Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Christmas Dinner Options 2016

Evil Penevil

The pre-cooked ones in Makro are 450B/kg. Presumably all the water will have been baked off already.

Thailand now have turkey farms, I would be very surprised if the are imported Turkey's at that price. I tried to buy whole bird's in Makro since November and only saw the Thai Turkeys in the freezer (inside a clear plastic bag), personally I didnt like the look of them so didn't buy.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thailand now have turkey farms, I would be very surprised if the are imported Turkey's at that price. I tried to buy whole bird's in Makro since November and only saw the Thai Turkeys in the freezer (inside a clear plastic bag), personally I didnt like the look of them so didn't buy.  

A friend of mine tried a Thai turkey and found it almost inedible when roasted. It was tough, gamy and had a lot of tendons.  It probably would have been good in a stew or braised (think coq au vin), but wasn't suitable for oven roasting.   

The type of turkey most of us are familiar with from our home countries is called a broad-breasted white turkey.  They have been bred to produce a lot of white breast meat.  They can't fly or mate naturally and can barely walk due to their physical characteristics.  Because of their sedentary lives in pens on commercial "turkey farms," they don't have much muscle tissue or tendons. They mature quickly and don't develop natural immunity to disease.  Such birds wouldn't be able to endure the conditions on farms in Isaan.

I guessing here, but it's likely the turkeys raised in Thailand are "heritage turkeys" and not broad-breasted whites. They are closer to  wild turkeys and early domesticated turkeys.  They don't yield the kind of meat most of us want for Christmas dinner.

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing_(4).jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Hooters is not a place that ranks high in the hearts and minds of Pattaya's Scrooges, but 399 baht is not a bad price at all for a two-course Christmas dinner.  In fact, it's at the lower end of the Pattaya scale.  I'll try to book it today.

post-6485-0-44894300-1482091909.jpg

Santa Penevil

post-6485-0-65600800-1482091960.jpg

The 450B pre-cooked ones I saw said "Australian". They looked nice. No idea what they taste like though.

The 450B pre-cooked ones I saw said "Australian". They looked nice. No idea what they taste like though.

I was in BigC again and theirs say "Australian" also. But the price seems to be a bit higher than last week at 539B, or maybe my memory is bad. Two different people bought one each as I was looking, so I suppose they are popular. Not everyone would have an oven suitable for roasting a raw bird but a pre-roasted one should be a lot easier to deal with and would even be suitable for sharing amongst several different families/groups to eat a different times.

I wonder what they taste like?

Not everyone would have an oven suitable for roasting a raw bird

I wonder what they taste like?

I,ve roasted many raw Thai birds in my time and they taste out of this world,plus their bloody grateful afterwards   :LOL2:

I visited Hooters Monday night to ask about reservations for Christmas dinner on Dec. 25th.  I was told that reservations aren't necessary for one or two diners, just walk in.  Hooters opens at 10.00 a.m. and the set dinner will be served from about noon, a waitress told me.

I imagine a reservation would be wise for a larger group, especially if you want to sit in one of the booths and not at the bar stool tables.  But if you've left things late and your top choices are booked solid, you still have a good chance for a traditional Christmas dinner at Hooters.

Santa Penevil

multiple options at a single venue...............the haven............now located in soi lengkee

dec 20 020 (Custom).JPG

dec 20 019 (Custom).JPG

dec 20 021 (Custom).JPG

dec 20 022 (Custom).JPG

dec 20 023 (Custom).JPG

If you haven't made your Christmas dinner arrangements yet, best to get your ass in gear or you'll risk eating  pad thai, kebab and hamburgers on Dec. 24 and 25.

Here are a few upscale places that probably still have seats available, thanks to the the price (the prices are all net, no ++):

Bruno's

post-9139-0-69516500-1482271276.jpg

Dusit Thani

post-9139-0-45709600-1482271278.jpg

post-9139-0-23981700-1482271287.jpg

post-9139-0-23845300-1482271289.jpg

post-9139-0-30467900-1482271291.jpg

Hilton

post-9139-0-84475100-1482271735.jpg

post-9139-0-49568300-1482271737.jpg

post-9139-0-13320400-1482271739.jpg

post-9139-0-86514300-1482271740.jpg

post-9139-0-04924700-1482272251.jpg

And for those of you who by choice or necessity are having gruel and crust of bread for your Christmas dinner,

post-9139-0-42801700-1482272302.jpg

you can add a festive touch with  a can of cranberry relish, available at Villa Market in The Avenue on 2nd Road.  I don't know the price (none was on display), but the exact same can cost me U.S. $0.99  last week at Shop Rite in Jersey City, NJ.

