Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can i find a small Holiday studio for less than 1M THB?

Frenchguy99

I was looking at Laguna Beach and it doesnt look like shit hole for me, specialy as i want something  not for 2 weeks billionaire life, but more a week end/week/3 weeks plan for time to time, under the sunBut i was also looking at Nirun, and it looks bit old for me, i prefer something like Laguna , more far from city center, but cleaner and the garden/ pool looks nice. With a scooter parked downstair its exactly the kind of place im looking for.

I think the best value for money is jomtien because there are so many available. If you don't mind living further out that's the place to be.

Beware of advice from condo snobs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Frenchguy99 said:

I was looking at Laguna Beach and it doesnt look like shit hole for me, specialy as i want something  not for 2 weeks billionaire life, but more a week end/week/3 weeks plan for time to time, under the sun

But i was also looking at Nirun, and it looks bit old for me, i prefer something like Laguna , more far from city center, but cleaner and the garden/ pool looks nice. With a scooter parked downstair its exactly the kind of place im looking for.

Yes Scooters are great for during the day but do you want to be driving back at 1 am after 10 beers? If so your stay will be a short one.

16 hours ago, Frenchguy99 said:

And do you think this can work ?

Yes for foreign quota owners cant sell ATM

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Yes for foreign quota owners cant sell ATM

Why can't they sell? I imagine the Thai quoto owners are finding it even harder to sell

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why can't they sell? I imagine the Thai quoto owners are finding it even harder to sell

Reply was in context of offering under a mill for a place worth 1.5.my thinking is foreign quota already know there price is a lower value.

Yea i was thinking the market is really bad with the russians out of the market now with the money going down the drain.And the thai baht is really strong for most others the aussie is down from 33 just 2 years ago to 25 now and your pound is even hit harder. Suppose thai quota would be worse if a foreigner had one he needed to sell.My thinking is if you buy in company name thai quota you're not in for investment and although cheaper the market is slightly different for a sale.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

im interested only in Foreigner name places. 

i will try to make some proposal around 1M for places i like from agency.

Thanks

I MADE IN FRANCE I

13 minutes ago, Frenchguy99 said:

im interested only in Foreigner name places. 

i will try to make some proposal around 1M for places i like from agency.

Thanks

My advice would be to try renting in a building to get a feel for the place before jumping in and buying.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Buying the cheapest condo in the worst street is never a good idea.

Wait and put a few more million more baht together IMO and start hitting up some of the view talay buildings in jomtien

14 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Wait and put a few more million more baht together IMO and start hitting up some of the view talay buildings in jomtien

Thanks you but that not what i want,i have around 20/25k euro to spend for this project and i dont want to put more.

its just a small holiday/week end condo with money anyway i canot spend in other way or bring back to my country.

i understand that for some people who live in Europe and come only for 1 month in Thailand the place must be fancy, but i already live under the sun 12 month/year and also im not into drinking or hookers so a place like Laguna will fit well for me a Sun and swiming pool is the only thing i needand. doesnt seems a 'worst street' to me, maybe only if you go there to drink beer everyday and play with hookers 

I MADE IN FRANCE I

17 minutes ago, Frenchguy99 said:

Thanks you but that not what i want,i have around 20/25k euro to spend for this project and i dont want to put more.

its just a small holiday/week end condo with money anyway i canot spend in other way or bring back to my country.

i understand that for some people who live in Europe and come only for 1 month in Thailand the place must be fancy, but i already live under the sun 12 month/year and also im not into drinking or hookers so a place like Laguna will fit well for me a Sun and swiming pool is the only thing i needand. doesnt seems a 'worst street' to me, maybe only if you go there to drink beer everyday and play with hookers 

You've mentioned Laguna a couple of times now.

First, I have to say I haven't visited it or viewed any condos there so this is just a general observation.

Ever since it was built there have been a LOT of condos for sale at below the developer's price and many rentals at quite low rents.

This has made me wonder if there is something seriously wrong there.

It may just be circumstances & timing (rouble collapse etc) and the place may be fine.

I would check it out thoroughly though before spending money on a condo there. 

sure i agree, thats just an observation about the style of this kind of condo. Thanks David

i will rent there next time i come to Pattaya to check it out

I MADE IN FRANCE I

You've mentioned Laguna a couple of times now.
First, I have to say I haven't visited it or viewed any condos there so this is just a general observation.
Ever since it was built there have been a LOT of condos for sale at below the developer's price and many rentals at quite low rents.
This has made me wonder if there is something seriously wrong there.
It may just be circumstances & timing (rouble collapse etc) and the place may be fine.
I would check it out thoroughly though before spending money on a condo there. 

