IGNORED

Patong is so expensive now

Gazman Soi6

17 hours ago, thebrewer said:

I'll be there in about 8 weeks. Hopefully there is less rain than last year!

That'll be September, which is usually the wettest month of the year!

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.43.11.png

https://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/about/info/climate/

But fear not...... Rain usually comes in heavy, relatively brief squalls, with lengthy fine periods between.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had a house in Phuket before, sold it in 2008 and have never gone back there. if you are not going to the beaches then Pattaya is much better imo.

if you walk through them you will see they are less than 50% occupied now.  It's their own damn fault really.  Both places could easily be packed all the time but they tend to get greedy with the lady drinks and tend to try and overcharge patrons.
I called out a bar owner there one night who i had known for awhile and patronized his bar many times.  He flat out admitted to doing it and just laughed about it.  I never went to his bar again.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Tiger disco remains as that place was still pretty busy almost all the time.
The newest tiger complex never really caught on very well.  But both of those places wont stay empty for long as there is to much money to be made on Bangla

Even without the tiger complexes there are still many places to enjoy your evening

Yeah it's gotten worse each year. Last year in New tiger the bars were up to where high roller is. I've always spent more time in that vs the other one. I was last there in Feb and have to say it was packed every evening, so I wonder if both of them are in the firing line or just the one.

fa8e1bce1cdaec555aa26532aa93feed.jpg

A regular girl I've taken from Bar funk sent me this.

Tbh I'm sure I'd have a good time even if they did close. And I wouldn't be spending 250 on LDs, but I wonder how many other bars will follow suit from bar funk and open up elsewhere. Hopefully all those girls don't just up and go elsewhere.

On 7/26/2018 at 13:20, Micky2 said:

That'll be September, which is usually the wettest month of the year!

But fear not...... Rain usually comes in heavy, relatively brief squalls, with lengthy fine periods between.

Ah Micky2, thankfully I have avoided the flooding in recent years, mostly that seems to come at the end of the drier period. 

Two of the last three years though I have endured three day periods of rain during my two week holidays. Its just taught me to stay close to the things you find essential, to take plenty of shoes with good non slip soles and to drink up ;-)

Just finished a week in Patong , 8 days to be exact , weather was perfect every day , saw maybe 2 or 3 very brief showers , 

But gee its expensive nightlife wise , 

Spent most of my nights in the tiger bar complex , which can be fun , 

But drinks for yourself and lady drinks , will cost you more than gogo bars in pattaya , 

Not to mention BFs anywhere between 1000-2000 depending on the bar and time of night , ST 3000 LT 5000 for the better looking girls generally speaking 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:15, KiwiScottie said:

Just finished a week in patong , 8 days to be exact , weather was perfect every day , saw maybe 2 or 3 very brief showers , 

But gee its expensive nightlife wise , 

Spent most of my nights in the tiger bar complex , which can be fun , 

But drinks for yourself and lady drinks , will cost you more than gogo bars in pattaya , 

Not to mention BFs anywhere between 1000-2000 depending on the bar and time of night , ST 3000 LT 5000 for the better looking girls generally speaking 

Gee you took the expensive option nightlife wise......

Bangla, especially the Tiger Bar complex is far from cheap, but it is far from the only option in Patong or the Phuket hinterland beyond..... as has been suggested in this thread and elsewhere. Plenty of fun to be had in the OTOP area and sois within 10 - 15 minutes walk from Bangla. A variety of talent too, with beers costing 80 - 100 baht, and lady drinks about 180. Bar fines are in the 300 to 500 baht range, and a quickie for 1,500 to 2,000, or an overnighter for 2,000 to 3,000. Hinterland pricing tends to be at the lower end of that range.

In Kamala pubs a simple feed, a beer or two, a couple of lady drinks and a few games of pool can be had for less than 600 baht.

