IGNORED

foodland

17 hours ago, plahgat said:

Took Lae Dee Restaurant

Went in again today mid day for a lunch, and decided to "plunge" it with one of the most expensive farang dishes on the menu: Mix Grill at 216 baht including, beef, pork and chicken steaks, bacon and sausage with french fries, and a Lemon Shake.

When I read the menu it sounded like a big and filling meal, so I had some expectations,

even wondering if I would be able to finish it!:rolleyes:

Then the plate came in and my jaw just dropped!:o

I couldn't believe what I saw!

A small plate with a handful of french fries and some very small and thin slices of meat hidden under each other hardly visible, one piece of very thin crispy bacon and 1/3 of a sausage, a half tiny tomato and 1/3 of a corncob butter and some sauce!? WTF:unsure:

I downed it all in 3 minutes!

Still hungry like a wolf!

Taste OK, but nothing special.

Lemon Shake also very bland, no sourness or sweetness at all, tasted like saltwater only!

Price for what you got I thought too expensive!

For a quick snack or small lunch this place might come in handy as it is open 24 hours,

but for a filling meal I'll go somewhere else!

Cost:

Mix Grill 216 baht

Lemon Shake 53 baht

Total: 269 baht

Plahgat

Took Lae Dee 2.JPG

Took Lae Dee 3.JPG

I would have been well pissed if I was served this as a mixed grill very expensive for the meal received.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe I missed  something. is this took restaurant in foodland?   everything I ever ate in foodland was big and cheap and good

a better shot of the exit from foodland via the restaurant bit into the car park of RGP

may 20 016 (Custom).JPG

and the new restaurant promised here must be going front of RGP ground floor beach rd ground floor

may 20 008 (Custom).JPG

20 minutes ago, just hanging said:

maybe I missed  something. is this took restaurant in foodland?   everything I ever ate in foodland was big and cheap and good

It's next door, separated by a door only from the supermarket!

I think all Foodland Supermarket has a Took Lae Dee restaurant attached?

There is one in Patpong 2 Foodland in Bangkok.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finish a meal at Took Lae Dee. For those who havent been before I would describe it as a Thai style diner. Also good thing is that its open 24hr and has plenty of seating.

I ordered the Minute Steak topped with fried egg and salad for 154b. I checked with the waitress and it seems you can get with beef, pork or chicken and I wanted the beef. She asked for my wellness and I requested medium.

My salad and toast with butter arrived first. Salad was simple with a good mix of raw ingredients and some sort or cheese/cream sauce on top. I wasnt fussed about the sauce but it work well with the rest of the salad.

Main was served about 10 minutes later. The plate consisted of grilled tomato, shoestring fries and a modest cut of strip steak. Steak also had some sort of sauce/gravy on top. 

Steak did have some colour but was definately on the well side of medium. I think I would order medium rare next time. Sauce was a little too salty for my liking but I did finish the entire meal so I cant have been too bad.

Overall, service was good and attentive. They kept filling up my iced water without asking. Its a casual and relaxed dining environment so easy for solo diners who may feel a little perturbed about dining alone. 

Ill definately be back due to the convenience of late night dining and being well priced.

Robx out.

Thai waiters usually don't understand medium rare. Ask for that and expect rare. 

Will this not flood when the rains come as the car park does?

BAD FOODLAND.......open up in Jomtien already, rather that teasing us for years

Putting the word super in front of market seems an injustice.

its the biggest family mart i've ever seen. I'll stick to big C.

I used to go to the one on Soi 5 in Bangkok quite often. The only time I ever ordered Farang food was for breakfast , which was cheap and good without being overly filling. Coffee, juice, toast , eggs , bacon around 69B. If you got there before 9am it was 59B.

That " Mixed Grill " is kind of a joke.... or maybe just named poorly on the menu . Looks like only one item on the plate was actually grilled.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 4:26 AM, SirL said:

Apparently open 24h, which will be handy

Foodland.jpg

Credit to Xylanic for photo.

I think all the Foodlands are open 24/7

I ate at Took La Dee in Bangkok regularly.  I found the food to be of good quality and value pricing.  Even seen a few Thai celebs in there.  Have had the mixed grill as previously described and it was a way bigger portion than the poster here received.

at 24 hours I guess it will compete with places like Kiss and if it is comparable with the Bangkok branches would be better.

