IGNORED

Bell Bus Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

HEADING2LOS

Ok.... thanks ..whalley.......I now know where mr mac's is in relation to the jomtien stop....

But......i  take it the black texta with 1st 2nd 3rd stop is the bell bus and not 389...

So the last 2 buses end up parking ovenight in air con bus terminal?So if you want to get off at central rd .....just tell the girl at counter or baggage handle

or driver on boarding the bus?

What's the difference between the 389 and bell bus then?....I arrived at 8.50pm  oct 2015 and just asked for a ticket(what busi don't know)

and boarded the 10pm bus and ended up in jomtien as planned.....so that bus would then have went to bed at air con ha?

The map is for the 120-baht, Bus 389 service and the last two busses normally terminate at the Northern Bus Terminal. On occasion the later busses may continue onto the last stop but you can't rely on it.

You need to take a baht bus or walk to your final destination from one of the stops or terminal. There are baht busses at the station that may want 50 - 100 baht to take you to your hotel. You can also catch a regular 10-baht bus on Pattaya North Rd.

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/pattaya%20blue%20baht%20bus%20routes.pdf

Bell Bus runs less frequently, charge more but provide a mini bus service from the Pattaya Northern Bus Station to your hotel.

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just arrived this afternoon at a busy Suvarnabhumi about 1.30pm. Through immigration in 35 minutes a further nervy 30 minutes waiting for the suitcase. Then down to the 389 bus at about 2.40pm and hey next available bus 5.20pm!!! Farck that no way!!  Managed to locate the Bells tourist service shop up a level at around 3pm and paid 300 Baht to ensure I was on the 4pm Bells to Pattaya. Nice job, comfy bus, we were all made to wear seat belts, immediate shuttle bus down Pattaya Klang and I was at my apartment by 6pm.

Took the noon BellBus yesterday,however no office,they were handling their service on 3 chairs!

Never mind,I was at my apartment at 2.25 p.m.

Booked on line,paid 240 ThB.

• 5 months later...

On the 1 2 go Asia site, the terms say only 20 kg max suitcases are allowed, I am planning to take with me only one case but my flight allows up to 30 kg max, so may go a bit above that. Anybody had any issue about this with Bell ?

It also states final destination is Pattaya Bus Station, it doesn't mention about drop off at your hotel's doorstep?

4 hours ago, Mishko said:

On the 1 2 go Asia site, the terms say only 20 kg max suitcases are allowed, I am planning to take with me only one case but my flight allows up to 30 kg max, so may go a bit above that. Anybody had any issue about this with Bell ?

It also states final destination is Pattaya Bus Station, it doesn't mention about drop off at your hotel's doorstep?

If your suitcase is too heavy. Bell may ask you to pay 20 THB extra. It is the only issue.

Not so sure where you read about the "final destination is Pattaya Bus Station". Bell bus drop you off at your hotel. Go to Bell's website to have a look.

14 hours ago, matrix123 said:

If your suitcase is too heavy. Bell may ask you to pay 20 THB extra. It is the only issue.

Not so sure where you read about the "final destination is Pattaya Bus Station". Bell bus drop you off at your hotel. Go to Bell's website to have a look.

Here: https://12go.asia/en/travel/bangkok/pattaya

From the site, and also shows on timetable:

"If you enter Thailand through its main airport, Suvarnabhumi, with Pattaya being your next destination, use bus and taxi services to get from Suvarnabhumi directly to Pattaya without calling to Bangkok’s bus terminals. Bell Travel operates buses from the lower level of the airport near gate 8.

Buses depart every two hours from 8am till 6pm. Their VIP24s are comfortable enough – and much roomier than an economy seat with any of the air carriers. The whole trip lasts about two hours. In Pattaya, passengers are brought to Pattaya Northern bus station in Pattaya North Road.

Note: Tickets for the Suvarnabhumi-Pattaya bus can be bought on the spot, but note that the route is extremely popular, so in the overwhelming majority of cases you will not be able to get the tickets for the next bus and will have to wait till the next but one departure. If booked in advance, tickets cost THB272".

