Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

PSC letter regarding golfer misconduct

farcanal

Maybe not the right place to ask following question, sorry.

I'm interesting to follow golf games on a real green, only as a spectator, can I join a club, become a member,and just accompany the group without playing.

I suppose there will be a fee to pay.

I'm 68+, never played golf.

Thanks.

Some guys take their girlfriends and depending on the course charges vary - often have to take a cart.

A few years ago one of our golfers wanted to go with his mate to Lam Chebang when the group played there but he wasn't playing due to an injury or something. He was allowed. 

If allowed you would probably have to stay with the one 3/4 ball and not allowed to wander off by yourself. I would suggest trying to "befriend" a golfer or group where it is not too competitive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a great caddy I chat to regularly. Very very good at her job, funny and great English. She has a bloke ring her and book. She say yes but book direct with club which he doesn't. Get to course and someone else has booked her properly and this wanker has a tissy fit and complians to caddy manager.

Dick head happy and caddy gets a 2 day holiday. Not even her fault.

She won't give me arseholes name. Knows me to well I think.

What a loser. Probably a caddy abusing club chucker as well.

Got a great caddy I chat to regularly. Very very good at her job, funny and great English. She has a bloke ring her and book. She say yes but book direct with club which he doesn't. Get to course and someone else has booked her properly and this wanker has a tissy fit and complians to caddy manager.

Dick head happy and caddy gets a 2 day holiday. Not even her fault.

She won't give me arseholes name. Knows me to well I think.

What a loser. Probably a caddy abusing club chucker as well.

Thats why i always book direct with the caddy, up to her if she wants to caddy or not. If the guys book with club as well as being hit and miss it doesn't allow the caddies to avoid the wankers.

Moral to the story, if you are a wanker don't book direct with the golf club.

Thats why i always book direct with the caddy, up to her if she wants to caddy or not. If the guys book with club as well as being hit and miss it doesn't allow the caddies to avoid the wankers.

Some of the clubs you have to book thru them ( unfortunately )

But you are correct if ya a wanker don't book a caddy, for that matter don't play golf.

Lot of clubs force you to book through them not the caddy.  And some require the caddy to accept the booking.  I know a particular individual who is difficult to caddy for who kept booking a caddy.  She kept telling him she didn't want to caddy for him.  So fed up she gave him every single line wrong and daft fuck that he is he didn't get it.  But I think he stopped booking her after that.

Lot of clubs force you to book through them not the caddy. And some require the caddy to accept the booking. I know a particular individual who is difficult to caddy for who kept booking a caddy. She kept telling him she didn't want to caddy for him. So fed up she gave him every single line wrong and daft fuck that he is he didn't get it. But I think he stopped booking her after that.

Which clubs force you to book through them? I realise that's the official line but i always book with the caddies and that 100% works but i book with those i have a good rapport with

Which clubs force you to book through them? I realise that's the official line but i always book with the caddies and that 100% works but i book with those i have a good rapport with

All of the Siams for sure.

All of the Siams for sure.

I think Pattana as well as when i used to book a caddy there she always asked me to book with the course as well.

I was speak

I am speaking of the GOLF COURSES.  I can't tell which ones do or don't but I suspect many have this requirement.  The two courses I have a regular caddy at both mandate bookings got thru the course.  Calling the caddy means nothing.

As Skalliwag said the 3 Siam Courses for sure. Laem Chabang last time I played there. Green Valley for all 3 courses. Phoenix, Burapha.  Not sure about the others as don't have usual caddis there. Last time i played at Emerald a mate rang the course & booked the caddys may not have to but they play there a fair bit & prefer to do it that way.

Most of the anger comes from golfers being misled as to what they are paying for . They should stop calling these people caddies and call then attendants or a similar euphemism so people will understand that this is a make work project or tax on golfers . Regardless of how poorly trained a caddie is there is no justification for the verbal abuse some of them endure . I think if they stop calling them caddies it will give people a clearer understanding of what to expect .

Actual caddies are rare in Thailand . What we get is people that learn to read greens by having watched someone make putts from a similar position several times . Usually they will give you an idea of the break but then look all confused when you ask for pace or speed .  In fact to often lately I have seen caddies tell golfers that they actually don't know what the ball does on the green as they are very new ( and there is no training program ) . Of course there are always exceptions and you will find some keen caddies that take pride in their work and will give you important information like  location of bunkers . OB , water hazards etc. but for the most part you get on the tee and they say nothing . You are in the fairway and they wait for the club request and say nothing and you get up to the green to see you  are in a bunker that wasn't visible from the fairway .

I think a lot of frustration due to expectation would be resolved if they just were honest with golfers and say you are required to pay for an attendant that will keep you company , is hopefully pleasant and if you are lucky can be of assistance with your golf game .

