IGNORED

PSC letter regarding golfer misconduct

farcanal

I have just received a letter from the Pattaya Sports Club alerting me of golfer misconduct consisting of club throwing and caddie abuse.

Caddie abuse??....what golfer in his right mind would abuse these lovely ladies?

There are ways to express dissatisfaction of a caddie and abusing her/him ain't one of them.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love throwing shit.

But never at my caddie.:)

Empty cans?

Ooomph,and bottles.

Yes I saw that mail earlier. Makes me wonder who reported an incident(s). I have often seen clubs being thrown usually in disgust but not normally aggressively.

I wonder how they will investigate any reported instances of "caddie abuse" or just take someone's word for it?

One of my regular golf partners blames his caddie for absolutely everything......the fact he is shit doesn't seem to enter into the equation.

I wouldn't say he is abusive though, just a whingeing cunt.

Have to admit we had to have a stern talking to one of our group. Caddies now know him as Mr fuck fuck. He settled after a serve from us all but hard to believe some guys just can't relax even in paradise.

I fucking love golf in Thailand and can even see the funny side of a caddy who knows bugger all despite being there several years. Life is way to short for drama.

One of my regular golf partners blames his caddie for absolutely everything......the fact he is shit doesn't seem to enter into the equation.

I wouldn't say he is abusive though, just a whingeing cunt.

One of my group misses putts and complains his caddie is useless.

She gives him the line and when he misses he just thinks she's given him the wrong line.

It's been bloody hard trying to explain to him that if he hits it too hard or too soft it's going to miss.

And he's 68 and been playing forever.

if the caddie gives you a line and you are not happy with it, why ask?i always suss out the caddies ability early on and see how good he/she is, if i feel they are not up to it i don't ask after that, simple stuff.

if the caddie gives you a line and you are not happy with it, why ask?i always suss out the caddies ability early on and see how good he/she is, if i feel they are not up to it i don't ask after that, simple stuff.

They can only give you the line, ie show you if it breaks left or right.

They have no idea how hard you're going to hit the ball.

I rarely see a caddie give the wrong line.....after all many of them have been at the same golf course for years.

The only good thing about a golf partner who struggles with his emotions lets say , is that it makes us normal golfers appear great and a nice man , and caddies remember always and tell all the other caddies

The only good thing about a golf partner who struggles with his emotions lets say , is that it makes us normal golfers appear great and a nice man , and caddies remember always and tell all the other caddies

Absofuckinlutely......we have our regular caddies and one of them has asked me specifically not to book her for the "grumpy" cunt in our group

A work colleague of mine once threw his caddy into the lake down in Phuket. He was rewarded with a lifetime ban and rightly so.

if anyone throws a hissy fit and throws clubs or abuse in our group...

that will be their last time playing with us.

we are out for fun...

I have a regular caddy at Burapa.  One day she was working for a Korean guy who must have thought all Thai women were available for his enjoyment and he groped her on the course.  

She reported him at the club.  They called him in and the guy running the Korean tour he was part of.  Told him is fine would be 30,000 baht or they could never come back.  He paid.

The biggest shock of all is - they gave HER the money.   :)

They can only give you the line, ie show you if it breaks left or right.

They have no idea how hard you're going to hit the ball.

I rarely see a caddie give the wrong line.....after all many of them have been at the same golf course for years.

Spot on........I prefer the older caddies who have been doing it a long time, they know all the breaks, but as you say if you don't hit at the correct speed that has  nothing to do with the caddy

we are out for fun...

agree totally

A work colleague of mine once threw his caddy into the lake down in Phuket. He was rewarded with a lifetime ban and rightly so.

jeezuz....must have been more than a bad read on the green

A couple of trips ago a couple of us played with a Pattaya society at Supeurproek (sic) up near BKK we were grouped with one player who was off a

4 hcp,about 3 holes in he was playing  bad, the caddie was about 20mt away and rattled a club as he was preparing to play his shot he turned around and gave her a blast and I mean a blast

the next hole he was about to tee off and about 50mt away comes an old lady riding a pushbike with a couple of rakes etc on the bike and the pedals were going squeak, squeak ,squeak

as she rode along , well he turns around  F====king hell blah blah about the old girl on the pushy - well that was it, told the cunt to pull his head in Wanker  Takes all types

we are out for fun...

