IGNORED

Any advice on renting a condo for 2 months this December

Mr Wombat

Tbh airbnb should be a last resort if you haven't planned ahead enough. Current trip, find a place for next trip

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed rental for the holidays a couple of days ago they still have condos in the base for december to january in the 20k range

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

24 minutes ago, ryanh said:

I emailed rental for the holidays a couple of days ago they still have condos in the base for december to january in the 20k range

Many condos at The Base thru RFTH do not have in-room wi-fi or cable TV, but there is free wi-fi access in the lobby and pool areas and many people use it.  I like in-room wi-fi and AIS provides fibre cable TV and wi-fi at The Base but the condo owner must sign a 1-yr contract.  The room I inquired about did not have in-room AIS wi-fi and only standard cable TV, but RFTH said they have portable wi-fi for rent which I was skeptical of how good it was so I passed.

I asked about that, they said owner will provide for 700 baht/mo

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

Many condos at The Base thru RFTH do not have in-room wi-fi or cable TV, but there is free wi-fi access in the lobby and pool areas and many people use it.  I like in-room wi-fi and AIS provides fibre cable TV and wi-fi at The Base but the condo owner must sign a 1-yr contract.  The room I inquired about did not have in-room AIS wi-fi and only standard cable TV, but RFTH said they have portable wi-fi for rent which I was skeptical of how good it was so I passed.

I've noticed this a lot in condos for rent, the owner is being tight not to get wifi and so he loses customers. Wifi in a loby is rubbish. I had that in a hotel once, was crap, eaten alive at night by mosquitos and couldn't plug in a TV box in my room or surf

The base seems to have heaps of units for rent over that period. 

12 Pints in Know it all

On 10/7/2017 at 09:07, Mr Wombat said:

if you want to live in a 29sqm box.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 10/6/2017 at 18:07, Mr Wombat said:

8 hours ago, talung66 said:

if you want to live in a 29sqm box.

The Base has 2 sizes of 1 bdrm units, 29 and 35 sqm.  The 35 sqm has the full deck from extending from the kitchen to the bedroom, whereas the deck for the 29 sqm is only outside the kitchen.  The 35 sqm is better and gives you a tad more kitchen counter space and use of the deck if there is a table and chair.

Just now, joeaf said:

The Base has 2 sizes of 1 bdrm units, 29 and 35 sqm.  The 35 sqm has the full deck from extending from the kitchen to the bedroom, whereas the deck for the 29 sqm is only outside the kitchen.  The 35 sqm is better and gives you a tad more kitchen counter space and use of the deck if there is a table and chair.

Yes you are right. in my haste i was mainly trying to convey the size of them bieng one bedrooms. 

Those sizes should be studios i am in a 35 sqm studio myself. and the open space makes it feel bigger than it is. Only seen pics of the base. Was in VT6 studio at 48 sqm .last year and it doesn't feel that much smaller( less furniture helps)i am a less is more guy. 

Last year, I stayed in the 29 sqm 1 bdrm unit at The Base for 1 month and it was ok for a ST stay, but I would have preferred the 35 sqm unit.  This year, I am staying in a 35 sqm studio at Centara Avenue for 1 month.

Indeed, still many units in the 20k range available at The Base but only few 35 sqm units with Wi-Fi, which are usually in the 25-30k range. And if you want to stay in building A (with sea view and rooftop pool), there aren't that many options. Just booked a 35 sqm unit in building A for 1 month in Jan/Feb 2018. Cost around 30k. Not cheap but I hope the view is worth it. Centara Avenue was also on my list. Perhaps next time.

Indeed, still many units in the 20k range available at The Base but only few 35 sqm units with Wi-Fi, which are usually in the 25-30k range. And if you want to stay in building A (with sea view and rooftop pool), there aren't that many options. Just booked a 35 sqm unit in building A for 1 month in Jan/Feb 2018. Cost around 30k. Not cheap but I hope the view is worth it. Centara Avenue was also on my list. Perhaps next time.
A friend of mine is staying in A 35sqm sea view for 22k, he has signed a long term deal though

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, PeterWiener said:

A friend of mine is staying in A 35sqm sea view for 22k, he has signed a long term deal though

Pretty good deal. I didn't put in much time or effort and just booked with RFTH. Negotiating with the owner can probably get you a much better deal, especially if you're staying for a longer period of time.