I don't know what the op is speaking of but my friend just returned and he said loads of 500 baht rooms far better value than Pattaya and plenty of freelancers who are young and hot and not tatooed for 1000-1500 short time plus if you want older gals he said tiger disco ratio of 10 gals to any guy.  

5 hours ago, Micky2 said:

Bangla, especially the Tiger Bar complex is far from cheap, but it is far from the only option in Patong or the Phuket hinterland beyond..... as has been suggested in this thread and elsewhere. Plenty of fun to be had in the OTOP area and sois within 10 - 15 minutes walk from Bangla. A variety of talent too, with beers costing 80 - 100 baht, and lady drinks about 180. Bar fines are in the 300 to 500 baht range, and a quickie for 1,500 to 2,000, or an overnighter for 2,000 to 3,000. Hinterland pricing tends to be at the lower end of that range.

In Kamala pubs a simple feed, a beer or two, a couple of lady drinks and a few games of pool can be had for less than 600 baht.

I only barfined once out of tiger , a good looker , but she was a bit of a starfish, was just quoting prices , 

But did have a few drinks in there most nights, know a few girls in there  

I have a few phone numbers of freelancers and massage girls that I have kept , much cheaper 

On 8/9/2018 at 22:26, Micky2 said:

Hey Micky2, any guest house recommendations for Kamala?

Thinking a couple of nights there next trip might be a plan, but since I rarely book in advance, I like to be armed with a little knowledge.

On 8/17/2018 at 16:54, thebrewer said:

Hey Micky2, any guest house recommendations for Kamala?

Thinking a couple of nights there next trip might be a plan, but since I rarely book in advance, I like to be armed with a little knowledge.

Sorry, I can't really give any recommendations. I stop by at Kamala from time to time, but have never stayed overnight. Folks I know there are long term so have their own digs. However the place seems to have plenty of choice of accomodation, in the downtown area, and beyond. Rock on up outside the peak season and you should find something suitable easy enough.

I have never been one to book lodgings, wherever I go. The only time I have booked a room was one time when I was arriving in Bangkok about midnight. When I got to where I had booked, they had filled the room with someone else. They found me a bed for the night in a nearby short-time hotel

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a topic for this, so I'm posting here... are there smoking restrictions (i smoke cigars) in Patong?  I've been going to AC in PI and they've banned smoking.

• 5 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 00:43, RetiredRon said:

I couldn't find a topic for this, so I'm posting here... are there smoking restrictions (i smoke cigars) in Patong?  I've been going to AC in PI and they've banned smoking.

Hi Ron, havent seen restrictions in any bars as such, but shopping malls etc yes. Cant comment on any of the big clubs as I skipped most of them when I popped by last month. Hope that helps....albeit a month down the track.

Just back from 4 nights in Phuket/Patong

Tiger complex downstairs really isn't a value at all.  They love to push lady drinks and will pad your bill so better keep close watch on it.

They have added a bunch of pool tables in the back now and it's still a little over half full

With the other complex they built across the street they are converting about half of it into what appears to be some kind of small shopping or perhaps food stalls but they don't appear to be bars as they are to small

If you hit the right go go's there are some pretty good looking ladies there.  Places like Suzy wongs are a fun time.  BF runs about 1,000 plus whatever you work out with the girl  but expect them to start at about 3,000 ST but that is not set in stone.  Harem also has some lookers as well.

The real value is at OTOP.   They are in the process of building several new bars in the back part of that area and several of the current bars are to be relocated there.  It will remain to be seen if this ends up being a good or bad thing since they will be much closer together now so it might lose some of that individuality that is cool about OTOP.

The disco's still remain a very good option for freelancers and if you have any kind of negotiating skills there is no reason you can't have whatever you like at a reasonable price.  

• 2 months later...

Will give it a TR after I am done..

Just did 4 days and found it so so..
Don't get me wrong you can have fun and as it can be attested via PIA I usually can get.myself into plenty of trouble..
And did ..lol.. but always fun to be had if you have the right angles and attitude..