You get a lot of club throwers do you?

I know a few guys who can't control themselves, abusing caddies, some days worse than others, one day this guy sacked 3 caddies. Proper losers these guys.

Well good to see the PSC take a stand on this although I really think 3 strikes is one to many.

Some months ago there was a situation that arose from a golf day played from the Outback Bar on SCC.

While playing at Burapha one of the players threw his driver towards the caddy she didn't catch it it bounced on the cart path & put a very very very small chip on the top of the club, not the face but the top of the club. I was shown the club at the bar a couple of days later & couldn't even see it without someone pointing it out.

So after the round said golfer complains to Burapha management that she has fucked up his 35,000 baht driver ( yeah right ) so they offer 20,000 baht as compensation. He of course accepts as he had been trying to unload the driver for ages.

Of course where will the 20,000 baht come from the caddy of course. She will be docked her caddy fee from the next rounds till money paid back. In fairness to the Outback management they took the driver & ran a raffle for the club to raise the money. 20 k was raised about 18 hours of it appearing on their website. So caddy debt sorted, took a while to track her down as she wasn't going back to Burapha with that hanging over her head. Anyway all got sorted guys also donated other clubs to be raffled so to give the girl some extra cash for all the shit this dick put her thru.

Now comes the kicker on putting the driver up for raffle it was discovered that the driver was Illegal , non conforming from both USGA & R & A.  So it turns out this bloke was not only a complete wanker but also a cheat. The driver could only be bought thru the internet ( from Japan priced at 13,500 baht  ) & on the web page it clearly states non conforming. Golfer in question is about a 4 handicapper so he knew alright. He is banned from taking part in any more Outback competitions. 

So gents they do walk amongst us but is was great to see the other 99% of guys that go out to enjoy their golf & have a good time rally around the girl that was hard done by.

Maybe not the right place to ask following question, sorry.

I'm interesting to follow golf games on a real green, only as a spectator, can I join a club, become a member,and just accompany the group without playing.

I suppose there will be a fee to pay.

I'm 68+, never played golf.

Thanks.

Who would you rather play with ?

Someone who lets out their frustrations at a missed putt  ( or a made 1 ) , with an expletive ,    

OR ,  someone who thinks they are Casanova & is trying to chat the caddy up , while you are addressing your ball  ?

tbh,  I don't know how some blokes play back in their home country,  asking the caddy up , down , right , left , fast , slow , 

FUCK , most can't hit it where they are told anyway !

PSC should put their efforts in to better prices for the Members, eg  The Club Championships seems pricey for Pattavia  

Who would you rather play with ?

Someone who lets out their frustrations at a missed putt  ( or a made 1 ) , with an expletive ,    

OR ,  someone who thinks they are Casanova & is trying to chat the caddy up , while you are addressing your ball  ?

tbh,  I don't know how some blokes play back in their home country,  asking the caddy up , down , right , left , fast , slow , 

FUCK , most can't hit it where they are told anyway !

PSC should put their efforts in to better prices for the Members, eg  The Club Championships seems pricey for Pattavia  

2950 baht for 2 rounds G/F, caddy, shirt etc & food on presentation night don't see over the top to me. Although why they insist on playing it in high season at a course like that is always beyond me. Better to wait for the low season IMO & have it at one of the better courses. 

I really think that the policing of behaviour on the course should be in the hands of the golfing outlet that is running the daily outing. If someone continually makes a cunt of himself  being abusing caddis, continually touching them up or cheating he should be banned firstly from that bar ( money out the door ) continual misbehaviour  they should have their membership revoked.

I agree that a lot of the holidaying golfers rely & then blame a caddy far to much. I use the same caddy whenever possible at whatever course I am playing, she knows all she gotta do is drive the cart get the ball outta the hole. Have that towel ready when i am sweating me bollocks off as well. As for distances well there are markers & 5 yards aint gunna make much of a difference to me.

Maybe not the right place to ask following question, sorry.

I'm interesting to follow golf games on a real green, only as a spectator, can I join a club, become a member,and just accompany the group without playing.

I suppose there will be a fee to pay.

I'm 68+, never played golf.

Thanks.

I've never seen that and never heard of it. Perhaps the best thing for you to do is start playing golf. Best place is the par 3 course at Asia Pattaya hotel in Pratamak

Archived