Just walked past City garden this is there price list my go up for your months depending on owner.

IMG_0372[1].JPG

3 hours ago, talung66 said:

Just walked past City garden this is there price list my go up for your months depending on owner.

IMG_0372[1].JPG

Thanks for the price list. Coastal realty have some direct with the owners in city garden for around 20k a month 46m2. I would actually prefer centara - where you are - but I cant find anyone renting from there except on airbnb

12 Pints in Know it all

yes.

I doubt you'll get direct from the owner for 20k a month short term as you can see in the price list it starts at 32k for the same size even though  commision is bigger than estate agents in that office .The ones you  see at costal  will be for 1 year or 6 months contracts.

And just the other day i was in the juristic office and someone walked for a rental and he was told sales only .So they won't be of any help. As i first posted thought that would be same for the Avenue but reading seems to say that one may help.I can ask for you in the facebook(closed group)  if you think that will help.will need dates you can pm me those.

Did you look on baht and sold and other estate agents. link is a agent Gecko properties they may have others.http://www.bahtsold.com/view/condo-central-pattaya-for-rent-309673?co=Thailand-1&full_search[6]=&s=&ca=18&c1=NULL&c2=NULL&c3=NULL&c=1006&ar2=11&ar3=1075&beds_from=NULL&beds_to=NULL&baths=NULL&pools=NULL&ty=NULL&land_size_from=NULL&land_size_to=NULL&ty=NULL&ty=NULL&pr_from=10000&pr_to=30000

Airbnb is the only way of securing a place sight unseen this far out if you're really keen ask them for a bigger monthly discount everything is negotiable even on airbnb( i did a cash deal on the side).Owners will prefer to wait for a long term rental or wait close to the move in day for short term.basic maths for them 6 month at 15k v 2 month at low 20k for a studio and having it empty till you arrive ..

6 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

Thanks for the price list. Coastal realty have some direct with the owners in city garden for around 20k a month 46m2. I would actually prefer centara - where you are - but I cant find anyone renting from there except on airbnb 

there are some phone numbers on windows in the complex if you want them but most are unfurnished.and one has a sign my pattaya condo so that might be of help.

Not true. Many of the condos I looked at on the site had wifi and cable... even the cheap 18k condos. It is always extra though... (it says so in the terms also).

6 hours ago, hioctane said:
On 10/5/2017 at 08:16, joeaf said:

Not true. Many of the condos I looked at on the site had wifi and cable... even the cheap 18k condos. It is always extra though... (it says so in the terms also).

You are mixing up the in-room wifi.  I am referring to is the AIS fibre wifi, not the RFTH portable WIFI.  Per RFTH email response below, they can add their portable WIFI to a room but it probably just extends their shared lobby and pool WIFI to your room.  Also, RFTH rooms may have only standard cable TV, which does not say anything about the number of English TV channels, if any.  What you get for in-room wifi and cable TV, may be different from your expectations, so I passed.

Email questions to RFTH and their response

2     Does this unit have in-room AIS fiber wireless internet? a. How much extra for in-room AIS wireless internet? This room not have AIS fiber wireless internet. However we have portable WIFI for rent, please see detail in attached file.

3     Does this unit have in-room cable TV? a. How much extra for in-room cable TV? b. Who is the cable provider? This room have only standard cable TV

On 10/8/2017 at 17:59, PeterWiener said:

Indeed, still many units in the 20k range available at The Base but only few 35 sqm units with Wi-Fi, which are usually in the 25-30k range. ...

6 hours ago, joeaf said:

You are mixing up the in-room wifi.  I am referring to is the AIS fibre wifi, not the RFTH portable WIFI.  Per RFTH email response below, they can add their portable WIFI to a room but it probably just extends their shared lobby and pool WIFI to your room.  Also, RFTH rooms may have only standard cable TV, which does not say anything about the number of English TV channels, if any.  What you get for in-room wifi and cable TV, may be different from your expectations, so I passed.

