IGNORED

Gulf Air 31st December.....

Harvey707

The delay is showing on Flight Status now.

In Bahrain now. We have just been plain unlucky. Just spoke to Ground Handling who redirected me to transfer desks. Aircraft undergoes 1.5 hour check once a month and sods law it just happens to be tonight.

They have given me additional expenses sheet to submit via Email

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventually took off 05.10 am instead of 02.00 scheduled.... Pushed back little earlier and guy has had epileptic fit. Aircraft put back on stand passenger offloaded after doctor came on board but took an age to find his bag.

No entertainment whatsover just moving map. Absolute shight never ever again

Had to buy new Coack ticket to boot. Now NE only amendable if within 1 hour of original ticket unless you got fully flex. Before it was same day changes no problems

Time I get Newquay am looking at 37 hours door to door bloody nuts. Stuck at Heathrow until 11.50

Time to revert to Eva me thinks

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The joys of travel.

One of the reasons I will spend more to ease the journey if I can.

Too many bad experiences in the past.

Definately Eva from now on. Am already booked on Oman back out early March but bookings September onwards back to Eva. I'm tall so I like a break but getting too much

Thanks for the bad news update, I fly with Gulf next week. 

I am flying Business Class but that wont help with the bad customer service, spot check, delays and sick people.

I flew business class last trip late Dec to mid Jan on Gulf was on time no hassles .I got a good price on the ticket but to be honest not worth the saving compared to Eva or Emirates . Trying Thai air next trip 

Thanks for the bad news update, I fly with Gulf next week. 

I am flying Business Class but that wont help with the bad customer service, spot check, delays and sick people.

Business Class had no entertainment likewise on the motor I was on. I went and looked !!  Seriously I'll never fly these again whatsoever. I could add another 101 issues over the 4 flights but pointless. I flew them in 2002 same routing and said never again.,,,should have observed it

They have now gone to the bottom of my 27 airline list that I travelled to Thailand on and their are some real speciality acts ike Biman, Phuket Air (aircraft impounded at Gatwick after I flew them) and Uzbekistan airways on that list

In this day and age of the worldwide internet that offers a plethora of information you should ask yourself WHY! did I book Gulf air.

Just a quick simple search on reviews highlights the many problems that would make me steer well clear of them.

You only have yourself to blame,doubly so given the seasoned traveller you are.

In this day and age of the worldwide internet that offers a plethora of information you should ask yourself WHY! did I book Gulf air.

Just a quick simple search on reviews highlights the many problems that would make me steer well clear of them.

You only have yourself to blame,doubly so given the seasoned traveller you are.

Because for the date I flew they were some £200 cheaper than all the other carriers on the day I booked.....They have never in recent times come in lower than Oman Qatar or Etihad. First time ever and wasn't lookin a gift horse in the mouth. After I booked I went back into site 2 hours later and price was gone. None of 4 sectors was remotely full. I suspect big error on pricing

No entertainment at all? Was there a fault or is that the norm? That's the one thing that gets me through a long trip.

No entertainment at all? Was there a fault or is that the norm? That's the one thing that gets me through a long trip.

There must have been a fault as there was entertainment in Biz when I flew with them a few weeks ago.

Not exactly a huge choice but something.

Moving map display only. Aircraft had been switched (wasnt aware of that when I updated). Only found out today have been offered $150 compensation for the unannounced rescheduling. I boned Travel Trolley over it and they emailed me at 1pm today to which I responded and accepted

There must have been a fault as there was entertainment in Biz when I flew with them a few weeks ago.

Not exactly a huge choice but something.

As above aircraft switched but was Gulf Livery.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew with Gulf Air on 15th Feb LHR BKK THE ticket price £1100 Business Class.

To be honest I could not fault them apart from BC passengers have to que with all other passengers to board plane.

Staff were polite and courteous in biz lounges and on the planes. The plane left and arrived on time and the food was good both legs.

Overall a very good flight at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Are the seats between BAH and BKK proper lie flat or angled lie flat?

I'm flying with them for Songkran and have a really tight connection so am interested in did anyone fly business with Gulf have trouble getting a premium lane pass. I've read that they do issue them but have been known to run out.

You don't need a pass for the Premium Lane in Bahrain you just show your Biz Boarding Card. There was a queue. The Economy lane had a very long queue. There was also security screening at the gate for the connection coming back - they even swabbed hands/shoes for some passengers. I went straight from one plane to the other on the way back and it took about 50 minutes. As it happened, the London flight was late leaving anyway as the flight time that night was reduced.

They were VERY short of Premium Passes at Bangkok. I was the the last passenger to get one - only about 5 or 6 people had gone ahead of me getting off the plane.

They had plenty at LHR but the Premium queue there is often slower than the electronic queue anyway!

I 'think' the seats are fully flat. I'm never comfortable when I fully recline so didn't actually check. The bloke next to me seemed to be horizontal when I had to climb over him to go to the loo.

Both flights had the same seats & same layout.

Edit: I did a review here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307555-gulf-air-business-class/

Are the seats between BAH and BKK proper lie flat or angled lie flat?

I'm flying with them for Songkran and have a really tight connection so am interested in did anyone fly business with Gulf have trouble getting a premium lane pass. I've read that they do issue them but have been known to run out.

^

Thanks for the info.

As I said before I've a very short connection to a flight to Khon Kaen, an hour and ten minutes. Think I'll book BFS transfer service with the golf buggy and keep the Gulf premium card for another time. As I'll have only cabin bags I should make it if the flight arrives on time especially as Thai Smile do on-line check-in now.

Another quick question, how fascist are they about the weight of your cabin baggage at Heathrow?

My flight into BKK was only 5 hours and 20 minutes late

:-)

They didn't even look at my cabin luggage.

Heh, cheers.

So some good news and some not so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, been checking the punctuality of this flight for a few weeks using flightstats.com and basically it us over an hour late more than 50% of the time into Suvarnabhumi. 

Not sure what to do about this. I have a premium economy ticket with Thaismile to Khon Kaen  which normally would not be a problem but the flights on April 13th are selling out. Thought about just jumping in a taxi but the roads could still be pretty bad that day and I can barely manage the five and a half hour trip after a flight so being stuck in a traffic jam is a no no. Buses will be all booked up and the traffic again. I ain't going into Bangkok or Pattaya for the night at Songkran. 

Strangely the flight departure time alters just before I fly and the new scheduled flight time is 40 minutes longer. Same aircraft and it does not seem to be a seasonal adjustment as the new timings came up on random flights from now until next January. Can only think they are trying to make the flight appear to be late less often but not sure. 

Archived