When you have golfed in Thailand long enough and see caddies leaving in an attended pin as the ball hits it and goes in the hole for a two stroke penalty , taking golfers to the wrong ball and not bothering to identify it , not raking bunkers . make irons clank together in a bag as a golfer is about to complete his swing , watch them walk into a golfers line of sight as he is putting and on and on and on you understand calling them caddies is a great exaggeration .

Once you get your head around the fact that they are little more than company and hopefully pleasant company then you will relax your expectations and enjoy the outing .

If they staff golf courses with pleasant attendants and give them the proper designation we would all be better off . Personally i keep the numbers of pleasant caddies and book them the next time I play their course .  

The right attendant can be a fun companion during your round .

Most of the anger comes from golfers being misled as to what they are paying for . They should stop calling these people caddies and call then attendants or a similar euphemism so people will understand that this is a make work project or tax on golfers . Regardless of how poorly trained a caddie is there is no justification for the verbal abuse some of them endure . I think if they stop calling them caddies it will give people a clearer understanding of what to expect .

Actual caddies are rare in Thailand . What we get is people that learn to read greens by having watched someone make putts from a similar position several times . Usually they will give you an idea of the break but then look all confused when you ask for pace or speed . In fact to often lately I have seen caddies tell golfers that they actually don't know what the ball does on the green as they are very new ( and there is no training program ) . Of course there are always exceptions and you will find some keen caddies that take pride in their work and will give you important information like location of bunkers . OB , water hazards etc. but for the most part you get on the tee and they say nothing . You are in the fairway and they wait for the club request and say nothing and you get up to the green to see you are in a bunker that wasn't visible from the fairway .

I think a lot of frustration due to expectation would be resolved if they just were honest with golfers and say you are required to pay for an attendant that will keep you company , is hopefully pleasant and if you are lucky can be of assistance with your golf game .

When you have golfed in Thailand long enough and see caddies leaving in an attended pin as the ball hits it and goes in the hole for a two stroke penalty , taking golfers to the wrong ball and not bothering to identify it , not raking bunkers . make irons clank together in a bag as a golfer is about to complete his swing , watch them walk into a golfers line of sight as he is putting and on and on and on you understand calling them caddies is a great exaggeration .

Once you get your head around the fact that they are little more than company and hopefully pleasant company then you will relax your expectations and enjoy the outing .

If they staff golf courses with pleasant attendants and give them the proper designation we would all be better off . Personally i keep the numbers of pleasant caddies and book them the next time I play their course .

I've had a bunch of really good caddies in Thailand,the rest are attendants.lol.

The good ones I've kept in touch with and continue to use,same.

Best one is a guy at Soi Dao.Ive had him carry for probably 30 rounds up there.

We get along great,he knows every bit of that course and he can read the greens better than me.

He's also a good player,which helps.

Havnt been in a couple,of years but the guys have seen him and he always asks about when I'm coming back.

I take him new shoes and clubs whenever I go back.Hes a super good guy.

I had a Caddie at GV that was really good too,but she left to have a baby.

She was awesome.

The Caddie I had at Amata was really good too.

I have a Bushnell,so I know how far it is,and I've been playing long enough to know what I'm doing.

I just need a pleasant face these days which I seem to get 90% of the time.

I still enjoy a good club chuck,and I will snap a wedge or putter now and then.

I bought new wedges before I left this trip,and gave them all to my Caddie at Crystal Bay cause I didn't hit them well.

Replaced them with Calloway's and that helped.lol.:)

Actual caddies are rare in Thailand . What we get is people that learn to read greens by having watched someone make putts from a similar position several times . Usually they will give you an idea of the break but then look all confused when you ask for pace or speed .  In fact to often lately I have seen caddies tell golfers that they actually don't know what the ball does on the green as they are very new ( and there is no training program ) . Of course there are always exceptions and you will find some keen caddies that take pride in their work and will give you important information like  location of bunkers . OB , water hazards etc. but for the most part you get on the tee and they say nothing . You are in the fairway and they wait for the club request and say nothing and you get up to the green to see you  are in a bunker that wasn't visible from the fairway .

Sorry mate but I have to disagree given my own experience.

The vast majority of the caddies I have had tell me where is OOB, where there is water, bunkers, distance to said obstacles and the break on the greens. I have never seen a caddy neglect to tend the pin on the green when putting.

On the greens you cannot expect your caddy to dictate pace......its either uphill downhill or flat. Likewise you can never expect a caddy to club you as we all hit different yardage.

I do however agree with you that you should just enjoy the experience and accept it as it is.

Pehaps I have been lucky

Back home on our regular course we probably only get the reads right 50% at best but somehow here we (not me) expect the caddies to be right all the time and they mostly don't play golf.

Back home on our regular course we probably only get the reads right 50% at best but somehow here we (not me) expect the caddies to be right all the time and they mostly don't play golf.

