Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Gulf Air 31st December.....

Harvey707

Just checked in for both sectors and London Bahrain only 2 seats available on the sector. Fortunately one was an aisle seat so snapped that right into the system promptly BUT the Bahrain Bangkok sector is wide open with only around 10% of seats allocated.

As it was allowing check in from 36 hours (officially 24) clearly second sector is clearly very quiet through to Bangkok

Roll on tomorrow night and CEB here I come....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the fog!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Good luck with the fog!

Yeah dont I know it !!   Its looking fairly "ok" at the moment at Heathrow but its a late departure at just before 22.00 so if flights are being delayed could well get overnighted

Bahrain was closed due to fog last week as well :-)

Never in all my years of trips to Bangkok have I seen such fuckwittery from Check in staff......using the snake system they have just two desks open and after 40 minutes I've moved from 3rd waiting to 1st.

How the fuck do so many people take so long FFS when checking in. Bang Bag on Scales. Passport to agent aisle or window. Simple not with these clowns. Theres a reason I havent flowm them since 2001 after saying never again and its all coming back

Your hand luggage too heavy sir when I finally get there..... About 6 Kgs say I thinking WTF is this Semi Burkha dressed women banging on about...... No 13kg she says and I'm looking for the camera thinking this Game for a Laugh. What you got in it she says....laptop say I.....ok thats gotta go in checked luggage.....No its not go get supervisor I say......Before Burkha has a chance to get in first I ask the supervisor is that 13kg offering it to him......lifting he says no at which point I say tell her that.....Machine says 13kg she says.....I'm getting irate very rare but I am.....weigh it on another check in say I.....over it goes 6.8kg.....!!

Get on with it please I got Girls waiting for me I say with with straight face.......3 fucking times she tells me the Gate is long way from departure lounge.....On the 3rd time I inform her I heard the first time at which passport and boarding cards slammed down on top...... This flights gonna be shight I can feel it coming....will report back

I've flown with them loads of times and always found them to be reasonably professional -maybe burka girl was just new? I mean, have you seen the size of some peoples carry on luggage from Bahrain? It would make any European airline staff have a nervous breakdown.

Enjoy your trip.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

I've flown with them loads of times and always found them to be reasonably professional -maybe burka girl was just new? I mean, have you seen the size of some peoples carry on luggage from Bahrain? It would make any European airline staff have a nervous breakdown.

Enjoy your trip.

lol Ive seen the size of the carry ons from Heathrow for sure !

Never ever even if free would I go on Gulf again. Seriously by some margin the worst experience ever from start to finish. The most appalling flight crew on both legs most appalling food ever, hard seats (pitch was ok) I could go only for hours

1/10 and thats being generous

I guess you still have to fly them on the way back, better you buy a pillow or two to soften the pain. Btw. how much did you safe by flying them compared with a better Airline?

Never ever even if free would I go on Gulf again. Seriously by some margin the worst experience ever from start to finish. The most appalling flight crew on both legs most appalling food ever, hard seats (pitch was ok) I could go only for hours

1/10 and thats being generous

Harvey, it sounds like you have had a mare mate.  At least you got there in one piece anyway.  I will see you in a couple of weeks and buy you a cold one mate.

I guess you still have to fly them on the way back, better you buy a pillow or two to soften the pain. Btw. how much did you safe by flying them compared with a better Airline?

No issue on safety woud be my thoughts. I really could go on for hours though about how shight that was. You know I'm comparing with the dregs here Biman Bangladash, Uzbekistan Airways Tarom, Areoflot and so on.

It was that bad really honestly. Yes I will use return ticket having said that. One way home from here would cost me more than the £379 I paid return

Harvey, it sounds like you have had a mare mate.  At least you got there in one piece anyway.  I will see you in a couple of weeks and buy you a cold one mate.

ok mate will look forward to it

Hi Harvey

Sorry to here about your nightmares with Gulf Air only hope you don't get any flight delays that

will make you even more upset than you are now.

Glad i will be flying with Etihad in March and again in May no such problems with check-ins hopefully.

Hi Harvey

Sorry to here about your nightmares with Gulf Air only hope you don't get any flight delays that

will make you even more upset than you are now.

Glad i will be flying with Etihad in March and again in May no such problems with check-ins hopefully.

Nah there were no delays out of Heathrow or Bahrain. Actually pushed back early in London. Not upset at all just bewildered how a legacy carrier can be that bad all round

As that was first time I have ever seen them cheaper than Oman Etihad Qatar or Emirates unlikely I would ever book again anyway even if it had been pretty good

• 1 month later...