Over in Aonang and did Railay.. would i do it again again..fuck no.. why would I want to be on a beach that looks like a European invasion.. beached whales and retards over paying for things..a bit like how Patong feels..

Still got 10 days to go and will write it up..

Ok..

Skin flinks..

Tell me how to avoid the taxi mafia..

Heading back to Patong from Phang-nga..

Seems best option is almost to catch a van direct to airport..and do the 200bht..shuttle..

Why..you may ask..

Well.. the taxi from Patong to bus station (old).. and for those that don't know..there is a new one..and ... Take heed.. the Patong taxi crew will try to take you to the new one..and thus..the trip to Krabi..or Phang-nga has gone from 100..( in my case I paid for two seats so 200).. to 1000 (yet to be confirmed as quoted from shit head taxi driver..).. lucky for me I had Thai contacts that could call him and tell him to sort out his shit..and take me to old bus station.. they sent me Google maps GPS and I was on to it telling him where to go..

Of course..very sorry sir..I am only driver for 1 year..and not outside Patong..soooooo I give him the benefit of doubt..but..if you'd re a poor tourist sucker you would have been bent over..

Thus a community announcement..[emoji41][emoji41]

Got a bar bill to sort..back to this in a minute..

Ok...never get pressured by drink sluts to pay the bill..had to throw them off to finish this post..

K.. so it looks like from Phang-nga it's better to go direct to airport..and then do the 200 van to Patong..

As.if you end up in bus station..they are having hand out for what they can get..ie.. 600+

Now remember.. it's only costing me me 100(200 double seats) for a 2 hour journey from Phang-nga but a 45 minute ride to Patong is maybe a 600+ fair.. tell me who is winning here..

Just to add a bit colour..best butt I have seen so far..

169af8773f44711b30ad8ac7c1f42f4b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Expensive for girls,mediocre freelancers on Bangla ask for 2000 ST,some may accept 1500,but in Pattaya its half price.

• 4 weeks later...

Phuket is definitely pricier than Pattaya on average, but there are some exceptions. For instance, last year in Patong/Karon/Kata, the standard price for laundry was 50 Baht per Kilo or 70 with ironing. Try finding laundry with ironing included anywhere in Pattaya (other than perhaps on the darkside) for less than 90 / 100 baht per kilo for a farang!

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2019 at 19:23, funky310 said:

Phuket is definitely pricier than Pattaya on average, but there are some exceptions. For instance, last year in Patong/Karon/Kata, the standard price for laundry was 50 Baht per Kilo or 70 with ironing. Try finding laundry with ironing included anywhere in Pattaya (other than perhaps on the darkside) for less than 90 / 100 baht per kilo for a farang!

I am here now (Patong), and while laundry is 50 baht per kilo, it is 100 baht with ironing (in general). I came from Ao Nang where it was 40/60 baht, and I am quite sure I paid around 40 baht in Pattaya, although technically it was Jomtien.

The chicken with rice mentioned earlier in this thread as 50 baht is (now?) 60/70 baht (regular/special). Same shop as mentioned by poster.

The good thing is that hotels are currently cheap because of low season, and many massage shops will close at midnight, meaning last customer around 23.30, so you can meet up with the girls around midnight without having to pay the shop, and as many of the girls sleep in their shop with bad facilities (e.g. poor shower) and not always the most pleasent atmosphere (the girls competing for customers during the day), they can be had for next to nothing (the girl I had yesterday only asked me to pay for her motorcycle taxi).

But pretty (working) girls are few and far between, although the agogo-talent seemed on average good, but it was 3 guys per girl in the place I checked out, and no idea about the prices there.

Some of the markups here though are just absurd. Yesterday I saw a restaurant selling red tilapia fish for 650 baht per kilo and grouper sold for 1,200 baht per kilo. The former is a freshwater fish and retails for maybe 80 baht per kilo. It can be had prepared for 120-160 baht in Bangkok or Chiang Mai (depending on size).