Hell tour caddies don't get them all right.   My experience is that the good caddies can read a line to a degree.  Usually at least as good a degree as I can putt.   :P 

Hell tour caddies don't get them all right.   My experience is that the good caddies can read a line to a degree.  Usually at least as good a degree as I can putt.   :P 

We know a couple of tour caddies if these guys would like to rent them for a day.lololol.

How much do you think that would cost?

We know a couple of tour caddies if these guys would like to rent them for a day.lololol.

How much do you think that would cost?

And the question is would the golfer actually listen to the advice given?  My guess is most golfers would still think they can reach that 200 yard par 3 with a 5 iron.   :P

And the question is would the golfer actually listen to the advice given?  My guess is most golfers would still think they can reach that 200 yard par 3 with a 5 iron.   :P

6.Depending.

I just need a pleasant face these days which I seem to get 90% of the time.

I bought new wedges before I left this trip,and gave them all to my Caddie at Crystal Bay cause I didn't hit them well.

Replaced them with Calloway's and that helped.lol. :)

Took me awhile to figure out a pleasant face is what I want on the golf course . I get that and I am happy .

I had a male caddy at Plutalauang last year and as he walked he took out my 56 wedge and would take a few practice swings . Looked good so we got to a part of the course where no one could see him so I dropped a water ball on the turf and said OK let's see you hit it . Mistake . He puts a move on this ball that would make Phil Mickelson jealous .  He fucking ruined that club for me . 

I could never hit it again as it had been spoiled by a real golf swing 555 .

Sorry mate but I have to disagree given my own experience.

The vast majority of the caddies I have had tell me where is OOB, where there is water, bunkers, distance to said obstacles and the break on the greens. I have never seen a caddy neglect to tend the pin on the green when putting.

On the greens you cannot expect your caddy to dictate pace......its either uphill downhill or flat. Likewise you can never expect a caddy to club you as we all hit different yardage.

I do however agree with you that you should just enjoy the experience and accept it as it is.

Pehaps I have been lucky

You cannot expect , you cannot expect , you cannot expect 555 . Sounds like you have set your expectations sufficiently low so as

to not be disappointed . Probably the best approach .

I will add you cannot expect caddies to rake bunkers all the time . You cannot expect caddies to identify your ball everytime . You cannot expect caddies to properly mark balls on the green everytime . You cannot expect caddies not to step on a players putting line everytime . You cannot expect caddies to know the basic rules of golf like not touching the putting surface when showing a suggested line . 

Like I said let's just call them attendants or companions . Certainly works for me . Now i expect them to hand me the club I ask for , don't drive the buggy into the water , clean my clubs and balls and get ice for me at the rest stops. All done with a cheerful smile . 

In return they get 50 baht at the first rest stop to buy their own drink and invariably the money goes in their pocket . At the end of the round they get the easiest 300 baht they have ever earned  .

At the end of the day the caddies are not to blame as they are not properly trained . 

On 23/02/2017 at 3:20 PM, Skalliwag said:
On 23/02/2017 at 3:18 PM, Harry Brown said:

Empty cans?

Ooomph,and bottles.

Full bottles?.

Robw

Skalli. I see your reference to your caddy at Amata.  Is it difficult to get on there. I've heard it's stunning and only tried on a weekend for a morning game before flight but told weekend members only.

6 hours ago, Milf4me said:

Skalli. I see your reference to your caddy at Amata.  Is it difficult to get on there. I've heard it's stunning and only tried on a weekend for a morning game before flight but told weekend members only.

Members only and guests I believe.

guy I know is friend with the director of golf and we played the week after Stenson won.

unbelievable condition,Rough was horrendous.

Was really really cool.Like....really cool.

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8065.JPG

IMG_8066.JPG

IMG_8067.JPG

Amata is similar to Siam Old, both are wide open, and rely on the rough and greens to make them challenging.

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

Members only and guests I believe.

guy I know is friend with the director of golf and we played the week after Stenson won.

unbelievable condition,Rough was horrendous.

Was really really cool.Like....really cool.

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8065.JPG

IMG_8066.JPG

IMG_8067.JPG

Hmmm!  Those are nice friends to have.  If that's you in the photo nice setup. Course looks great. Going to have to work on my plan to get there.  This and Nikanti, which an ex pro friend has played many times, are both on the too do list. Due to do Royal Gems again which must have improved after playing 3 years ago.

Thanks Skalli you have definitely increased my resolve to get there. 

Cheers. 

Thanks to scuba.  A little bit of room is nice but I'm a sick bastard and actually enjoy courses that penalise you for hitting it in the wrong place.  It's a bit like taking a dude barfine home for me. My fault ,  just suck it up and make the most of you can.

Same same, also why jerking off and 3 putting are the same. You hate yourself at the time but you know you're going to do it again!!!

Hit'em long and straight boys.

Archived