheese if you like :)

EDIT - Many of the guys I know here DO ask UK friends to bring these in - your friend is far from being alone.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Agree with Whitespider bring all deodrants from the UK (Sure, Lynx, Gillette shaving gel and razor blades) as much more expensive in LOS.

I also fill my case with Cheese and Champagne along with chocolate as i have 30Kg luggage allowance and my Thai suitcase for clothes remains in LOS full time.

10 minutes ago, whitespider said:

He is correct if you are talking about well known brand names.

You can buy (small) Nivea or Dove deodorant for about 150 but something like the large Gillette or Sure (anti P / deodorants) will set you back 220+

My GUESS is he wants the Anti Perspirant / Deodorants - most here are deodorant ONLY and yes they are expensive. As I say the Gillette is going to set you back 5 quid here not 4.

Roll-Ons on the other hand are dirt cheap (35-60 Baht) and seem to work just as well. Gone are the old days when a roll-on left you with sticky pits.

All that said I would not use up weight allowance for things you can easily buy here, regardless of price. Except cheese of course , you can bring me cheese if you like :)

EDIT - Many of the guys I know here DO ask UK friends to bring these in - your friend is far from being alone.

One thing that annoyed me is that he didnt have the manners to ask me in advance.  He just took it for granted that I would take them across for him. He got sent to me Lynx Black 150ml deodorant and I have just checked online and it is expensive.

Also my concern is my weight allowence. One thing I didnt mention earlier is that I have been visiting Pattaya at Christmas since 2005 and I am friends with a bar owner that on Christmas Day does Christmas Dinners.  So I normally take a couple of Christmas puds and some mince pies for him.  And I have known the bar owner since the first time I visited Pattaya in 1992.  So I am already using some of my allowence to help my bar owner friend

The ones you get at 7-11 always seem half empty ...    they never last long.    I'm taking Xmas puds this year too!!!!!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

39 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

One thing that annoyed me is that he didnt have the manners to ask me in advance.  He just took it for granted that I would take them across for him. He got sent to me Lynx Black 150ml deodorant and I have just checked online and it is expensive.

Also my concern is my weight allowence. One thing I didnt mention earlier is that I have been visiting Pattaya at Christmas since 2005 and I am friends with a bar owner that on Christmas Day does Christmas Dinners.  So I normally take a couple of Christmas puds and some mince pies for him.  And I have known the bar owner since the first time I visited Pattaya in 1992.  So I am already using some of my allowence to help my bar owner friend

I hear you mate I was not defending him just answering your question factually.

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

This might seem like a daft question but how much is deodorant spray in Thailand??

If memory serves me correctly it's only cheap.

The reason why I ask is because a friend of mine (from London) is now living in Korat,Thailand and he knows that I will soon be in Pattaya went online and ordered some ciggie papers and 

8 deodorant sprays and he gave my address.  He didnt ask me in advance which is wrong and also on my part very annoying.  

I said to him why has he ordered deodorant sprays and he said that in Thailand its expensive.  He reckons in Thailand one deodorant container(small) costs the equivalint 

of £4.  I cannot believe that deodorant is expensive in Thailand.  Whenever I have bought deodorant in Thailand I'm sure it was cheap.

So I am interested to know if I am right and it is cheap in Thailand.

At the moment I am very annoyed that my friend didnt ask

This year I got a cheap flight with emirates to Thailand.  And my outward flights were very cheap and because of the price I paid I can only take 20KG in weight in my suitcase.  My friends deodorant alone weight 2.4KG.  When I mentioned the weight issue with my friend he said(1) take less clothes with me to Thailand and just use the laundry more often(2) Put extra stuff in my luggage :Hair_Out1:

Lol, if my friend did that to me I'd accidentally forget to pack them.

Just now, Harry Brown said:

At the moment I am thinking of telling him I'll take the ciggie papers but not the deodorant

Just now, blue1878 said:

At the moment I am thinking of telling him I'll take the ciggie papers but not the deodorant

Depends how close a friend he is though I guess.

Just now, adammike said:

The Crystal sticks in a 7/11 cost very little and last forever.and are perfume free.

I don't know why he is being so fussy about deodorant.  If I've had to buy deodorant whilst I've been in Thailand I've always been happy with what I've bought plus the price has been OK

Just now, Harry Brown said:

Depends how close a friend he is though I guess.

We got to know each other through PA's and would meet up whenever we were in Pattaya at the same time.  Before he moved out to Thailand we only ever met up once in England and that was in Birmingham.  Which is half way between where I live and where he did live in England.

Since I last saw him in Pattaya which was last December we've only kept in touch by posting comments on stuff we have posted in Facebook

13 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I don't know why he is being so fussy about deodorant.  If I've had to buy deodorant whilst I've been in Thailand I've always been happy with what I've bought plus the price has been OK

I can probably answer that bro as most of us here have the same problem.

Deodorants are ten a penny here

Anti-Perspirant deodorants are not - i have to go to Boots to get the one I want (Gillette) and they are 250 a pop.

Deodorants just don't cut it - basically they attempt to cover up the smell but don't stop it in the first place.

As there’s a thread... 

I recently switched to solid deodorant sticks. I always bring enough with me each trip so haven’t looked for them in Pattaya. Are they readily available and how expensive? Either something like Right Guard at the bottom end or CK One at the top end.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

27 minutes ago, whitespider said:

I can probably answer that bro as most of us here have the same problem.

Deodorants are ten a penny here

Anti-Perspirant deodorants are not - i have to go to Boots to get the one I want (Gillette) and they are 250 a pop.

Deodorants just don't cut it - basically they attempt to cover up the smell but don't stop it in the first place.

Why do you want to stop a perfectly normal bodily function? I wash so I don't need deodorant I certainly don't want to use anti-perspirent, the smell comes from bacteria wash enough and you shouldn't smell mmuch.are you sure you can't get anti-perspirents all the ones I look at advertise themselves as deodorants but in reality they are both, read the labels.

54 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Firstly he should of asked , just take him the papers ....20kgs is not much anyway 

that’s what I would do 

people ask me to bring tobacco home , so I ask for money 

upfront because I was stopped yrs ago and had baccy taken off me , not a lot but still lost out 

guess what they don’t want to pay upfront !

Venting is good, gets it out of your system.

The bit that would annoy me, was the not asking first.

Now it is 'up to you', if you take them with you or leave them.

2.4kg! ....oh hell no. What a cheeky bugger.

sprays aren't strong enough anyway to stop sweating in thailand. You need solid antiperspirants, prolly can't even buy them in thailand.

I would use a cheap roll on deodrant and slap a load of talc on top.

And tell him they got confiscated at Customs !

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

And tell him they got confiscated at Customs !

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

That could be the better option, One time I fucked up and put my deodorant in my carry on and it did get confiscated.

I used to get the Niva spray, expensive and not much in the bottle.  I switched to the roll on, lasts a long time, works as well, and it way cheaper

61unlE5sRzL._SY550_.jpg

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Archived