Do you have and reference or link to your observations? Or even a link to a price.? Not saying it's not true but unless you can verify the price is smashed then it's just another anonymous post.

To the OP, the type of place you want to buy is exactly the type of room that rents for 500 baht a night or even less. You really want to spend quality time in that type of room as a landlord no less?

IMG_6967.thumb.JPG.e2892bace08bad82ceb362d00520b2a5.JPG

Do you have and reference or link to your observations? Or even a link to a price.? Not saying it's not true but unless you can verify the price is smashed then it's just another anonymous post.

To the OP, the type of place you want to buy is exactly the type of room that rents for 500 baht a night or even less. You really want to spend quality time in that type of room as a landlord no less?

Condo snobs are not required on this thread. Everyone has different requirements and spending habits, trying to impose your view is just pointless.

Condo snobs are not required on this thread. Everyone has different requirements and spending habits, trying to impose your view is just pointless.

What's the problem? Like you said everyone has different views. I have mine

You stated yours.

My view is owning a dump is hardly something to look forward to on a well deserved holiday.

The condo he wants to buy has been abandoned by juristic 20 years ago and comes with mould, leaky ceilings and poor plumbing.

and not to mention he will surround himself with the type of desperates that live in nirun complex. No offense if you are one of them

You get what you pay for and I strongly advise OP to stay away from that price bracket [emoji1]

21 minutes ago, mcfish said:

What's the problem? Like you said everyone has different views. I have mine

You stated yours.

My view is owning a dump is hardly something to look forward to on a well deserved holiday.

The condo he wants to buy has been abandoned by juristic 20 years ago and comes with mould, leaky ceilings and poor plumbing.

and not to mention he will surround himself with the type of desperates that live in nirun complex. No offense if you are one of them

You get what you pay for and I strongly advise OP to stay away from that price bracket emoji1.png

You cut your clothe to fit,Not everybody is as wealthy as you and can afford to spend millions of Baht on a condo.

i agree on Nirun who look bit cheap for me, so No Nirun or Majestic, But Park Lane, Laguna, amazon etc. . . will be ok for what i want do. Far from Center, and 100Usd Fly  ticket from my homebase :)

Thanks to the replyers of this thread.

I MADE IN FRANCE I

On 6/7/2017 at 3:02 AM, Frenchguy99 said:

drink beer everyday and play with hookers 

You just described my perfect holiday!  :GrinNod1:

On 2017-6-7 at 11:51 AM, mcfish said:

Quite true - you want the cheapest condo (in a decent building) on the best street. 

On 6/7/2017 at 0:02 PM, Frenchguy99 said:

[…] but i already live under the sun 12 month/year and also im not into drinking or hookers so a place like Laguna will fit well for me […]

I have to ask, what make you pick Pattaya as your holiday destination, if it’s not the nightlife?

On 07/06/2017 at 8:31 PM, Pheat said:

You cut your clothe to fit,Not everybody is as wealthy as you and can afford to spend millions of Baht on a condo.

I mentioned before that if the OP can't afford to buy a decent condo he should rent one. Condos in View Talay 1&2 are quite cheap to rent. Better than sinking 1m baht into some crap condo off the beaten track.

I would be very careful about buying into the Pattaya area condo market either for investment or lifestyle. The market at present is saturated with oversupply. While there appear to be some bargains around the reality is unless you wish to commit to a holding on to the Condo for at least the next 10 years, you are better of renting on "as need basis". The problem with the sub-million baht condos:-

• they are small
  • budget developments with cheap materials
  • usually not in a good location
  • may face "community fees' collection issues
  • maintenance and security services could be an issue.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, davidge said:

Short answer: Yes.

Will be somewhere where you need your own transport though NOT central or on baht bus route. //

Disagree. One million baht is about the price of the studios in Center Condo.

The location is perfect, near everything you need :), on several baht bus routes in the heart of South Pattaya, and you don't need a bike or car.

Negative point: All the studios or on M floor (ground +1) and then have no view...

5 minutes ago, Frenchguy99 said:

Wich building is it ?

It's an older building near TukCom, just behind the temple on Pattaya Tai.

I've not seen any condos there advertised at close to 1 million (1.7+ more common) but it's not an expensive building so certainly possible that the studios on the bottom floor aren't too much more than that.

Archived