9 hours ago, Mishko said:

Here: https://12go.asia/en/travel/bangkok/pattaya

From the site, and also shows on timetable:

"If you enter Thailand through its main airport, Suvarnabhumi, with Pattaya being your next destination, use bus and taxi services to get from Suvarnabhumi directly to Pattaya without calling to Bangkok’s bus terminals. Bell Travel operates buses from the lower level of the airport near gate 8.

Buses depart every two hours from 8am till 6pm. Their VIP24s are comfortable enough – and much roomier than an economy seat with any of the air carriers. The whole trip lasts about two hours. In Pattaya, passengers are brought to Pattaya Northern bus station in Pattaya North Road.

Note: Tickets for the Suvarnabhumi-Pattaya bus can be bought on the spot, but note that the route is extremely popular, so in the overwhelming majority of cases you will not be able to get the tickets for the next bus and will have to wait till the next but one departure. If booked in advance, tickets cost THB272".

No need to book a bus ticket with third party. Here is the Bell Bus website:

https://ticket.belltravelservice.com/customer/Webhome

You could pick you hotel as your final destination.

Thanks Matrix. My hotel is not available for the select drop-off search bar option. You can't type it, what do you do in these cases?

42 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Thanks Matrix. My hotel is not available for the select drop-off search bar option. You can't type it, what do you do in these cases?

Which hotel? Sometimes the hotel put Pattaya in the front so you could not search it! Worst case, find a hotel close by.

It is Butterfly Garden Boutique Residences, on Soi 6

I am trying to contact them via their enquiry forms, as they say to do so in these cases, but it never goes through.

Their website is rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Mishko said:

I am trying to contact them via their enquiry forms, as they say to do so in these cases, but it never goes through.

One of my friend was staying in a hotel that wasn't listed so he selected another holiday next door. You could do the same. Choose another hotel on Soi6 near your hotel as your final destination 

8 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Like BM Candy77 said. Just find a hotel/guesthouse on Soi 6 and pick that as your destination.

21 minutes ago, Candy77 said:

One of my friend was staying in a hotel that wasn't listed so he selected another holiday next door. You could do the same. Choose another Hotel on Soi6 near your hotel as your final destination 

17 minutes ago, matrix123 said:

Like BM Candy77 said. Just find a hotel/guesthouse on Soi 6 and pick that as your destination.

Well, this one says is Pratamnuk Road Soi 6, which has me confused. It is on Phra Tamnak Hill, but I don't understand why it says Soi 6

9 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Well, this one says is Pratamnuk Road Soi 6, which has me confused. It is on Phra Tamnak Hill, but I don't understand why it says Soi 6

Because it is on Pratumnak Soi 6. I was outside this hotel a few days ago. It is on a small side Soi just off Soi 6 Pratumnak.

Edit: I just checked the list on the Bell website and Water Park Condominium is listed there. It is on the same side Soi almost opposite Butterfly.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Here's a map. The pin shows Butterfly and Water Park is right next to it:

IMG_7142.thumb.PNG.b6e65826b3a3ac2159e738479aa93972.PNG

You'll need to use mototaxis to get to/from Pattaya or you could walk up to the junction with Thappraya which is on the Jomtien baht bus route.

Tyvm David, I had a discussion about this on one of my threads, someone passed on a baht bus route map (it was in thai though) 

But apparently google shows only 6 min walk from BGBR to the baht bus stop at that junction, and there was a bit of to and fro in some members' agreement. Since you've been there already, what is your take on this?

Friend stays in Water Park.

He uses mototaxis.

Occasionally, he may get a baht bus back to the condo and get out at the junction. Factoring in crossing the road, 10 minutes + certainly. I'd say allow 15 at my typical (slow) Thailand pace.

Also, coming from the hotel you will be walking uphill & it's usually bloody hot here.

Assuming you're young, walk quickly, and don't mind sweating through your shirt, 6 minutes may be just about doable.

You may wish to pick a hotel a bit more central where you can easily walk everywhere, rather than in an out of the way location, where you need to get baht buses all the time

4 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

You may wish to pick a hotel a bit more central where you can easily walk everywhere, rather than in an out of the way location, where you need to get baht buses all the time

Yeah been told about this, but the room is 180 sq m with jacuzzi + pool + balcony. 18 nights for 17500 BHT and a score of 9 on Agoda reviews.

So it's hard to let go.

