IGNORED

What's your fav route for a walk?

Clem Fandango

I'm have been on a serious health kick since coming back to Scotland from my holiday in pattaya last August. I have lost a fair bit of weight and have done this via eating better and walking. I don't run or do any other exercise apart from going for a long walk 3-4 miles 3 times a week. It's long for me and perhaps short for others. This has helped me lost 3 stone in 6 months.

I am coming back in May and I know I will over eat and drink so I want to keep my 3 walks a week up at the very least. I will be playing golf however I will use a cart for that. I'm staying at the D hotel on Soi B,near central road.

What routes should I take for my walks. I want to start and end at my hotel. I have used google maps and have some ideas. However would be good to hear everyone's input and thoughts on routes and what to do and not to do with the humidity?

Thanks in advance

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, Go out of your hotel and start walking, it isn't rocket science right?

Thanks for your input. I was looking to see if anyone had any specific areas which they enjoy walking in.

However as I said thanks for your input.

My favourite walk is along the beachfront in Jomtien - but that's not much help to you :-)

Given the state of the pavements, you're probably best heading to Beach Road and using the promenade. It's wider and less cluttered than other pavements.

Quieter going North but not very far. I don't know what it's like if you continue towards Naklua.

You could head south, continue along WS to Bali Hai. Even go up Pratumnak if you feel like.

Better than heading inland.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

My favourite walk is along the beachfront in Jomtien - but that's not much help to you :-)

Given the state of the pavements, you're probably best heading to Beach Road and using the promenade. It's wider and less cluttered than other pavements.

Quieter going North but not very far. I don't know what it's like if you continue towards Naklua.

You could head south, continue along WS to Bali Hai. Even go up Pratumnak if you feel like.

Better than heading inland.

Thanks man I was looking at down central road along to south road up it and back along Soi B. Can always stop at a cafe or 7/11 for a water.

I plan on visiting Jomtien this trip so may actually go for a walk along the front there and bhat bus back up.

Thanks for your help.

Walking street

Aye at 3am with a honey on my arm!!

Haha down Soi 6 isn't a good idea might not get any further. You know I'm sexy man haha

Can take pit stop there.

Can take pit stop there.

Good idea burn off some calories ;)

I usually stay diana oasis soi buakhao

I walk/run from there towards second road.

Head down Soi honey and turn right .

Then I go to dolphin roundabout .

Take left and head to beach road.

Come all the wAy down beach road to Walking Street.

Go up to second road, then make my way back to soi buakhao.

Good walk/run

Suggest you take a baht buss to Dolphin Circle and walk Beach Road back to your hotel. Should be around 3-4 miles

I tend to stay somewhere near LK Metro and walk all around central Pattaya.  Walking during the day is a little difficult because of the heat so I usually wait until the sun goes down.  There isn't much to say about walking the "normal areas".  On my next trip I might try taking the baht bus to Jomtien or Nakula and walking back.  Walking to the Dark Side might be a good if I had any idea of where to go.  

Suggest you take a baht buss to Dolphin Circle and walk Beach Road back to your hotel. Should be around 3-4 miles

That's a good idea might even walk home one night from the Barracuda which Is just the other side and up 500 meter of Dolphin roundabout.

Come all the wAy down beach road to walking street.

Good walk/run

Westie,thanks for that idea. I'm really getting spoilt for choice from all the replies.

I tend to stay somewhere near LK Metro and walk all around central Pattaya. Walking during the day is a little difficult because of the heat so I usually wait until the sun goes down. There isn't much to say about walking the "normal areas". On my next trip I might try taking the baht bus to Jomtien or Nakula and walking back. Walking to the Dark Side might be a good if I had any idea of where to go.

It's a good way of seeing things is walking. Specially when like I it will only be my 2nd trip to pattaya.

Come all the wAy down beach road to walking street.

Good walk/run

I am worn out just reading it.

From soi 8 to Wongamat beach Naklua, or soi 8 Naklua to fish market Naklua and back. 

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

It's just one lng lap :-)

I know but the thought of walking it in 100 degree heat makes me extremely tired and not fit for purpose. 55555

How do you guys deal with the humidity when walking? Funny we don't get much humidity here in scotland. Just pissing down rain and a cold wind that cuts right through you.

I expect the one reply of "by sitting in an air conditioned bar"

I know but the thought of walking it in 100 degree heat makes me extremely tired and not fit for purpose. 55555

When was the last time it was 100 degrees f/37c in Pattaya? 

When was the last time it was 100 degrees f/37c in Pattaya?

37.7 degrees celsius on the 21st April 2015 @2.19pm.

I'm pretty consistent in where I walk each day on my trips.

I usually stay near one of the soi 13's on second road near Central Festival or Avenue complex.

If I feel like working out, then I'll walk to Tony's on third road around 6 or 7 in morning. There and back is like 2 miles round trip.

Then for lunch around noon I'll walk over to Central. I'll walk around mall and then either go back to hotel or take bus to Soi 6. If I'm in mood I'll even walk to Soi 6.

At night I'll either take bus to Walking Street or walk there, and walk all up and down the street.

Boring but those are my favorite walks.

Of course I'll have some variety. Some days I'll walk to Soi LK, others just walk up and down length of beach road.

So as you can see, that's why I lose weight easily in Pattaya. Everyday without even thinking about it, I average an easy 3-5 miles walk everyday.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

First congratulations OP on your progress.

You can't beat a morning walk on beach road, super relaxing and refreshing.

Personally I get bored with cardio so my trick is exploration walk. If I wake up early or have 2 hours to kill before gogos open; I go to new area where I don't usually hangout (Naklua, jometien, 3rd road, pattaya klang,...). I found that this way not only I walk a lot more without feeling distance or time, but also I got to know many nice places that I had no idea about.

First congratulations OP on your progress.

You can't beat a morning walk on beach road, super relaxing and refreshing.

Personally I get bored with cardio so my trick is exploration walk. If I wake up early or have 2 hours to kill before gogos open; I go to new area where I don't usually hangout (Naklua, jometien, 3rd road, pattaya klang,...). I found that this way not only I walk a lot more without feeling distance or time, but also I got to know many nice places that I had no idea about.

Diggsy, thanks for the nice words at the beginning. I have found walking a nice way to not only drop some weight but clear the mind.

I'm thinking I am gonna head out up into Nakalu on bhat bus get off and walk back to hotel. Never been out that way. I make it sound like it's the other side of the world when it's just the other side of the roundabout.

Archived