post-9139-0-14842300-1482272295.jpg

Santa Penevil

post-9139-0-36303800-1482272442.gif

todays update

dec 21 019 (Custom).JPG

triple evening scandi style event soi 13, kings table

dec 21 021 (Custom).JPG

dec 21 022 (Custom).JPG

a bit more detail at lk empress beach rd

dec 21 052 (Custom).JPG

italian style at the volare on buakaow junction of Soi 15 and opposite nature view hotel

dec 21 051 (Custom).JPG

and if you have any space left pop into central festival.................

dec 21 038 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifdec 9 007 (Custom).JPG

dicey reilly"s second rd front of royal garden plaza

air-con inside of course

attachicon.gifdec 9 006 (Custom).JPG

not much of an adventurous sign, or details

Just some more details on Dicey's Xmas Dinner:

Dicey Reilley"s

899 Baht

MENU

Salad: potato salad, Coleslaw, Caesar Salad

Soup: Minestrone

Bakery: selection of bread rolls

Carvery: roast Turkey(with traditional stuffing & cranberry sauce)

Lamb with garlic,herb,spinach

Roast Australian prime beef

Roasted pork

Condiments - Yorkshire puddings-gravy-Apple sauce

Hot dishes - crispy chicken with BBQ sauce roasted and mashed potatoes

Brussels sprouts

Sweets- Xmas pudding with brandy sauce. Seasonal fruits fruit mousse in glass

double Chocolate cake. Mixed nut pie. Mini cakes

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Walked by Hooters today. Wow, some nice pussy in there. Asked if I could reserve a Christmas dinner for one. The reservation girl said Yes, would you like to sit at the bar near me? I said sure with my tongue hanging out. So they are taking reservations even for one. Should be a very enjoyable day. Good food and very nice views! Marry Christmas!

Good food and very nice views! Marry Christmas!

Maybe you'll end up marrying the Hooters' girl or at least leaving something in her stocking!  jingle-bell-kitty1.jpg  

Nothing like a little pussy to put (you) in the Christmas spirit.  Oh, jingle balls, jingle balls, jingle all the way!

Anyway, I now have a reservation (as part of a group) to eat Xmas dinner at Hooters. On Xmas Eve, I have a reservation for the the buffet at the Hard Rock.  Plenty of turkey and stuffing for me this year!

Santa Penevil

santa1.jpg

Maybe you'll end up marrying the Hooters' girl or at least leaving something in her stocking!  attachicon.gifjingle-bell-kitty1.jpg

Nothing like a little pussy to put (you) in the Christmas spirit.  Oh, jingle balls, jingle balls, jingle all the way!

Anyway, I now have a reservation (as part of a group) to eat Xmas dinner at Hooters. On Xmas Eve, I have a reservation for the the buffet at the Hard Rock.  Plenty of turkey and stuffing for me this year!

Santa Penevil

attachicon.gifsanta1.jpg

Fat barsteward :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

the countdown clock is ticking

this time soi 13/4 south pattaya off beach rd, the ever reliable and very very long running palmers restaurant.

a good price as usual

dec 22 003 (Custom).JPG

dec 22 001 (Custom).JPG

reasonable on the beer too

Maybe you'll end up marrying the Hooters' girl or at least leaving something in her stocking!  attachicon.gifjingle-bell-kitty1.jpg  

Santa Penevil

attachicon.gifsanta1.jpg

Enjoy the stuffing

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

the countdown clock is ticking

this time soi 13/4 south pattaya off beach rd, the ever reliable and very very long running palmers restaurant.

a good price as usual

attachicon.gifdec 22 003 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifdec 22 001 (Custom).JPG

reasonable on the beer too

Good old Palmers.

Been doing that a long time there.

Good luck to them.

Mr. Evil, Have a Gerat Christmas!!! And all the best in 2017.

Its Xmas and I could care less about price where can I find the best possible dinner in Pattaya?

RT 

Its Xmas and I could care less about price where can I find the best possible dinner in Pattaya?

The Michelin rated "No name Bistro" on soi Bukhaow opposite Sugar Sugar/LK Metro,extensive menu and all you can drink free iced water :GoldenSmile1:

The Michelin rated "No name Bistro" on soi Bukhaow opposite Sugar Sugar/LK Metro,extensive menu and all you can drink free iced water :GoldenSmile1:

dec 15 076 (Custom).JPG

Swiss Food restaurant, Soi Diamond

a5ae3c42553a1dcf2282b8ebea1d43eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Archived