IGNORED

Christmas Dinner Options 2016

Evil Penevil

Finally, people may be flocking to Hooters as it seems their prices are now quite reasonable compared to xmas lunches/dinners prices :)

http://www.hooterspattaya.com/

they do now have a happy hour(s)

taken today.......

dec 12 006 (Custom).JPG

meanwhile back to christmas options................

dec 12 011 (Custom).JPG

when i have contributed to this thread in earlier years the butchers arms on buakaow near pook bar was always the first window sticker i could locate.

today they finally got their act together

dec 12 012 (Custom).JPG

and nearby in lengkee.......

dec 12 019 (Custom).JPG

the devonshire.............669 assuming u scoff all 3 courses

hopefully the falang in there today with copious tattoos but no 6 pack will not be partaking on the 25th.

diners want to read menus not blokes hairy arms

dec 12 020 (Custom).JPG

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first contribution to this thread.

Pig & Whistle Jomtien

IMG_3977.JPG

I'm guessing the Soi 7 one is the same but will need checking.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

My first contribution to this thread.

Pig & Whistle Jomtien

I'm guessing the Soi 7 one is the same but will need checking.

the 1 in soi 7 pattaya has a sign in the window saying ask inside, but no other details

In Jomtien it's just laminated menus on each table.

Rosie O'Gradys Soi 7

IMG_1109.JPG

If you haven't got your heart set on a traditional Xmas meal, this looks to be a very reasonably priced option for Christmas Eve: It's an all-you-can-eat BBQ for 300 baht.

post-9139-0-63995400-1481737482.jpg

post-9139-0-65084200-1481738219.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Steak & Co on Soi Lengkee, 12 noon til 23.00 pm (or when runs out, we have 100 portions). Appetisers & Desserts can be chosen from our usual menu, we do have Christmas Pudding available. Our regular menu is also available all day. 

Christmas 2016 A6.jpg

As always great thread......

As always great thread......

with alternatives for those with a fear of sprouts...............

dec 12 007 (Custom).JPG

how do u like your insects?................flambe?

new plaza second rd end opposite frydays and the golden ferret

Steak & Co on Soi Lengkee, 12 noon til 23.00 pm (or when runs out, we have 100 portions). Appetisers & Desserts can be chosen from our usual menu, we do have Christmas Pudding available. Our regular menu is also available all day.

Appetiser & Dessert included in the price?

probably 'Tin cup'...555

well they were getting eggs delivered today

dec 15 076 (Custom).JPG

30 x 10 x 3 =900

dec 15 078 (Custom).JPG

and at hard rock beach rd........

dec 15 054 (Custom).JPG

dec 15 056 (Custom).JPG

and while i'm at it a pricey new year with option 1

dec 15 057 (Custom).JPG

dec 15 059 (Custom).JPG

there is always the DIY takeaway option.........

attachicon.gifapril may 9 171_800x600.jpg

many around inc 1 i pass on a regular basis on buakaow not far from the butchers arms.

current price at that location has now crept up to 160 bht

Had a chicken from here at 5.30 pm last night while sat having a beer next door at the Dragon bar . I didn't have too many beers after, but at 3 am this morning i was talking to the Big White Telephone ! . I have been in bed all day , pissing out of my arse every hour, stomach cramps . . I may have just had a dodgy one , who knows , anyone else had problems with food poisoning from here ?

Any Doctors on here who can recommend anything from the Pharmacy, if its not slowed down by tmrw. At the moment, I'm happy to let it clear out of my system for the first 36 hours.

Appetiser & Dessert included in the price?

Nope, Turkey is mega expensive this year (one supplier quoted 800 baht per kilo) unless you have had someone bring some in from the UK or USA... some Turkeys are 4000 - 5000 baht each. I even considered offering no Xmas dinner but has many requests from our regulars so didn't want to let them down. Our usual starters (prawn cocktail, salmon etc) are available and we also have 100 single portion Xmas puddings. If the 990 baht for the Turkey, Lamb & Ham seems a bit pricey we do offer our regular menu, we have enough for 100 servings of Turkey Dinner.

