IGNORED

What's your fav route for a walk?

Clem Fandango

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from a walk started at 07:00 it's the only way it's not just to avoid the heat but also the sun,have to go to bed early,alone and sober it's the price you pay,plenty of options for fun in the afternoon/evening.I am in Jomtien.

I would explore the options of a walk at the end of Walking Street up the hill it's no fun walking in the streets full of traffic it will probably do you more harm than good.

I have been known to slap on a speedo and jog from the Bali Hai pier to the Sanctuary of Truth, then back again.  A brisk eight miles on the sand, which is pretty much only doable during a low tide.  It is a great workout with lots of view of Russian ladies in thong bottoms.  The sand is quite coarse, so wear your scuba booties.  There's lots of Russian blokes in speedos, so I feel right at home. 

Up beach road, along Walking Street, turn left up past the go cart track, turn right for th short cut up Bush Mountain where the buses park, then up the road to the cop shop on the corner.  Two options from there... 

Hard

up the steps straight ahead, all the way to the big budda on the top of the hill, or

Easy

go right and follow the track around behind the Pattaya sign

Than back down.

I stay near Tuk.com in South Pattaya and do long walks regularly after dark.

Start at 20:00 walk north all along Soi Bua Khao, then down Pattaya Klang to Second Rd, then following Second Rd up to North Pattaya and Dolphin roundabout walk up NahKleua Rd until end of barareas, then cross the street and u-turn back to Dolphin roundabout and walk south on Second Rd on the opposite side, down to Soi 6 and walk to Beach Rd all the way down to Walking Street.

Takes about 2 hours with pitstops at various 7/eleven.

Then I finish off cooling down with soda water/orange juice in a few aircon GoGo bars, before walking back home! 

If not to hot I sometimes do the same walk in daytime, or take a bathbus parts of the way.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

When was the last time it was 100 degrees f/37c in Pattaya? 

Everytime I take the twist n go out of late the Temp is 37 c and up. It hit 40c a couple of days ago

37%20degree.jpg

Beach Rd...Soi 1 to Walking St and a well earned cold one in the beer garden

The length of Jomtien Beach from Soi 5 to the seafood restaurants at the end and back. 

Four times the length of Pattaya Beach from the entrance of Walking Street to north end before the road swings right and up.

Jomtien Soi 5 to Pattaya Klang via Third Road and Soi Bahkau(sp) and back.

All walks start before 07:30 to avoid sun, heat and traffic. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Up and down Beach Road is always a good walk - there's enough space to keep up a good pace (need to keep the heart rate up), and plenty of places for pit stops if required.

I haven't walked much on my previous trips, but I remember it was a big part of my earlier trips and I managed to lose about 3-5kg each trip. With all the night time drinking and eating that was a bloody top effort.

Got some right good ideas for my rambles about Pattaya now.

Cheers to everyone.

If you see a white Scotsman sweating like a hooker on a busy night,walking about the said routes in May say hi!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I'm a big fan of power-walking as well. 

I always just walk out my current accommodation and walk anywhere-explore as I go and adjust to the better sidewalk of choice.  Staying in Jomtien does put one in better walking areas.  When staying in central, I usually end up taking beach road to Dusi-tan, then into North or Naklua roads, sidestreets and that way.  Due to traffic I try to do it as early as possible and be done by 11ish.  Walking can introduce one to many new places to try later. 

I walk a lot in Pattaya but like to be heading somewhere rather than just walking for the sake of it.... to hot for that and I'm skinny enough not to need the exercise.

Other than that the only relaxing walk I know is along the Beach Rd promenade.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the good ideas. I always do a lot of walking around exploring different areas with an eye out looking for that diamond.

I don't really have a favorite walking route. What I like to do is walk around parts of town I haven't been in for a while.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2017 at 3:07 PM, Joethescot said:

How do you guys deal with the humidity when walking? Funny we don't get much humidity here in scotland. Just pissing down rain and a cold wind that cuts right through you.

I expect the one reply of "by sitting in an air conditioned bar"

You can avoid the humidity if you walk really early in the morning just as the sun comes up or walk around inside the mall.  If you aren't going to do that stay hydrated and walk on the shady side of the street if you can.