Ironically there is a fresh seafood restaurant in Chiang Mai called “Phuket Seafood” which has a reputation for being expensive (but good). It actually seems cheaper than many of the places in Phuket.

On 01/07/2018 at 09:34, flaboy said:

No one who lives in Phuket goes to Patong. I live in Rawai, about 20 minutes south. There are 2 beer bar areas where the talent is way hotter than Pattaya. Plus little beer bars everywhere, not to mention the hotties at the massage parlors. I love it here. People are more health oriented, beaches are the best in Thailand. Would not step foot in the cesspools Pattaya calls beaches. Anyway try exploring a little, talk to the local ex pats. Whole new world outside Patong.

Just finished a few days in Kata and Karon, and then on to Rawai. I have to say Rawai has a cool low key vibe to it, which I am enjoying. Kata and Karon are much more relaxed than Patong, but fairly busy with tourists. The company of beautiful young ladies can be had just about anywhere in LOS if you are tuned in - and Tinder works well in a pinch.

what is the BEST gogo in Patong now ?    i used to be in Pattaya .... MANYYYYY times... YES... i know... it's not the same...

but which gogo is the best to compare with the gogo's in Pattaya ?

what is +- the barfine over there ?  and what is the barfine in the bars in the soi's of Bangla road ?

tx

5bc23fbaa550c_thaibox.gif.69fcc04145d2d7dc5a09f5db98e051d2.gif

On 12/04/2019 at 02:11, Suiker said:

what is the BEST gogo in patong now ?    i used to be in Pattaya .... MANYYYYY times... YES... i know... it's not the same...

but which gogo is the best to compare with the gogo's in Pattaya ?

what is +- the barfine over there ?  and what is the barfine in the bars in the soi's of Bangla road ?

tx

Suzy Wong's has some top quality women

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

• 2 weeks later...

Basic update of Southern Phuket, which I loved. Stayed in Kata/Karon then Rawai and enjoyed it. I've been to Patong many years ago and wouldn't go again if it could be helped - too much congestion and touristy crap (unlike the cosmopolitan Pattaya which we all know and love :). 

Kata Beach is very chill and the north end has small shops and restaurants for beer and meals, sea water isn't the greatest hue but a nice place to chill. Karon Beach water is incredibly clear but there is a strong undertow and a rough beach break (waves) in areas which could ruin the day of an inexperienced swimmer.

There is a small strip of beer bars in Kata (google map link here), and just south of it is Soi Spiderman which has some relatively nice bars (nice upholstered bench seats, pool tables, etc). Did find a few decent ladies working the beer bars but they were definitely inexperienced and unsure of protocol, barfine, etc and I wasn't really in the mood.

Went down to Rawai for awhile and enjoyed Songkran there at a ladyboy bar which was one of the livelier Songkran days I've experienced. The beach at Rawai is not for lounging or swimming - small beach and lots of boats. The islands close by are amazing though, so best is to negotiate a longtail boat for 4 - 8 hours and bounce around some of the islands for some snorkeling, beers on the beach, etc.

The Laguna complex in Rawai was a pleasant surprise (map link here). It's kind of like an open air warehouse with various bars sprinkled throughout, some done up quite nice - kind of like a slightly more upscale MIT. Bars are open in the afternoon and there were probably 20 - 30 girls sprinkled throughout the various bars (I remember there being about 15 or so bars). Think they were quoting 2k or 3k for ST, and I didn't partake.

Also visited a FS massage place on the other side of town (google map link here to the area). There are several massage places with extras obviously on offer - one of the funniest memories was passing by a quaint place named 'BJ massage' - google street view grab below. A bit out of the way, but this area has some options easily available in the daytime.

Best of luck out there mongers...

BJ massage sign.png

• 4 months later...
On 09/08/2018 at 14:56, Micky2 said:

I have been in otop this august and barfine are 700 until 23:00pm then 500! 

There where less girls than other year but some of then were amazing!! I take them LT for 2000.

i like the new bars they built!!

Archived