Another suggestion for the budget-conscious:

post-9139-0-15252900-1481872049.jpg

The Blue Heeler (named for an Australian dog breed) is located on Soi Lengkee across from Retox.   Unfortunately the ad and FB page don't give any details about what is included in the 300-baht buffet.

Santa Penevil

post-9139-0-74202900-1481872239.jpg

Nope, Turkey is mega expensive this year (one supplier quoted 800 baht per kilo) unless you have had someone bring some in from the UK or USA... some Turkeys are 4000 - 5000 baht each. 

By way of contrast, turkey is dirt cheap in the U.S., with prices ranging from $.48 a pound (about 36 baht per kilo) for frozen turkeys to average of 72 per kilo (or 110 baht per kilo in the NYC area).  Fresh, never-frozen premium turkey costs about 185 baht per kilo in the NYC area.

Capturegggg.JPG

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing_(4).jpg

Nope, Turkey is mega expensive this year (one supplier quoted 800 baht per kilo) .....

I saw a lot of frozen Aussie pre-cooked ones in Makro and BigC. 450-500B/kilo. Still expensive by US standards but the price per person should be acceptable.  I suspect that a lot of restaurants round town will be serving these in their Xmas menu.

Had a chicken from here at 5.30 pm last night while sat having a beer next door at the Dragon bar . I didn't have too many beers after, but at 3 am this morning i was talking to the Big White Telephone ! . I have been in bed all day , pissing out of my arse every hour, stomach cramps . . I may have just had a dodgy one , who knows , anyone else had problems with food poisoning from here ?

Any Doctors on here who can recommend anything from the Pharmacy, if its not slowed down by tmrw. At the moment, I'm happy to let it clear out of my system for the first 36 hours.

today, mid afternoon, cooked, rotisserie off, just sitting in the sun

d 012 (Custom).JPG

elsewhere

d 002 (Custom).JPG

lk empress beach rd

d 003 (Custom).JPG

d 010 (Custom).JPG

cafe pitini soi buakaow.

the shit menu pic was due to me spotting the sign from inside At-All over the road taking a pic on zoom then zooming again on the camera so i could read it was indeed a xmas menu.................when i went across to take a proper one some somchai arrived with a lengthy delivery and had the door wedged open..............so u got the crap one

d 011 (Custom).JPG

d 028 (Custom).JPG

italian place Soi 15 round the back of the avenue

d 030 (Custom).JPG

today, mid afternoon, cooked, rotisserie off, just sitting in the sun

attachicon.gifd 012 (Custom).JPG

Q: How long can cooked chicken stay unrefrigerated?

A:

Quick Answer

Cooked chicken will last 2 hours without refrigeration before it should be thrown away. If the temperature is about 90 degrees Fahrenheit, cooked chicken will only last 1 hour.

https://www.reference.com/food/long-can-cooked-chicken-stay-unrefrigerated-f36a41eb00fa7630#

That stuff will probably make the rats that will crawl over and nibble at it sick

A reasonably priced all-you-can-eat Christmas carvery at the Queen Vic on Soi Six:

post-9139-0-80520200-1481908524.jpg

I imagine it would be very popular, considering the large number of customers the Queen Vic's weekly Sunday carvery usually gets.  I don't know if they accept reservations, but give them a call soon if you're interested.

A reasonably priced all-you-can-eat Christmas carvery at the Queen Vic on Soi Six:

post-9139-0-80520200-1481908524.jpg

I imagine it would be very popular, considering the large number of customers the Queen Vic's weekly Sunday carvery usually gets.  I don't know if they accept reservations, but give them a call soon if you're interested.

Good call as this will be very good.

The Sunday roasts are excellent and 795 baht is a fantastic price that puts to shame many other ones offered.

by chance today and by 30 secs before 2 falangs bought the last gobbler in the freezer at friendship supermarket i noted the price and logged it in my phone under T so i could get it correct

7.34 kg....................part of that is water

4,994 bht

680 bht/kilo

yikes

by chance today and by 30 secs before 2 falangs bought the last gobbler in the freezer at friendship supermarket i noted the price and logged it in my phone under T so i could get it correct

7.34 kg....................part of that is water

4,994 bht

680 bht/kilo

The pre-cooked ones in Makro are 450B/kg. Presumably all the water will have been baked off already.

Archived