I eat at the one on Soi 18 more often than the Soi 5 zoo, usually have the chicken and Cashews.

Retired

• 3 weeks later...

Shopped a couple of times in the supermarket. Find it ok. Reasonable selection & helpful staff.

Ate lunch in restaurant yesterday. Very helpful staff and low prices. Food was fine.

Sweetcorn soup followed by toasted ham & cheese sandwich. 144 baht with free water.

IMG_1956.thumb.JPG.c7552e4db364422d63baf02f947e4c72.JPGIMG_1957.thumb.JPG.0c107da506b5813baa91d12d9cc1af02.JPG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 5/18/2017 at 4:26 AM, SirL said:

Apparently open 24h, which will be handy

Foodland.jpg

Credit to Xylanic for photo.

Very helpful and easy to spot now!

I tried it at Royal.

Had the fried fish with wide noodles in black bean sauce. Kind of a Thai Chinese thing. That was always a favorite of mine at the Klang location. Better than ever.

Took a chance on the oxtail soup. Not cheap at 200. I find eating oxtails kind of gross but it can be delicious and was curious how they did their soup with it. I still can't really say. Kind of also a Thai Chinese style maybe more than western. Rich broth from the bones and served with a large plate of hot chilies and some fake lemon juice to add. Glad I tried it once but their oxtails were even grosser than I remember oxtails being. 

Disappointed that they didn't have the beef shin in a pot dish that used to be advertised at Klang. 

The free water is a nice touch. 

• 4 months later...

I was shopping in here the other day when a big fucking rat fell from the ceiling.. big one, you could here it hit the floor, whuump. The lady standing a few feet away was stunned. LOL

You know what they say, if you see one, there're 1,000 more.

15 hours ago, jiz said:

I was shopping in here the other day when a big fucking rat fell from the ceiling.. big one, you could here it hit the floor, whuump. The lady standing a few feet away was stunned. LOL

You know what they say, if you see one, there're 1,000 more.

almost impossible to stop.   they would chew trough the walls in my restaurant.  patching didnt help, had to put steel wool in before the path

On 7/1/2017 at 09:43, Piece Corp said:

I eat at the one on Soi 18 more often than the Soi 5 zoo, usually have the chicken and Cashews.

The Foodland branch near Asoke is actually located on Soi 16 and it's definitely a much nicer environment than the Soi 5 zoo :wink: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 12:34, The Viking said:

Definately would be great if they made the one on Jomtien. I go to the one on Klang sometimes but it`s a bit of a hassle to drive through the city to do my shopping. Foodland Royal Garden is closer, but I hate parking my car at the shopping malls here, always full.

Wish Foodmart would pick up the glove, but the selection was as crap on Sunday as it`s been since I moved here.

Well you have loads of options to go to Foodland on Beach Road  it’s open 24 Hours I go in early morning about 8am and down in the Car Park there are hardly any cars loads of room.

sure wish they would open in jomtien like they were supposed to a few years ago

21 hours ago, just hanging said:

sure wish they would open in Jomtien like they were supposed to a few years ago

They could make a lot of money in Jomtien area, but is it all about prestige as McDo will not open there eather.

Everything depends on pride and maybe those international chains do not want to locate themselves there.

Just thinking, if falang gould have franchise in Thailand?

1 hour ago, soi16 said:

They could make a lot of money in Jomtien area, but is it all about prestige as McDo will not open there eather.

Everything depends on pride and maybe those international chains do not want to locate themselves there.

Just thinking, if falang gould have franchise in Thailand?

When the demographics reach critical mass, all the chains will arrive in Jomtien. 

• 1 month later...

Fantastic news and will save me the hike to the one on Klang!   My favorite spot when I'm in BKK/Soi 5 area and want a fast/good/cheap meal.  

On 6/4/2017 at 07:03, SLEUTH said:

Will this not flood when the rains come as the car park does?

I wouldn't want to be in there during the next tsunami, thats for sure.

In the Phuket tsunami, a basement supermarket, with all the customers and staff went under water read quick.

They didn't have a chance, the water was as high as the palm trees.

Archived