Email questions to RFTH and their response

2     Does this unit have in-room AIS fiber wireless internet? a. How much extra for in-room AIS wireless internet? This room not have AIS fiber wireless internet. However we have portable WIFI for rent, please see detail in attached file.

3     Does this unit have in-room cable TV? a. How much extra for in-room cable TV? b. Who is the cable provider? This room have only standard cable TV

Yes, I know what in room wifi is. I just stayed at the Base for a month. It is weird though.. I am looking for a condo for December too.. As the condos get more expensive, there is less of a mention of internet under amenities. The cheap condos seem to all have wifi though. As for cable TV, I rarely watch TV while in Thailand. I don't think many places are going to have English language channels. I always bring a TV box and stream what I want to watch.

BTW, as a FYI. If you stay at building B, it can get really noisy some days. They are building a new condo next door and the jackhammer goes on starting around 10 many days! I don't know if it will be any different in building A.

If anyone knows any other condos in the 20k range (in Central Pattaya area) with online listings like the Base, please let me know. I am open to suggestions.

2 hours ago, hioctane said:

Yes, I know what in room wifi is. I just stayed at the Base for a month. It is weird though.. I am looking for a condo for December too.. As the condos get more expensive, there is less of a mention of internet under amenities. The cheap condos seem to all have wifi though. As for cable TV, I rarely watch TV while in Thailand. I don't think many places are going to have English language channels. I always bring a TV box and stream what I want to watch.

BTW, as a FYI. If you stay at building B, it can get really noisy some days. They are building a new condo next door and the jackhammer goes on starting around 10 many days! I don't know if it will be any different in building A.

If anyone knows any other condos in the 20k range (in Central Pattaya area) with online listings like the Base, please let me know. I am open to suggestions.

You might be able to negotiate a short term at VT6 for low 20k low season..Online you will fine some for 25k.low season. here is one monthly at 22k at centara https://www.mypattayacondo.com/condo/centara-avenue-residence-suites/centara-avenue-residence-suites-rent-cars12r/ the base is going for 18k but only had a quick look for 3 months.so 20k month should be doable it may be a low floor.

IMO The Avenue and center condo  starts at 12k to 13k then centara at 14k.to 15k  the urban and city garden and pride are more.you can get under 10k . but i think you mean not further than soi buakow the base 15k max. one year rental prices.maybe 6 months. 

A bit harder to find  short term prices online besides airbnb.

23 hours ago, talung66 said:

You might be able to negotiate a short term at VT6 for low 20k low season..Online you will fine some for 25k.low season. here is one monthly at 22k at centara https://www.mypattayacondo.com/condo/centara-avenue-residence-suites/centara-avenue-residence-suites-rent-cars12r/ the base is going for 18k but only had a quick look for 3 months.so 20k month should be doable it may be a low floor.

IMO The Avenue and center condo  starts at 12k to 13k then centara at 14k.to 15k  the urban and city garden and pride are more.you can get under 10k . but i think you mean not further than soi buakow the base 15k max. one year rental prices.maybe 6 months. 

A bit harder to find  short term prices online besides airbnb.

I am looking for December like the OP, but thanks I will keep the options in mind when I go during low season.  I am also only looking for 1 month rental... not long term. It seems like RFTH is the only option for online listings (besides AirBNB which seems to be overpriced). I still see many options in the 18k range at the Base on RFTH (29 sq meters is fine for me). The 35s seem to mostly start from 25k and up. After you add in utilities, it gets a bit pricey.  

1 minute ago, hioctane said:

I am looking for December like the OP, but thanks I will keep the options in mind when I go during low season.  I am also only looking for 1 month rental... not long term. It seems like RFTH is the only option for online listings (besides AirBNB which seems to be overpriced). I still see many options in the 18k range at the Base on RFTH (29 sq meters is fine for me). The 35s seem to mostly start from 25k and up. After you add in utilities, it gets a bit pricey.  

RFTH ??? are you sure the base is for a single month in december.

4 minutes ago, talung66 said:

RFTH ??? are you sure the base is for a single month in december.

There are many monthly rentals at the Base, but that is the minimum (no daily).

Archived