IGNORED

.. RETIREMENT VISA - 1-Year Extension UPDATE

brutox

2 hours ago, Sa-teef said:

I did a couple single entry tourist Visas to Thailand and one to Vietnam by mail.  But the last Thai single entry took nearly three weeks to get back to me.,,,,about 48 hours before I was scheduled to be on a plane.  So I avoid passports in the mail if I can.

My experience with mailing my passport in for the 60 day visa is about a 4 week wait. After you receive it back, you have 90 days from the date the visa is approved to enter Thailand. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

My experience with mailing my passport in for the 60 day Visa is about a 4 week wait. After you receive it back, you have 90 days from the date the Visa is approved to enter Thailand. 

Wow, I was using the Thai consulate in Chicago and the prior time it was a 7-10 day turn around with the prepaid Express Mail envelope enclosed.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

1 hour ago, Sa-teef said:

Wow, I was using the Thai consulate in Chicago and the prior time it was a 7-10 day turn around with the prepaid Express Mail envelope enclosed.

I used the one in Los Angeles. My guess is that LA takes longer because it receives many more applications of all kinds. There is actually a section of LA known as Thai town.

Fcuked up (yet) again.
Not been out since 2015 but I was persuaded to go to Cambodia last month.
At least this time I remembered to get a Re-entry Permit.

I vaguely knew about TM30s but I put my address on my Arrival Card, same as before and forgot about it.
TM30 is for reporting any alien entering Thailand with the place they're staying within 24 hours...all hotels/landlords etc should do it...everybody knows right?

Then this morning, with my next application imminent, I read on Thaivisa that they are pulling up  Extension applicants and calling some back for failures to report and fining them.
I hate stress at Immi' so I went to check....one month late......cost me 1600 Baht Fine.

Experiences do vary and maybe I'd have got away with it, but at least I know I'm in the clear on that one.

I got my first retirement visa through an agent on BKK last year.

I now want to extend/renew it soon, myself, can I do it in Pattaya or do I have to go to BKK?

Also, what do I need to prepare paperwork wise? I will need multi entry.

10 minutes ago, jimboh said:

I got my first retirement Visa through an agent on BKK last year.

I now want to extend/renew it soon, myself, can I do it in Pattaya or do I have to go to BKK?

Also, what do I need to prepare paperwork wise? I will need multi entry.

You asked the same question in another thread and it was answered....

Archived