IGNORED

Any advice on renting a condo for 2 months this December

Mr Wombat

5 hours ago, hioctane said:

There are many monthly rentals at the Base, but that is the minimum (no daily).

Yes I know that my ?? was relating to it bieng 18k for one single month's rental in december.if it's too good to be true it's most probably not i could be wrong.

Personally i only just heard about RFTH through you and am now looking just out of my own curiosity.and know they advertise that rate and as low as 13k now looking.But find if you actually look at a room  it's booked.for december at low rates. And looking at fine print There is a 3% to 10% service fee and a processing fee and i think the utilities will be charged over government rates.if you do go with it like to know the outcome.even it you only ask that onething in thailand thats free.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I know that my ?? was relating to it bieng 18k for one single month's rental in december.if it's too good to be true it's most probably not i could be wrong.
Personally i only just heard about RFTH through you and am now looking just out of my own curiosity.and know they advertise that rate and as low as 13k now looking.But find if you actually look at a room  it's booked.for december at low rates. And looking at fine print There is a 3% to 10% service fee and a processing fee and i think the utilities will be charged over government rates.if you do go with it like to know the outcome.even it you only ask that onething in thailand thats free.

I rented through them in September. There is 1k processing fee. Utilities are additional. Water 40/unit, electricity 7/unit. I don't know what the govt rates are. I ended up paying about 300 baht for water, 2k for electricity (I mostly turn on the AC at night to sleep), and 650 baht for internet. So all in, I paid around 22k for the 18k apartment.

2 hours ago, hioctane said:

I rented through them in September. There is 1k processing fee. Utilities are additional. Water 40/unit, electricity 7/unit. I don't know what the govt rates are. I ended up paying about 300 baht for water, 2k for electricity (I mostly turn on the AC at night to sleep), and 650 baht for internet. So all in, I paid around 22k for the 18k apartment.

Good luck in getting the same deal over december & jan.

FYI water is a fair price for the condo ( another story on government rate for that bill there is a explanation in this topic).. Electricity is fair as well as your not going throught the owner direct so they add their bit.government rate is around 4 baht.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

10 minutes ago, talung66 said:

FYI water is a fair price for the condo ( another story on government rate for that bill there is a explanation in this topic).. Electricity is fair as well as your not going throught the owner direct so they add their bit.government rate is around 4 baht.

I agree with this post and would only add that at 4b a unit your monthly bill for AC used at night would be around the 1,000tb mark so 2k for the month is about right at 7b per unit not a big thing its 33b a day more than the standard rate.

Some are charging 10b per unit.

For the record I only charge government and condo rates.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I looked into this too at some length before my last visit. Result - it's a minefield of conflicting information. I gave up in the end but once in Patts and actually I sort of realised this on previous visits - I saw quite a few condos being advertised around the town while I was there. 

My suggestion is two-fold:          1. Get a short term hotel (2-3 days) and go out looking for a condo. Build this time into your holiday - take it out of your holiday and expect to do it. You won't regret it because you'll reap the rewards. Don't take any notice if, from home, you just get the fully booked stuff. They're not all, even at peak times, and there are always those who last minute cancel. 

2. Get to know an ex-pat. They'll know where to stay. I've met a few and could hardly believe how little some of them were paying for the rent on their condos. I know it's cheaper the longer the lease but still, it wasn't that much cheaper.

Last time I was there in high season, there were literally loads of empty condos not far rom the centre;  Bukkhao/3rd Road/Nirun sorts of distances. Supply has out-stripped demand since the crash of 2008.

7 hours ago, talung66 said:

The prices on the site are accurate.. You plug in your dates and it lists the available apartments. Some apartments do have high/low season pricing which is reflected in the listed price. For the most part, there are still many apartments in the 18k range for December. 

7 hours ago, jed§ said:

I looked into this too at some length before my last visit. Result - it's a minefield of conflicting information. I gave up in the end but once in Patts and actually I sort of realised this on previous visits - I saw quite a few condos being advertised around the town while I was there. 

My suggestion is two-fold:          1. Get a short term hotel (2-3 days) and go out looking for a condo. Build this time into your holiday - take it out of your holiday and expect to do it. You won't regret it because you'll reap the rewards. Don't take any notice if, from home, you just get the fully booked stuff. They're not all, even at peak times, and there are always those who last minute cancel. 

2. Get to know an ex-pat. They'll know where to stay. I've met a few and could hardly believe how little some of them were paying for the rent on their condos. I know it's cheaper the longer the lease but still, it wasn't that much cheaper.

Last time I was there in high season, there were literally loads of empty condos not far rom the centre;  Bukkhao/3rd Road/Nirun sorts of distances. Supply has out-stripped demand since the crash of 2008.

Yes, you will find much better deals on the ground (even during high season). However, many (like me) who are only looking for a short term rental of 1-2 months don't want to go through the hassle of looking when they get there. If I was looking for a 6+ month rental, then of course I would look for a better deal on the ground. I would just like to hit the ground running knowing that I have a place to stay.

Just now, hioctane said:

the hassle of looking when they get there

Yes, I agree, that it's a hassle. I haven't done it either, although with hindsight, I wish I had and might do next time; ie. hit the ground and then spend a day (I think that's all it would take) sorting it out. However,  I know some ex-pats now who can probably set me up right - I hope. I kind of like Nirun actually - not many do, but there's a pool there to spend a day at just to get away from the hustle and bustle, which I got a bit sick of las time and the noise! 

• 1 year later...

Archived