PSC letter regarding golfer misconduct

farcanal

Not me in the pic,me took the pic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Not me in the pic,me took the pic.

Oh well. Nice photo and you probably play the ball a more forward in the stance than that :).  Course does look stunning. Thanks for the pics. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, maxtroy said:

You cannot expect , you cannot expect , you cannot expect 555 . Sounds like you have set your expectations sufficiently low so as

to not be disappointed . Probably the best approach .

I will add you cannot expect caddies to rake bunkers all the time . You cannot expect caddies to identify your ball everytime . You cannot expect caddies to properly mark balls on the green everytime . You cannot expect caddies not to step on a players putting line everytime . You cannot expect caddies to know the basic rules of golf like not touching the putting surface when showing a suggested line . 

Like I said let's just call them attendants or companions . Certainly works for me . Now i expect them to hand me the club I ask for , don't drive the buggy into the water , clean my clubs and balls and get ice for me at the rest stops. All done with a cheerful smile . 

In return they get 50 baht at the first rest stop to buy their own drink and invariably the money goes in their pocket . At the end of the round they get the easiest 300 baht they have ever earned  .

At the end of the day the caddies are not to blame as they are not properly trained . 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, maxtroy said:

You cannot expect , you cannot expect , you cannot expect 555 . Sounds like you have set your expectations sufficiently low so as

to not be disappointed . Probably the best approach .

I will add you cannot expect caddies to rake bunkers all the time . You cannot expect caddies to identify your ball everytime . You cannot expect caddies to properly mark balls on the green everytime . You cannot expect caddies not to step on a players putting line everytime . You cannot expect caddies to know the basic rules of golf like not touching the putting surface when showing a suggested line . 

Like I said let's just call them attendants or companions . Certainly works for me . Now i expect them to hand me the club I ask for , don't drive the buggy into the water , clean my clubs and balls and get ice for me at the rest stops. All done with a cheerful smile . 

In return they get 50 baht at the first rest stop to buy their own drink and invariably the money goes in their pocket . At the end of the round they get the easiest 300 baht they have ever earned  .

At the end of the day the caddies are not to blame as they are not properly trained . 

Wow....what a load of crap!!................Al of your "cannot expects" I do expect...not sure where you golf

• 2 weeks later...

OK chaps, here's my 2 cents worth.

When I was a holidaymaker coming to LoS on my early trips, I loved having a caddy. The novelty factor is great and it helps make for a unique Thai golfing experience. Often have a few beers on the course (well your on holiday!) and lots of laughs with the caddies.

Fast forward a couple of years and I am now an expat. For the most part, I tolerate the caddies - the novelty has long since worn off. If I were offered them for free, I would choose not to have them - happy to pull my own trolley and i don't need tips on the green for courses I play regularly. Now there are exceptions - Caddy 'Boy' at Burapha is probably the best caddy I have ever seen (single figure player now I believe) and caddy 'Jai' at Ubonratdam is a joy to be with, very bubbly and cheerful + knowledgeable too (she plays off 14 and last year I bought a set of second hand ladies clubs for her).

I get on well with the caddies and treat them with dignity and respect, but to be honest I wish we didn't have to use them at all.

• 5 months later...
On 3/30/2017 at 04:56, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

OK chaps, here's my 2 cents worth.

When I was a holidaymaker coming to LoS on my early trips, I loved having a caddy. The novelty factor is great and it helps make for a unique Thai golfing experience. Often have a few beers on the course (well your on holiday!) and lots of laughs with the caddies.

Fast forward a couple of years and I am now an Expat. For the most part, I tolerate the caddies - the novelty has long since worn off. If I were offered them for free, I would choose not to have them - happy to pull my own trolley and i don't need tips on the green for courses I play regularly. Now there are exceptions - Caddy 'Boy' at Burapha is probably the best caddy I have ever seen (single figure player now I believe) and caddy 'Jai' at Ubonratdam is a joy to be with, very bubbly and cheerful + knowledgeable too (she plays off 14 and last year I bought a set of second hand ladies clubs for her).

I get on well with the caddies and treat them with dignity and respect, but to be honest I wish we didn't have to use them at all.

I couldn't agree more, the only change I would make to the caddie system in thailand would be no advice on the greens allowed...clean my balls, fix the divots, drive my cart, hand me my towel...that's it, if the caddies were not allowed to give advice or their opinion on the greens then all those cranky losers with short tempers would have no reason to verbally abuse them...It would be perfect!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 06:26, loyhasip said:

I couldn't agree more, the only change I would make to the caddie system in thailand would be no advice on the greens allowed...clean my balls, fix the divots, drive my cart, hand me my towel...that's it, if the caddies were not allowed to give advice or their opinion on the greens then all those cranky losers with short tempers would have no reason to verbally abuse them...It would be perfect!

That's a minor problem solved in no time,when you get to the first  Tee just tell her or him you want to read the Greens yourself,problem solved.

On 10/7/2017 at 09:29, not at home said:

That's a minor problem solved in no time,when you get to the first  Tee just tell her or him you want to read the Greens yourself,problem solved.

Nothing wrong with getting the caddie to read the green 1st....and then see if you can see something she can't. If you can, play the ball on YOUR read. And THEN...see how many times you're wrong. And THEN....apologise. :rolleyes:

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

On 10/6/2017 at 19:29, not at home said:

That's exactly what I do....I was talking about the shit heads that ask for advice then verbally abuse them after they have made a horrible stroke...and get all grumpy, I have played with to many of them over the years.

40 minutes ago, loyhasip said:

That's exactly what I do....I was talking about the shit heads that ask for advice then verbally abuse them after they have made a horrible stroke...and get all grumpy, I have played with to many of them over the years.

One of the reasons I stopped ply Golf to many people wanting to change things and to many cheats.

One of the reasons I stopped ply Golf to many people wanting to change things and to many cheats.
It could be a whole new thread about golf cheats

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, not at home said:

It could be a whole new thread about golf cheats

Yep, this is a true story from my golf club years ago.

Bloke named Garth was renowned for cheating.

Committee calls Garth into the captains office and the captain says "Garth, it's come to our attention that there's some cheating going on out on the course"

Garth says "yeah, I've heard that...and when I find out I'll let you blokes know who it is"

True story.

Yep, this is a true story from my golf club years ago.
Bloke named Garth was renowned for cheating.
Committee calls Garth into the captains office and the captain says "Garth, it's come to our attention that there's some cheating going on out on the course"
Garth says "yeah, I've heard that...and when I find out I'll let you blokes know who it is"
True story.
Part of the problem is a lot of people don't know the basic rules like drops and take nicest point of relief rather than nearest point of relief.

I was playing in a Pattaya golf group a couple of years ago and a guy improved the lie of his ball so it was nicely fluffed up and yes it was a competition and yes i told him to put it back down. He looked like a guy caught stealing. He did it again later that round...some people

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Part of the problem is a lot of people don't know the basic rules like drops and take nicest point of relief rather than nearest point of relief.

I was playing in a Pattaya golf group a couple of years ago and a guy improved the lie of his ball so it was nicely fluffed up and yes it was a competition and yes i told him to put it back down. He looked like a guy caught stealing. He did it again later that round...some people

couldn't agree more...as you say...we could have a whole new thread on the subject. Probably the only downside to the caddies around Pattaya. In their endeavours to make their customer's  (golfer) game better, they're inclined to bend the rules a tad. But if I'm in the vicinity I'll pull them up.

Archived