IGNORED

Is there an option to Ignore topics ?

Avon

14 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

Sorry friend but its doing nothing other than giving the option but not following through with it says

Cant be designed like that because currently its just decoration with zero functionality other than saying it will do something..

Got to be something that's either wrong with the plugin itself or another plugin is in conflict with it and so removes its functionality.

If you guys cant fix this then you should get your $10 back and tell them why you want it, maybe then they will fix the problem or give a solution how to.

Give me my money back because this thing aint working usually gets action because nobody ever wants to.

Good luck but please keep at this because when it does work it will be great.

I just ignored one and it no longer shows in Archives. What browser are you using? I have only been able to test it in Safari in the last few minutes. All i can think of is a caching issue although it should not be.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, whitespider said:

I just ignored one and it no longer shows in Archives. What browser are you using? I have only been able to test it in Safari in the last few minutes. All i can think of is a caching issue although it should not be.

Firefox Quantum 57.0.2

I'm going to log out, clear my cookies and reboot, I will report back if my previously ignored topics still appear in New Content or not

Sorry friend but its doing nothing other than giving the option but not following through with it says
Cant be designed like that because currently its just decoration with zero functionality other than saying it will do something..
Got to be something that's either wrong with the plugin itself or another plugin is in conflict with it and so removes its functionality.
If you guys cant fix this then you should get your $10 back and tell them why you want it, maybe then they will fix the problem or give a solution how to.
Give me my money back because this thing aint working usually gets action because nobody ever wants to.
Good luck but please keep at this because when it does work it will be great.
I explained what is the likely problem but to work thru the list of plugins (about 12 from memory) so over 144 potential combinations and each one needs to be cross checked to see what fucks another. It's not ideal but most of the developers provide them for free so we cannot complain too much.

I will have some free time coming up so I will play around.

Be patient please.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sun14.jpg

1 minute ago, kgbagent said:

I explained what is the likely problem but to work thru the list of plugins (about 12 from memory) so over 144 potential combinations and each one needs to be cross checked to see what fucks another. It's not ideal but most of the developers provide them for free so we cannot complain too much.

I will have some free time coming up so I will play around.

Be patient please.

If you can thats great but its been working for me since i removed the Who Viewed This Topic button a few hours ago.

If you can thats great but its been working for me since i removed the Who Viewed This Topic button a few hours ago.
You are concentrating on the one plugin and probably seeing which others have stopped

sun14.jpg

Wow hold the phone, its working now !

I logged out, cleared cookies, rebooted and logged in again and the ones I had previously ignored didnt appear in New Content.

Just to be sure I've just" Ignored"" 2 other topics in NC and they've gone !

Whatever you guys just did fixed it.

Thanks guys !

2 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

Wow hold the phone, its working now !

I logged out, cleared cookies, rebooted and logged in again and the ones I had previously ignored didnt appear in New Content.

Just to be sure I've just" Ignored"" 2 other topics in NC and they've gone !

Whatever you guys just did fixed it.

Thanks guys !

We did nothing. Seems you did. Its worked fine for me since early today.

We did nothing. Seems you did. Its worked fine for me since early today.

I would love to take credit for being a software genius but I'm not, the average 12 year old has far more competence than me.

All I can think is that I had logged in prior to you doing whatever you did a few hours back and that didn't take effect until I had logged out and then logged back in again.

Really then I'm thanking you for fixing it some hours back and am sorry to have bothered you.

Its great now !

1 minute ago, CuppaTea said:

I would love to take credit for being a software genius but I'm not, the average 12 year old has far more competence than me.

All I can think is that I had logged in prior to you doing whatever you did a few hours back and that didn't take effect until I had logged out and then logged back in again.

Really then I'm thanking you for fixing it some hours back and am sorry to have bothered you.

Its great now !

No problem at all. The only thing that frustrates a bit (not you I should add) is peoples expectation level on these things. We have it working but as Kgbagent has pointed out we dont yet know if it has fucked up other plugins. If it has we then have to decide which is the higher priority in some cases. With luck all will be good but you never know.

No problem at all. The only thing that frustrates a bit (not you I should add) is peoples expectation level on these things. We have it working but as Kgbagent has pointed out we dont yet know if it has fucked up other plugins. If it has we then have to decide which is the higher priority in some cases. With luck all will be good but you never know.

I don't know how to say this but

The Ignore Button has gone from topics, its just not there any more.

Obviously this isnt an easy fix and your well aware of the conflict/stability issues so I wont bother you again with this.

All I can say is thanks for your efforts and good luck.

