IGNORED

Whats your ideal car to own for home and Thailand

Twonk

If you had the choice of car under 80k$£, what would you choose to to own at home and Thailand

Home i'd have the VW Toran R

vw_zpskbbqqguq.jpg

For Thailand I'd have the Ford ranger raptor

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-front-side_zpsu1aetg3

FORD stands for Fucked On Race Day Here in Kangaroo country.

FIAT Fix It Again Tony 

Toyota Tacoma crew cab 4x4

F.O.R.D stands for Found On Road Dead

Tacoma is excellent. Ford truck is intially good but parts maybe an issue and they decline in quality faster than the Toyota.

Home---Yugo or Pinto

LOS--Nothing but a Proton

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10 (left) or 9 (right) for both home and in Thailand but i don't know which one i would pick, need to have a test drive first.

IMGP1462.JPG

What do you guys think is better? Did anyone here have driven these cars? I know the 10 is a lot newer but new is not always better.

Home is my 64 GTO ... In Thailand I fly ... No way I would drive a car her

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you are in pattaya anything bigger than a honda click 125 is a complete waste of time (forget any sort of car). Easy to park, no traffic jams..... perfect.

12 Pints in Know it all

Yes, I can never understand why people drive these huge 4wd around narrow pattaya streets. Maybe small penis syndrome ?

Yes, I can never understand why people drive these huge 4wd around narrow pattaya streets. Maybe small penis syndrome ?

Cos you cant brush three + hand holding Indians off a soi with a scooter ;)

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

This is what I drive here in Oz, the Prado my daily commute to work and back. The CLK my weekend cruiser. Would love to have these in LOS, I'd use the CLK in Pattaya and the Prado up country for driving around in the TGF's village.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

I got a Honda Jazz nine years ago new, still going fine. Perfect for Pattaya and BKK.

For long trips including Laos, recently got an old Mitsubishi Strada, 4WD, 4 door pickup truck.....

Good combination.

The truck is a bit of a nuisance in Pattaya, being manual, but great for open road long distance, and can handle very bad Laos roads, the Jazz is reallly easyin small streets and parking lots, and holds a lot more then it seems from the outside.

This basically  ^^

Thailand one size does not fit all

You need a choice

Personally:

Juke

Ranger

Twist n go

Ebay uk has a T54 for sale for £30000 ideal for Thailand.5555

Perfect for poor to almost non-existent roads and with 900mm wading depth its got to besc-ms2_293-191269_450x259.jpg?v=1

The only problem is the 6,000,000 baht price.

Its not good for narrow Soi,s and weaving through traffic or small parking spaces but so what.

If it breaks down and you have trouble getting it fixed then just buy another one because if you've got 6m for a car money isn't tight.

Perfect for poor to almost non-existent roads and with 900mm wading depth its got to besc-ms2_293-191269_450x259.jpg?v=1

The only problem is the 6,000,000 baht price.

Its not good for narrow Soi,s and weaving through traffic or small parking spaces but so what.

If it breaks down and you have trouble getting it fixed then just buy another one because if you've got 6m for a car money isn't tight.

Skoda gave me tickets for Goodwood Festival of Speed a few years ago went round an obstacle course with a test driver in one very nice.

Tacoma is excellent. Ford truck is intially good but parts maybe an issue and they decline in quality faster than the Toyota.

Why? Ford Rangers are built here in Thailand.

In fact, the Rangers sold in Australia and much of SE Asia come from Thailand. 

Have you never seen the floods in pattaya?

Agreed.  I like ford sheet metal and bodies but their parts choices do not last like a Toy.  Fit and finish, tolerances or build quality... no comparison.

Here, we see many of the old Tacoma's and Hi lux pickups still on the road and the old square Rangers are in the parts yards or F.O.R. Dead.

• 3 months later...

Last car in the UK were a very reliable, high mileage BMW 735, sold to a mate. 2014 bought an Isuzu and it is a great workhorse.  Drives from my home in Chaiyaphum to Pattaya and back 900+ km's and still a 1/3 diesel left in the tank. 

Oppo Phone 1874.jpg

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

At home I have a 2007 Mazda MX-5 2.0L (It's more fun driving a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow) as a daily driver, a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe for carrying stuff and a rotissoried 1957 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe with an 8.2 liter V8 for Sunday drives. I can afford pretty much any car I want and the above does it for me. It's a Honda Click in Patters. 

IMG_0819 (1).JPG

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Living in Pattaya and having  TG with her own home and family in Issan,  I have 2 of the 3 vehicles I need, 1st is a good size motorbike; 135 Yamaha Nouvo, gets me around town most days no problem, 2nd is a truck with a nice back end capable of hauling construction material or farm supplies, etc (Mitsubishi Triton with a CNG tank), the only vehicle missing is a Toyota Camry 2.0, decked out with high end stereo system, tint windows and killer rims.

Archived