I like two main circuits:

Beach Road -> Central -> 3rd Road -> South -> Beach Road (The Small Circle)

Beach Road -> North Road -> Sukhumuvit -> South Road -> Beach Road (The Big Circle)

Both give me lots of things to see (some nature, watch the every day 'normal' people doing their jobs, lots of shops to look at).  Also, logistically, you are always near a 7-11/family mart if you need a drink (avoids carrying water).  And are near places with motobikes if need a fast ride back home suddenly.  And there are various useful pit stops at Tesco/BigC/etc. if you need a washroom break.

For something more 'calm', I also like:

Central -> Cross Train Tracks -> Keep Going till you find the elephant village -> Back

(This can be a long walk, but you get to enjoy the quite / village like views of Thailand).

And of course, another interesting walk (bit harder now as I think its closed but it might open up again):

Beach Road -> Beach till you hit the Sanctuary of Truth, then back along Nakula.

Longest walk I've taken so far:

Beach Road -> Dolphin -> Nakula till the END of this road (it seems to end at a condo).  Then back.

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

For something more 'calm', I also like:

Central -> Cross Train Tracks -> Keep Going till you find the elephant village -> Back

(This can be a long walk, but you get to enjoy the quite / village like views of Thailand).

Hi Jaybird, thanks for sharing.

A question on this part of the post...so take Central road to Sukhumvit? where from there is the Elephant village?  Is it a different place than the zoo I visit (touristy-I know, but still fun)?  sounds like an interesting walk, and I often go 2 hours, so am always looking for a new route with cool stuff to look at.

Thanks

Try this link:

https://goo.gl/maps/pwNWnWmadeH2

Basically, past sukhumuvit on Sukhumuvit pattaya 53 which turns into Soi Noen Phlap Whan   (coming up central its the nearest 'big main road' on the other side of Sukhumuvit.  Follow it forever until you get to a cross section (almost a major intersection), turn right towards a school.. keep going down the road... dont' be afraid of the road getting smaller.  Try not to look at the wild dogs that are loose and growling and be ready to run quickly, then.. elephant village!

The elephant village is a nice place to spend a couple hours if you time it right for their show.

IT's a nice 15km walk (there and back again).

On the way back there is a market where you can pick up some food to munch on.  You deserve it after that walk!  Also the whole route has the occasional 7-11, or Mini Big C or some mom&pop shop with M150 in the fridge. 

Very little traffic.   Although sometimes there's a loose cow.  Don't know why... but I do know why Thai Beef doesn't taste good.

Google pedometer is a good website for measuring distances you have walked, just put pattaya in search bar and click on your start point and then click around your route and it will come up with the distance in miles or kilometres.

On ‎26‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 9:07 PM, Joethescot said:

How do you guys deal with the humidity when walking? Funny we don't get much humidity here in scotland. Just pissing down rain and a cold wind that cuts right through you.

I expect the one reply of "by sitting in an air conditioned bar"

I sweat a lot..

Just accept it's hot and drink water and electrolytes.

Only ok walk is along beach road, Ive walked ws to Wongamat, although the shortcut along the ocean at the end of br was a bit scrambly last time I was there.

Install an android app like "map my ride" on your phone. It will map your route which is handy to look at after. There is a "walking" option. Shows calories too.
1a6c9fbfa441f400b93408743baf6900.jpg

Ive always walked along beach rd from one end to the other then return.   Or just go exploring , so much to see and so many characters along the way.. Im planning to walk every day when i arrive in may.

METAL4LIFE  FACEBOOK GROUP

JOIN NOW AND LONG LIVE METAL !!!!

NEW MUSIC VIDEO'S ADDED DAILY.

CLICK LINK BELOW TO JOIN.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315703808815218/

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, westie1 said:

I usually stay diana oasis soi buakhao

I walk/run from there towards second road.

Head down Soi honey and turn right .

Then I go to dolphin roundabout .

Take left and head to beach road.

Come all the wAy down beach road to walking street.

Go up to second road, then make my way back to soi buakhao.

Good walk/run

Simliar to mine as I usually stay in LK Metro ecept I usually walk along Walking Street and way down near the pier. sometimes I'll walk down towards the Koh Larn ferry.

Archived