IGNORED

Is there an option to Ignore topics ?

Avon

Sorry if this is an easy option to find but I've tried and just cant.

I can see an option to Ignore individual members but not individual topics, does one exist ?

I like the New Content but some topics in it have no interest for me and I would like to be able to ensure they don't appear there.

Is there a way that I can just just select individual topics in the New Content section and stop them from appearing ?, it would make my Pattaya Addicts experience much better because I don't just want to only Follow Topics I want to see them all but have the ability to not to see ones I have no interest in, doing this would mean the New Content topic numbers could be easily reduced and I would only see the stuff I wanted to.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not in the simple form we had before, which was a one button Ignore Topic option.

According to BM peter.storm, who uses the same software for his forum, the button is available as an add on at a cost of $10 (yes ten :rolleyes:).

I believe there is a convoluted way of setting up your own specific activity stream but......:Hair_Out1:

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to donate the $10 to the board if it would guarantee that the dang button would be re-installed. There are more than a few topics now that I think, 'oh crap, why did I ever post in that particular shit-fest'. It would be ever so nice to ignore the topic so it didn't come up in my feed anymore.

22 minutes ago, Garzan said:

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to Donate the $10 to the board if it would guarantee that the dang button would be re-installed. There are more than a few topics now that I think, 'oh crap, why did I ever post in that particular shit-fest'. It would be ever so nice to ignore the topic so it didn't come up in my feed anymore.

Totally agree with you there, my least favourite poster of all time on here keeps starting new threads, luckily now, since therapy, I can sit on my hands and not open them.

I'll go halves with you on the $10.

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to Donate the $10 to the board if it would guarantee that the dang button would be re-installed. There are more than a few topics now that I think, 'oh crap, why did I ever post in that particular shit-fest'. It would be ever so nice to ignore the topic so it didn't come up in my feed anymore.

You might want to get in touch with Hallmark's therapist :)

1 hour ago, Edge said:

No, not in the simple form we had before, which was a one button Ignore Topic option.

According to BM peter.storm, who uses the same software for his forum, the button is available as an add on at a cost of $10 (yes ten :rolleyes:).

I believe there is a convoluted way of setting up your own specific activity stream but......:Hair_Out1:

I will pay the $10 if they do it, sure did like the ignore thread button before   "when if the last time a ladyboy fucked you in the  ass"   If I dont open it, which I wont, it keeps coming up under new content, along with 6 other katoey theads

1 hour ago, Hallmark said:

Totally agree with you there, my least favourite poster of all time on here keeps starting new threads, luckily now, since therapy, I can sit on my hands and not open them.

If I is me your referring to, I already said I will donate the full $10, so you and I are happy :)

2 hours ago, Hallmark said:

Not someone exceeding their quota by any chance?

56 minutes ago, just hanging said:

I will pay the $10 if they do it, sure did like the ignore thread button before   "when if the last time a Ladyboy fucked you in the  ass"   If I dont open it, which I wont, it keeps coming up under new content, along with 6 other katoey theads

Clear your cache.......it stores cookies from your previous visits so it knows your preferences.  :P

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

If I is me your referring to, I already said I will Donate the full $10, so you and I are happy :)

Don't bull yourself up mate, you never even crossed my mind :D

12 minutes ago, Edge said:

Not someone exceeding their quota by any chance?

Clear your cache.......it stores cookies from your previous visits so it knows your preferences.  :P

There's a quota ? I doubt it somehow. I can, or used to be able to ignore his posts, not sure now as I just fast forward past any posts he's written and totally blank the shit threads he starts.

On 8/25/2017 at 01:31, Edge said:

Nice to know I couldn't find it because it doesn't exist but as one could be added maybe they will in the future.

I did look at the streams but I'm not all that with computers and if something looks complicated I don't bother

Thanks for your help.

On 25 August 2017 at 08:03, Garzan said:

Nothing to reinstall. It was never a plugin before it was integral. Lots of things that were integral before are now add ons and we are doing these as and when requested. If you do wish to donate just use the donation links but we will get aroubd to them all eventually :)

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Quite a few useful add-ons have been reintroduced, including the one requested, but that is not working correctly with this version of the software and the developer of the add-on has been asked to assist.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sun14.jpg

On 9/1/2017 at 05:08, kgbagent said:

Quite a few useful add-ons have been reintroduced, including the one requested, but that is not working correctly with this version of the software and the developer of the add-on has been asked to assist.

Thanks, great to know and lets hope the guy who created it can fix it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2017 at 05:08, kgbagent said:

Still no progress with this ?

On 8/25/2017 at 06:57, Avon said:

I can see an option to Ignore individual members but not individual topics, does one exist

Yes, I ignore most topics.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 05:38, whitespider said:

We will get this plugin :)

there are a few we are going to add but one step at a time. Appreciate the heads up. 

I don't want to be a pest but still no progress ?

I'd dearly love to see some forward progress on this. I've been working with @Hallmark's therapist, am getting better at not posting an initial comment in threads (so they don't come up in 'threads I've posted in'). I still wish to God there was a way to turn off some of the shit-fest threads where I didn't manage to sit on my hands. :-)  Maybe next year. While it is "nice to be nice", it's even better to be able to not see that stuff. :-)

I think someone said they did splash out the $10 but couldn't get it to work.

In the renewed Nice2beNice campaign I'm sure it would be a big help and a time saver for Mods.

I was trying to fix it, i will look into it again now, sorry about that, but i had given up lol

I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no joy, please let me know if if comes up.

I asked support for the app on the 17th of november, he didnt reply, so I have asked him again

After inane almost daily threads with topics similar to "Do you like isle or window seats?: or "What's your favorite brand of Thai drinking water?" or " How often to you brush your teeth in Thailand?" I now have just one person on my ignore list.  A simple question once in a while I can take, a 3-5 per week barrage of silly questions from the same person?  Bye Bye thread starter, hello ignore button. 

Archived