The useless fuckwittery turdburglers have rescheduled the Bahrain London flight to two and half hours later tomorrow. Just gone to check in and not only wont the site let me change seats allocated but times have changed.

I simply cannot make connection in London onwards. I have no notification from Gulf or the agent Travel Trolley who always in the past have notified even if only 5 minutes change in time.

This will make door to door now at best 32 hours if I'm lucky as have to go right down into Cornwall

Rang Travel Trolley who have said they'll ring me back. Am never using these wankers ever again Gulf. What did I put in the OP !!

The useless fuckwittery turdburglers have rescheduled the Bahrain London flight to two and half hours later tomorrow. Just gone to check in and not only wont the site let me change seats allocated but times have changed.

I simply cannot make connection in London onwards. I have no notification from Gulf or the agent Travel Trolley who always in the past have notified even if only 5 minutes change in time.

This will make door to door now at best 32 hours if I'm lucky as have to go right down into Cornwall

Sorry to hear that.

When my BAH-BKK flight was delayed I got both a text and email from Gulf. I was sat in LHR Biz lounge at the time and, when I went to check, their staff there didn't know about the delay until I told them!

I couldn't choose seats online either nor even check in online!

Sorry to hear that.

When my BAH-BKK flight was delayed I got both a text and email from Gulf. I was sat in LHR Biz lounge at the time and, when I went to check, their staff there didn't know about the delay until I told them!

I couldn't choose seats online either nor even check in online

Click on personalize flight details and it takes you straight into print or email boarding cards at moment

TT always email me if even 5 minute flight changes. Girl is saying still showing original timings. Live site is showing otherwise

Click on personalize flight details and it takes you straight into print or email boarding cards at moment

TT always email me if even 5 minute flight changes. Girl is saying still showing original timings. Live site is showing otherwise

No. I tried that but it wasn't an option for me. I got a message saying I'd have to check in at airport.

Flight status is showing both flights tomorrow on time.

No. I tried that but it wasn't an option for me. I got a message saying I'd have to check in at airport.

Flight status is showing both flights tomorrow on time.

Travel Trolley rang back again. Confirmed the time change. They havent been informed. Girl has added note to my booking which will be seen at check in.

Definate compo according to TT

Travel Trolley rang back again. Confirmed the time change. They havent been informed. Girl has added note to my booking which will be seen at check in.

Definate compo according to TT

As it's on your flight home I'm pretty sure you're not covered by EU Flight Delay Compensation rules so it will be up to the airline.

I put in a claim for the delay on my flight out, Gulf said they'd deal with it within 3 weeks. That was up a few days ago so I'll contact then again in a few days - though the actual department dealing with it didn't contact me until a week later and again said 3 weeks.

As it's on your flight home I'm pretty sure you're not covered by EU Flight Delay Compensation rules so it will be up to the airline.

I put in a claim for the delay on my flight out, Gulf said they'd deal with it within 3 weeks. That was up a few days ago so I'll contact then again in a few days - though the actual department dealing with it didn't contact me until a week later and again said 3 weeks.

Yes agreed. I will be tactful at check in with best Harvey smile but will accept upgrades !! Not the end of the world but will add 4 hours to door to door time which at 28 hours was already long

Good luck with it.

Staff in the BAH Biz Lounge couldn't care less when I told them that dumping me in BKK at 2am was going to give me all sorts of problems with my transport & accommodation!

(I played up the problems but to no avail :-)

Good luck with it.

Staff in the BAH Biz Lounge couldn't care less when I told them that dumping me in BKK at 2am was going to give me all sorts of problems with my transport & accommodation!

(I played up the problems but to no avail :-)

Will update over next couple days see what happens (probably nothing).....TT though were very clear leaving it this late to change with no notification from Gulf leaves them bang to rights if you persist

Am on tight schedule for retun trip early March with a lot to sort out. Pain in the arse

Hey Harvey its a bitch getting to and from Cornwall to the London airports . Tried everything trains planes car and even the bus ,still not totally happy.

Hey Harvey its a bitch getting to and from Cornwall to the London airports . Tried everything trains planes car and even the bus ,still not totally happy.

Yes I've got to get back to Newquay on this occasion. If had been London this trip wouldn't have mattered so much

The delay is showing on Flight Status now.

Archived