IGNORED

Can i find a small Holiday studio for less than 1M THB?

Frenchguy99

Hello,

im living in Asia, where My city - Pattaya Flight ticket are really cheap, im thinking to buy a small Studio condo but under 1M THB, any idea or where to find a good deal.

- Yes i know its gonna be small

- Yes i know its not gonna have seaview or wonderful equipment.

But mostly want buy it as my own hotel room with money anyway i canot bring back to my native country., then get a smal place in Pattaya with some clothes for my weeks or week end escapades.

I MADE IN FRANCE I

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short answer: Yes.

Will be somewhere where you need your own transport though NOT central or on baht bus route.

Majestic in Jomtien comfortably under 1 million. Old. Run down. Thai style.

Nirun Condo between 3rd Road and Sukhumvit under 1 million. Some people like it, some don't.

Prices are falling now. Many condos available. Good chance of finding a newer, though small, condo in one of the developments behind Rhompo in Jomtien & further down Jomtien second road. I've certainly seen plenty at not much more than 1 million and people are keen to sell. (Laguna Beach, Amazon, Trio Gems etc)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for the answer David, yes im checking online now and i saw some of Laguna Beach for less than 1M who look ok, small but clean, hats what im needed, i will check the other one you advice Amazon Trio and so on)

Thanks

I MADE IN FRANCE I

I know it is a bit late but bm Jerry sold a condo at Naklua Golden for 1m baht, neither small or run down, wish I was in the position to buy at the time.

Cracking looking place to live.

check lumpini and ad hyatt on naklua side ,,, think alot better value than nirun / majestic  and similar very bad houses , specially once terminal 21 gets build .

conods for under a million is easilly found and takes no effort at all .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

check lumpini and ad hyatt on naklua side ,,, think alot better value than nirun / majestic  and similar very bad houses , specially once terminal 21 gets build .

conods for under a million is easilly found and takes no effort at all .

Lumpini is much higher cost per m2 than Nirun. It's disguised as the Lumpini condos are so small.

Also Fly Bird Condo similar to Nirun, but a bit cheaper. Let us know how you go and if prices are really falling noticeably.

lots of them, pick yours carefull and get a deal, many gotta let them go

With the new Tram planned i wonder whether that will screw up the baht bus routes

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

With the new Tram planned i wonder whether that will screw up the baht bus routes

Won't happen in my lifetime.

However, if Uber takes hold & Grab continues to grow, then I may consider condos in different locations as it wouldn't be too expensive to travel around off the routes (I won't use mototaxis)

Won't happen in my lifetime.

However, if Uber takes hold & Grab continues to grow, then I may consider condos in different locations as it wouldn't be too expensive to travel around off the routes (I won't use mototaxis)

Yes i was thinking the same. I want an easy option to get back to the condo after a few drinks at night excl moto taxis.

8 hours ago, just hanging said:

lots of them, pick yours carefull and get a deal, many gotta let them go

Good advice , take your time and check the small print !!!.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lumpini is much higher cost per m2 than Nirun. It's disguised as the Lumpini condos are so small.

agreed abit more per sqm but you cant compare it to when its time to sell and specially how they takes care of their buildings , lumpini are professional and takes extremely well of their houses ( atleast in bkk ) and nirun well just go have a look ......

then consider the tram and terminal 51 and the way to beach ...... 

anyway the market is enormous and with some patience deals can be found .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

agreed abit more per sqm but you cant compare it to when its time to sell and specially how they takes care of their buildings , lumpini are professional and takes extremely well of their houses ( atleast in bkk ) and nirun well just go have a look ......
then consider the tram and terminal 51 and the way to beach ...... 

anyway the market is enormous and with some patience deals can be found .

I think although Nirun is a good location you'd feel like a cheap charlie living there. The proposed new tram doesn't go up Naklua which makes me wonder if the baht bus route up there will stop. A long way off but worth taking into account.

I seen a for sale poster on the notice board at food mart yesterday.

20170601_111054.thumb.jpg.95db8b68bca8803750a51f9c5b27e2a3.jpg

JDM

One of the most important things in an advert is to include the name of the Condo. Then you can do some research and decide whether it's worth seeing.

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

One of the most important things in an advert is to include the name of the Condo. Then you can do some research and decide whether it's worth seeing.

Sellers often don't give the name of the condo, I've noticed. Trying to avoid walk-ins? Keeping it from other residents? Who knows. Makes it a pain when looking around to buy/rent anything.

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree 100% I have no connection with it I seen it and thought it maybe what the op was looking for as it states including fees.

Clearly its for anyone interested to phone and get more info ( and check all the small print ) as I previously  stated.

If its well below market value then it may be a quick sale is need for genuine reasons however it could be due to more sinister reasons.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

18 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

I agree 100% I have no connection with it I seen it and thought it maybe what the op was looking for as it states including fees.

Clearly its for anyone interested to phone and get more info ( and check all the small print ) as I previously  stated.

If its well below market value then it may be a quick sale is need for genuine reasons however it could be due to more sinister reason

It doesnt say "farang name". To me that implies that it's company name, which would explain the "all fees" mention also.

Personally I would not take a company name condo as a gift.

i would be looking at places over 1.5 and offering under 1mill.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I would suggest that if you can't afford a decent place (2-3 million) then it's better to rent. Stuck in a shit hole like Nirun is not much fun.

6 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I would suggest that if you can't afford a decent place (2-3 million) then it's better to rent. Stuck in a shit hole like Nirun is not much fun.

I know 3 expats who have lived in Nirun condo for a few years and are very happy living there.Nirun has been greatly improved over the last few years.

11 hours ago, talung66 said:

i would be looking at places over 1.5 and offering under 1mill.

And do you think this can work ?

I MADE IN FRANCE I

8 hours ago, chris2004 said:

I was looking at Laguna Beach and it doesnt look like shit hole for me, specialy as i want something  not for 2 weeks billionaire life, but more a week end/week/3 weeks plan for time to time, under the sun

But i was also looking at Nirun, and it looks bit old for me, i prefer something like Laguna , more far from city center, but cleaner and the garden/ pool looks nice. With a scooter parked downstair its exactly the kind of place im looking for.

I MADE IN FRANCE I

Archived