IGNORED

Can i find a small Holiday studio for less than 1M THB?

Frenchguy99

9 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Thanks for all answer, i will check everything son when i will be back in Pattaya

I MADE IN FRANCE I

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck OP.

Suggest you keep a check on bahtsold, then when you are here get scooter, ride around, look at small adverts in receptions etc.

should easily find something at 5-600,000.

check it is in foreign name, (company yearly accounts cost the same for a cheapo as a mansion not worth it)

check if building is liveable, pool swimmable, front office looking like war zone is not good.  but things change, a decent condo can become a shit hole when scum move in next door.

check if you can get a scooter up the lift and in, then when you come to Pattaya, you have your gear, your place and your wheels.

do not even think about renting, possibly chuck the keys at a favourite or friend when it is empty.

You have a bank account?, you will need to DD water, service, electricity charges.  No taxe fonciere /habitation here.

Get it through a proper Thai lawyer, Thailand is not the wild west, they looooove property longtime, just like the French, if you have not got the registered deeds but just a key, the key is all you have.

Earplugs can sort out a lot, buying cheapo the downside is negligible, buy at 1.5m and the downside is anything down to 0.6.

Get your money organised, the seller and your lawyer can expect you to come with, bankers cheque/ cash in the afternoon if you buy in the morning.  This is property like a second hand car, you bought it it is yours.

See and decide, is it straight? does it start? is registering at the land office no problem?, are the bills paid to date?

bonne chance Frenchie

Nice message and advice Simon.

Cheers

I MADE IN FRANCE I

Above unit is nice, but you can still get the 26 sqm units in Nirun in the 500k range. Many advertised.

7 hours ago, rhodie said:

Above unit is nice, but you can still get the 26 sqm units in Nirun in the 500k range. Many advertised.

True , probably they did and put a few 100 000 baht to renovate it and put new appliances to make a profit ...., several at your price adverted but in a poor condition , look around an open eyes and OP can find easy a moderate condo in his price category

PS: not forget this one is a 32sqm one , so 6 sqm more on a 26 sqm is a equal  to a extra room surface ....26 sqm is really thight .....I wonder how the latest condo villages builders can even squeeze a separate bedroom out it ....:unsure:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

On 6/12/2017 at 9:01 PM, Frenchguy99 said:

Nice message and advice Simon.

Cheers

Really I would ask him how many properties he has purchased here ?.

Not saying he is giving bad advice however what is his experience in this matter. 

Many here talk the walk  but give advice from what thay read on the internet.

Many OPs here giving very good advice you need to sort the bad from the good.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 6/13/2017 at 7:17 PM, JAI DEE MAK said:

Really I would ask him how many properties he has purchased here ?.

Not saying he is giving bad advice however what is his experience in this matter. 

Many here talk the walk  but give advice from what thay read on the internet.

Many OPs here giving very good advice you need to sort the bad from the good.

JDM

err 1

Jai Dee mak I too think many posting here haven never been but i think my advice is sound, although in my life whether my advice is good/bad seems totally random.

Bought a decade + ago, but did investigate condos from 1998.  Of course I totally missed out on the G Soros theft of all Thais' money in 2000 when a condo now at 2m would have been 500,000 and the £ at 90.

I was the "underbidder" on several, it always amuses me that punters on price threads think it is the LDOP driving the price when their own life shows it is the underbidder.  All those sticking offers of 2-3000 are the ones assuring 5000!

Guessing the £ (and euro) are on a one way road i did look at buying cheapo's but not living here the agro was greater than the profit and trying to scrape £100/month/ property unattractive.  If I had married Thai I would look for multiple 1m baht, room with a roof rentable to thai at up to 10g/mo, but i am not so I don't.

I tend to keep in contact with a style of TG.  Apart from the ones in Australia and Europe quite a number have recently bought Condo's in the 1.5 to 5 m range, yes this is what happens to "old" BGs not the dying of drugs and disease in the gutter beloved of our media.  Biggest problems is having children if they missed out with the village husband in their youth and their parents ageing.

They can get family + dozen guests eating in a <30 sq mt  benefit of being small and floor living.  As they only buy new (Thai!) they follow the developer's prices carefully.

I did try to match my advice to what I read as the OP demand, in my heart a fire sale in VT 1 or 2, or Majestic card on the wall and wave money, not much point in looking at current ads.  Your advice is as likely to be as good or better.

BTW one was building worker, tried her hand at p4p, now works law office, their lives are more interesting than mine although they would not agree. 

nirun shouldnt be more than 500" for the small units , regarding center condo ive viewed a few where 2 of them was below 1 mthb for studios , low floor thai name and bad view but still possible to find .

wont go into personal thoughts about nirun but would strongly advice you to rent first to get a housefeeling  regardless of wich house you may choose .

hope you find what you seek and avoid agents , completely useless clowns for any buyer .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

nirun shouldnt be more than 500" for the small units , regarding center condo ive viewed a few where 2 of them was below 1 mthb for studios , low floor thai name and bad view but still possible to find .

wont go into personal thoughts about nirun but would strongly advice you to rent first to get a housefeeling  regardless of wich house you may choose .

hope you find what you seek and avoid agents , completely useless clowns for any buyer .

Have you got any insight into Lumpini ville Naklua? I've looked online at a few and the prices really vary for the same.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you got any insight into Lumpini ville Naklua? I've looked online at a few and the prices really vary for the same.

unfortunally no info other than Lumpini takes good care of their buildings and usally have good staff working for them compared to other , atleast from my experiences with them in Bangkok .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Archived