IGNORED

Gulf Air 31st December.....

Harvey707

Since flight GF 152, BAH-BKK, was rescheduled an week ago it has landed on time. This is a massive improvement as previously it had been two hours late over 50% of the time. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connections from LHR are crap now though - especially on the night flight out of LHR

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 03/04/2017 at 9:16 AM, davidge said:

Connections from LHR are crap now though - especially on the night flight out of LHR

Think it would be fairer to say the night flight out of LHR doesn't have a connecting flight to BKK  anymore. The flight would have to be virtually free before I would do a near 16 hr layover to end up on the same flight to Thailand that the next morning's LHR departure connects to. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2017 at 2:37 PM, Harvey707 said:

Moving map display only. Aircraft had been switched (wasnt aware of that when I updated). Only found out today have been offered $150 compensation for the unannounced rescheduling. I boned Travel Trolley over it and they emailed me at 1pm today to which I responded and accepted

As above aircraft switched but was Gulf Livery.

I just got back today but my flight LHR to BKK with Thai Airways was delayed for 9 hours, I got no notification until i arrived at bag drop.

Any advice appreciated as to where i start with ''delay compo'', do i initiate it with a phone call or does it have to be a formal letter?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

37 minutes ago, The Falang said:

I just got back today but my flight LHR to BKK with Thai Airways was delayed for 9 hours, I got no notification until i arrived at bag drop.

Any advice appreciated as to where i start with ''delay compo'', do i initiate it with a phone call or does it have to be a formal letter?

You should have been given a notice of you rights under EU law I would email first if they have one here is a Wikipedia link explains it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Compensation_Regulation_261

27 minutes ago, The Falang said:

You need to PUT IT IN WRITING to Thai Customer Services. Email will do but keep a copy of all communication.

Some airlines pay fairly easily, others refuse. It will probably take a while to get a response.

If the airline doesn't offer the appropriate compensation (€600 under EU Regulation  EC 261/2004) then you can take it to the CAA.

If they still won't pay you need to use a lawyer but they'll take about 30% of the payment.

I claimed from Gulf in January and they refused, other than FF Miles, it's now still with CAA.

8 minutes ago, davidge said:

You need to PUT IT IN WRITING to Thai Customer Services. Email will do but keep a copy of all communication.

Some airlines pay fairly easily, others refuse. It will probably take a while to get a response.

If the airline doesn't offer the appropriate compensation (€600 under EU Regulation  EC 261/2004) then you can take it to the CAA.

If they still won't pay you need to use a lawyer but they'll take about 30% of the payment.

I claimed from Gulf in January and they refused, other than FF Miles, it's now still with CAA.

I will add that they straight away said they had arranged a hotel room for the duration and laid on a bus to transfer us, so i don't think they will be that hard to deal with.

I will start the ball rolling with an Email.

Edit: I am also out of pocket for the 7 days i had prepaid Agoda for a condo in Jomtien, however Agoda after a few Emails refunded 50%

17 minutes ago, The Falang said:

Thanks for the link....I will Email them..

Good luck hope it goes smoothly.

4 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Good luck hope it goes smoothly.

Embrasse for a battle but you should be entitled to a compensation iaw TG web page

THAI and Regulation EC No. 261 2004(2).pdf

• 3 months later...
On 13/05/2017 at 7:33 PM, Kandinski said:

Embrasse for a battle but you should be entitled to a compensation iaw TG web page

THAI and Regulation EC No. 261 2004(2).pdf

Update:

I sent several Emails requesting compensation and did not receive one reply.

However on arriving home today there was a letter from Thai Airways confirming they will pay me £550 for delayed flight.

59a07559f1f63_2017-08-2517_37_19.thumb.jpg.4c735597373200fc37558f2dc49c0ec1.jpg

15 minutes ago, The Falang said:

Update:

I sent several Emails requesting compensation and did not receive one reply.

However on arriving home today there was a letter from Thai Airways confirming they will pay me £550 for delayed flight.

59a07559f1f63_2017-08-2517_37_19.thumb.jpg.4c735597373200fc37558f2dc49c0ec1.jpg

Glad you had success. Gulf refused to do anything even after the CAA said I was due compensation. They refused to even cooperate with the CAA during the process. CAA have no legal authority to enforce anything.

I've had to move on to the next stage & employ a law firm to take on the case. Gulf didn't even respond to their letters so it will now have to go to court.

It also means I will lose 25-30% of any compensation to the lawyers.

On 25/08/2017 at 8:29 PM, davidge said:

Glad you had success. Gulf refused to do anything even after the CAA said I was due compensation. They refused to even cooperate with the CAA during the process. CAA have no legal authority to enforce anything.

I've had to move on to the next stage & employ a law firm to take on the case. Gulf didn't even respond to their letters so it will now have to go to court.

It also means I will lose 25-30% of any compensation to the lawyers.

Rather lose 30% to a law firm than 100% to Gulf Air.

have you escalated it to Gulf Air CEO yet? http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=11949 

Alternatively - Google- ''Resolver UK''   They will do the Email chase for you.. FREE 

Archived