Just too far out unless you have a bike and don't mind essentially commuting. I would always prefer to be central or 5 mins out of town but the baht bus on the rd sucks anyway, it isn't like you are on second rd where there is one a minute. 

Nil points. 

On 14.7.2017 at 11:25 PM, Mishko said:

You may consider bus 389. Last stop is Jomtien pretty near of your accomodation. Can have a shared baht bus for 50bht. Bus is 120bht. Leaves every hour from BKK from 7am to 8pm. Cannot buy the tickets in the web beforehand.

22 hours ago, angsta said:

Just too far out unless you have a bike and don't mind essentially commuting. I would always prefer to be central or 5 mins out of town but the baht bus on the rd sucks anyway, it isn't like you are on second rd where there is one a minute. 

Nil points. 

Now I know why Aussies refer to you as "whinging poms". 

Not everyone wants to stay in the "farang ghetto". Obviously the man appreciates a bit of space and can handle a few minutes walk.

He also has the opportunity to walk to the other end of  Phra Tamnak Soi 6 to meet a nice Russian girl. :) 

Not everyone pays for their company in Pattaya......if you choose to bring a few social skills with you.

Plus he has the choice of heading to Jomtien or to Pattaya. Whatever takes his fancy. Sometimes you need to move out of your comfort zone.

6 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

Now I know why Aussies refer to you as "whinging poms". 

Not everyone wants to stay in the "farang ghetto". Obviously the man appreciates a bit of space and can handle a few minutes walk.

He also has the opportunity to walk to the other end of  Phra Tamnak Soi 6 to meet a nice Russian girl. :) 

Not everyone pays for their company in Pattaya......if you choose to bring a few social skills with you.

Plus he has the choice of heading to Jomtien or to Pattaya. Whatever takes his fancy. Sometimes you need to move out of your comfort zone.

Well said Greyman, I am not really fazed one bit by the prospect,  It's not like I am 1 hour away.

I tried to book Talay 6 but they took ages to come back to me and they all looked super expensive compared to other rather generous offers.

Plus I am sure it's not all that's cracked up to be. Yes you live near the action, but at what price? what's the noise at night like? 

I will book here and there in the future to see what things are like, as I can foresee I will just become another Pattaya junkie.

I am especially keen on that bit about the Russians..didn't know about that! is that on the beach or a nearby club?

I could try my luck to see how well I do. 

36 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Well said Greyman, I am not really fazed one bit by the prospect,  It's not like I am 1 hour away.

I tried to book Talay 6 but they took ages to come back to me and they all looked super expensive compared to other rather generous offers.

Plus I am sure it's not all that's cracked up to be. Yes you live near the action, but at what price? what's the noise at night like? 

I will book here and there in the future to see what things are like, as I can foresee I will just become another Pattaya junkie.

I am especially keen on that bit about the Russians..didn't know about that! is that on the beach or a nearby club?

I could try my luck to see how well I do. 

If you look at the map above, you will see the Night Market just a few minutes walk from your place. Turn right down Soi 6 and then first left.

This area is popular with Russians. Some of the girls who work in Pattaya, also live in that area. Also the Cosy Beach area is popular with Russian tourists...or head over to Jomtien Beach's Night Market. Another place for meeting 'normal' girls.

If you want to shoot fish in a barrel, you have the local option. If you want to something a bit different, you have that option too.

So I don't agree about the location. The location is up to you. It's not as if there aren't any P4P bars within walking distance of your place anyway. I'm sure there are some on Thappraya, close to where you would catch the baht bus into Pattaya.

You could stay in the centre and still need a baht bus. Personally, I too like my space and also insist on a pool and gym.

Others would be satisfied with a bedsit on Buakhao, happy as Larry about the location.

I would suggest that you learn how to potter around on a scooter eventually. For as little as £2 a day, it will make your life a lot easier.

I used to stay at a Pattaya beach hotel in either their Two Bedroom Family Suite or their Studio Apartment, but in their usual greedy style, they have raised their prices to 6500 and 4000 baht per night respectively. This for a place without even a pool. Of course most nights the rooms sit vacant.

Because of their greed, I refuse to recommend their property to anyone. Shame for them, as it has a good location;

room52b.jpg

Archived