IGNORED

Bell Bus Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

HEADING2LOS

26 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

So I don't agree about the location. The location is up to you. It's not as if there aren't any P4P bars within walking distance of your place anyway. I'm sure there are some on Thappraya, close to where you would catch the baht bus into Pattaya.

Kinnaree is between Pratamnak soi4 and soi5. I have never seen anyone complain about it. The finest afternoon fun you can find in Pattaya.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GreyMan said:

I would suggest that you learn how to potter around on a scooter eventually. For as little as £2 a day, it will make your life a lot easier.

Thanks GM, I will check the area, see if I can find a nice bar with some birds in it or similar.

The scooter is something I will look into getting sorted for next visit next year, as I have an A1 license, and I can imagine anyone getting fed up with buses and all the rest fairly quickly. How is the situation with cars, advisable? 

4 hours ago, jpmelville said:

Kinnaree is between Pratamnak soi4 and soi5. I have never seen anyone complain about it. The finest afternoon fun you can find in Pattaya.

I checked on their website. Looks great to take your LT with you (or be taken) 

you been there? how's the food, etc.?

6 hours ago, GreyMan said:

Now I know why Aussies refer to you as "whinging poms". 

Not everyone wants to stay in the "farang ghetto". Obviously the man appreciates a bit of space and can handle a few minutes walk.

He also has the opportunity to walk to the other end of  Phra Tamnak Soi 6 to meet a nice Russian girl. :) 

Not everyone pays for their company in Pattaya......if you choose to bring a few social skills with you.

Plus he has the choice of heading to Jomtien or to Pattaya. Whatever takes his fancy. Sometimes you need to move out of your comfort zone.

Yawn. 

FYI I was wandering around Asia when you were still struggling to point Thailand out on a map, I have forgotten more about this country than you will most probably ever know. I was visiting here 13 years before I even bothered to venture to Pattaya because why would you?  

I thought he was here for 12 nights not moving for 6 months. No point being away from everything for such a small amount of time, If you want to stay in Pattaya and take the hassle of moving around then you should stay in Pattaya, if you want to stay in essentially a housing estate of unoccupied apartment buildings with the odd soi dog for company then enjoy your trip. I am sure it will be fun, the Russian chicks will be throwing themselves at you if they aren't all with Gayman listening to him wax lyrical about his experience travelling around the beer bar complex.   :GiveBeer1:

4 hours ago, Mishko said:

Thanks GM, I will check the area, see if I can find a nice bar with some birds in it or similar.

The scooter is something I will look into getting sorted for next visit next year, as I have an A1 license, and I can imagine anyone getting fed up with buses and all the rest fairly quickly. How is the situation with cars, advisable? 

Driving or riding alongside?

Driving a car, you can get stuck in traffic. But of course more useful in the rain.

Don't expect anyone to stick to the rules, so stay focussed when riding/driving.

One of the board members providing bike rental here, provides third party and damage insurance for bikes 125cc and under. Insureandgo in the UK includes bikes up to 125cc in their travel insurance policies.

3 hours ago, angsta said:

Yawn. 

FYI I was wandering around Asia when you were still struggling to point Thailand out on a map, I have forgotten more about this country than you will most probably ever know. I was visiting here 13 years before I even bothered to venture to Pattaya because why would you?  

I thought he was here for 12 nights not moving for 6 months. No point being away from everything for such a small amount of time, If you want to stay in Pattaya and take the hassle of moving around then you should stay in Pattaya, if you want to stay in essentially a housing estate of unoccupied apartment buildings with the odd soi dog for company then enjoy your trip. I am sure it will be fun, the Russian chicks will be throwing themselves at you if they aren't all with Gayman listening to him wax lyrical about his experience travelling around the beer bar complex.   :GiveBeer1:

It seems that you are one of those idiots that make assumptions before any attempt to establish facts.

Now you have left yourself open to twice looking like an idiot on the same thread.

My first trip to Thailand was in 1992, and the only reason why I went to Pattaya was that it was cheaper to fly to the islands from there. 