I don't know how to say this but

The Ignore Button has gone from topics, its just not there any more.

Obviously this isnt an easy fix and your well aware of the conflict/stability issues so I wont bother you again with this.

All I can say is thanks for your efforts and good luck.

As Kgbagent said earlier we are going to have to find the conflict. There are 144 permutations to try so it will not be a rapid solution as each one has to be tried, then tested for a while each permutation. Eventually we will find which one is causing the problem (it obviously wasnt the one i did) but it coukd take a while if we have to test each one.

Kgbagent knows far more about this than me so hopfully he will have some time soon.

2 minutes ago, whitespider said:

As Kgbagent said earlier we are going to have to find the conflict. There are 144 permutations to try so it will not be a rapid solution as each one has to be tried, then tested for a while each permutation. Eventually we will find which one is causing the problem (it obviously wasnt the one i did) but it coukd take a while if we have to test each one.

Kgbagent knows far more about this than me so hopfully he will have some time soon.

The buttons just come back again !

Im only telling you this because if you did something in the past few minutes (around 15) then whatever it was did the fix.

If you didn't it just underlines the issue.

Really, honestly this is my last post on this and I hope it helps if you did do something, if you didn't I'm sorry for making it.

Good luck to you and Kgbagent with this.

The buttons just come back again !

Im only telling you this because if you did something in the past few minutes (around 15) then whatever it was did the fix.

If you didn't it just underlines the issue.

Really, honestly this is my last post on this and I hope it helps if you did do something, if you didn't I'm sorry for making it.

Good luck to you and Kgbagent with this.

When you told us it had gone I switched it on again. That takes 2 seconds!

What we dont know is what is making it turn off - that is what we have to find out and that means testing all the permutations to find which other plugin is conflicting with it. Once we know that we can then find out if it is fixable or if its not.

11 hours ago, whitespider said:

I am sorry but its a plugin, its on or off, there are no other options or settings. If thats what it does then thats what it does Im afraid. 

I just want to take a moment to say Thank You. I realize the "ignore" function is being a monumental pain in the butt to get working. I really, really appreciate the effort you all are making to get it to function. As mentioned before, I think it will be of huge benefit to the participants of the board once it get working correctly and reliably. 

Thanks again for your efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

Not just a case of pushing a button to get this function working I can see now.

All I can say this thank you for trying and I hope that you can fix it.

• 8 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 15:00, whitespider said:

When you told us it had gone I switched it on again. That takes 2 seconds!

What we dont know is what is making it turn off - that is what we have to find out and that means testing all the permutations to find which other plugin is conflicting with it. Once we know that we can then find out if it is fixable or if its not.

I suppose it wasn't fixable ?

Pity :sad:

1 hour ago, Avon said:

I suppose it wasn't fixable ?

Pity :sad:

It is sad. That is the one feature I'd gladly pay for. There are so many times now when I start to comment on a new thread and don't. "Do I want to keep getting notices on this thread forever? Nah." For a thread that I might make one or two comments on, to get forever notifications on them make that one or two comments not worth making/participating. I'm a lot more careful on which threads I partipate in now that the ability to clean up my new posts display track has been removed. 

11 minutes ago, Garzan said:

It is sad. That is the one feature I'd gladly pay for. There are so many times now when I start to comment on a new thread and don't. "Do I want to keep getting notices on this thread forever? Nah." For a thread that I might make one or two comments on, to get forever notifications on them make that one or two comments not worth making/participating. I'm a lot more careful on which threads I partipate in now that the ability to clean up my new posts display track has been removed. 

I do not seem to have the same hassle.  For example, on this thread, I clicked on the FOLLOW box top above, and clicked on unfollow.  Some prior action of mine had me "following" automatically.  Funny though just realized that because of this post, I'll be following again :D:D:D  so - what I'll do NEXT time is unfollow again and NOT comment further...et voila...

2 minutes ago, Barhop said:

I do not seem to have the same hassle.  For example, on this thread, I clicked on the FOLLOW box top above, and clicked on unfollow.  Some prior action of mine had me "following" automatically.  Funny though just realized that because of this post, I'll be following again :D:D:D  so - what I'll do NEXT time is unfollow again and NOT comment further...et voila...

My default stream is "content I posted in (unread)". Without being able to ignore the shitfests, it's less than optimal. I realize that that is a custom stream, but it's (mostly) what works out best for how I want to read the board. I'm primarily interested in things I thought were interesting enough to participate in, except when they turn out not interesting enough to continue with. 555 

Archived