I don't even drink, so you won't ever see me in a beer bar or any kind of bar for that matter. So I'm guessing that it is you who shares stories of beer bar complexes here. Look at my posting history and then look at yours. Nothing from me concerning paying for company or drinking in bars. How about you?

"Away from everything"? Away from what? The likes of you? The man doesn't need to live in  a sh*thole in order to enjoy himself.

So how about you stop with the braggadocio as if you know everything and others know nothing? You just end up looking like an idiot.

6 hours ago, angsta said:

Yawn. 

It's 18 nights rather..But honestly, I don't think their complex is empty, the prices are very competitive. And they have a very high score in Agoda, which I believe it's a very reputable source.

There's a chance everything it's a sham, but at least when I depart you'll get an unbiased review from me.

I don't mind unoccupied flats all around me. So much better. I dread the thought of noisy neighbours next door. If I was planning to get pissed out of my senses every night, I wouldn't care, but can't say I come to Pattaya for that.

It's not like I am entering Fukushima's exclusion zone :)  

27 minutes ago, Mishko said:

It's 18 nights rather..But honestly, I don't think their complex is empty, the prices are very competitive. And they have a very high score in Agoda, which I believe it's a very reputable source.

There's a chance everything it's a sham, but at least when I depart you'll get an unbiased review from me.

I don't mind unoccupied flats all around me. So much better. I dread the thought of noisy neighbours next door. If I was planning to get pissed out of my senses every night, I wouldn't care, but can't say I come to Pattaya for that.

It's not like I am entering Fukushima's exclusion zone :)  

See a video in Youtube. Not so sure if it is the place. If so, look nice!

It is indeed. The pool looks a bit bigger than in the Agoda pics which is great. I know mine has a balcony so there's a good chance it may be the same room. They say it's 180 sq m and that looks almost like a condo to me. So we'll see..

10 hours ago, Mishko said:

I checked on their website. Looks great to take your LT with you (or be taken) 

you been there? how's the food, etc.?

Not been there as I have TGF but living very near. My friends have visited and they said food is very good(can have it free if you spend enough like 500bht). It's really the Gentlemen's Club/ST joint, so don't go there with any lady. 

If you want to have cheap beers, in Pratamnak soi5 there is bar called 1 for the Road. All local beers 45bht all day, all night. 

4 hours ago, Mishko said:

It is indeed. The pool looks a bit bigger than in the Agoda pics which is great. I know mine has a balcony so there's a good chance it may be the same room. They say it's 180 sq m and that looks almost like a condo to me. So we'll see..

You also have a 24hr supermarket down the road, FoodMart.

Thap Phraya 12, close to your place, is a street full of businesses, restaurants, massage shops,7/11 etc.

La Baguette is the best patisserie in Pattaya, together with their other branch in Naklua. Jomtien Beach is nicer than Pattaya Beach. You can walk on the beach from Phra Tamnak Soi 5 all the way down  Jomtien Beach. The best seafood restaurants are at the end of Jomtien Beach and in Na Jomtien.

The ones in Pattaya, especially on Walking Street are an overpriced joke. 

Jomtien itself has it's own entertainment in the lower numbered sois and over at the Rompho Market. You could easily spend your trip not going into central Pattaya at all.

So staying where you are gives you the opportunity to experience both. Often the people who go to stay on Bua Khao and the like, will rarely go further than Walking Street.

Staying in a different place doesn't harm your experience. It's just a different experience.

...and since this has gone so far off topic, I'll drag it back on by stating that the http://airportpattayabus.com/v1/ station is located next to the car parking area of the FoodMart. :)

So if the Bell bus(bookable via a link on the website above) stops before you arrive or after you leave, you have that option open to you if convenient.

Mis.png

So,there is an imposter around.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

50 minutes ago, Matrix said:

So,there is an imposter around.

555! I guess you are talking about me! I have been an imposter for 7 years which I didn't know! :P

On 17/07/2017 at 10:26 PM, Mishko said:

I confirm, it is the same room. Will be posting a review in due course.

Archived