IGNORED

Areca Lodge - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Guys I am currently in Areca Lodge, any questions about it shoot me.

I am staying in the main wing.

Compared to the pics I posted, how do the rooms compare? What's your view like? any street noise? How much did you pay?

Thanks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm staying at the Areca Lodge in November for 10 nights in one of the standard rooms in the main wing , the rooms look good and spacious , can't wait !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I am currently in Areca Lodge, any questions about it shoot me.

I am staying in the main wing.

I plan to stay here in January, I know someone mentioned they have 2 Gyms at this hotel. Can you post pics, just want to see what type of equipment they have (i.e free weights or machines). Thanks in advance...

//

I plan to stay here in January, I know someone mentioned they have 2 gyms at this hotel. Can you post pics, just want to see what type of equipment they have (i.e free weights or machines). Thanks in advance...

Sorry mate, no pics. The Gyms have running and cross training machines, They have limited free weights (dumbells up to 20kg) + a weights machine....no a/c in one of the Gyms.

Sorry mate, no pics. The gyms have running and cross training machines, They have limited free weights (dumbells up to 20kg) + a weights machine....no a/c in one of the gyms.

No worries, Thanks for the info.

//

Good review, thanks.

I will always have a soft spot for the Areca Lodge - it was the hotel I stayed at when I first visited Pattaya. Quite a few years ago now before Tripadvisor propelled it into stardom!

The pools (pool, really) are its big selling point, although everything else is nice as well as you pointed out.

However, even in the newer wing, the bathrooms do look a little sub-par for the price you're paying. One thing I do like in Pattaya is a big walk-in "monsoon" shower capable for two people, and you don't get that here. Both of the new hotels I stayed in recently (1000B/night) had this, and it was a winner for me.

PS: Can you remember what time breakfast was served until? I recall they brought it forward by 30 minutes the last time I stayed there (either to 10.30am or 10am) and I ended up missing breakfast more often than not. And no option to book room without breakfast at a lower rate.

When I was there earlier in the year, it was 9.30 in the restaurant in the Areca wing and 10.30 in the Evergreen wing restaurant and you can use either.

I plan to stay here in January, I know someone mentioned they have 2 gyms at this hotel. Can you post pics, just want to see what type of equipment they have (i.e free weights or machines). Thanks in advance...

The "gyms" are an absolute joke, of the 4 treadmills only one is in working condition. The cross trainers are like something out of the Flinstones.

Everything is so tired and dirty, especially the flooring. Whilst the rest of the hotel is scrupulously clean, I have never seen anyone cleaning in there.

Also there is no Air Con, so you will be sweating like a monkey.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

The "gyms" are an absolute joke, of the 4 treadmills only one is in working condition. The cross trainers are like something out of the Flinstones.

Everything is so tired and dirty, especially the flooring. Whilst the rest of the hotel is scrupulously clean, I have never seen anyone cleaning in there.

no aircon??????

Worked fine every time I've been there.

no aircon??????

Worked fine every time I've been there.

The gym next to Evergreen pool has no air con. Personally, this suits me fine - though I appreciate that it's not for everyone.

Damn, might have to look elsewhere for a hotel with a decent gym. I stick to my work out routine even when on Vacation/Holiday. Any recommendation for hotels with decent Gyms (that wont make too much of a dent to my wallet)?

//

Although I have not had time to update the thread Areca Lodge is still the most booked hotel via the forum. NOT as predominant as it was in days gone by but still more bookings for Areca than any other.

As Far as i am aware the 20= rule has been rescinded and it is now 18+

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Damn, might have to look elsewhere for a hotel with a decent gym. I stick to my work out routine even when on Vacation/Holiday. Any recommendation for Hotels with decent gyms (that wont make too much of a dent to my wallet)?

You would have to define decent. Around the corner from Areca is Centra, it has a very small a/c gym but the equipment is ultra modern - however, the dumbbells are only up to 20k. If you are a serious athlete, you might want to join Tony's or one of the other Gyms in town.

You would have to define decent. Around the corner from Areca is Centra, it has a very small a/c gym but the equipment is ultra modern - however, the dumbbells are only up to 20k. If you are a serious athlete, you might want to join Tony's or one of the other gyms in town.

Cool, I'll check out Tony's gym...thanks for the info.

//

Compared to the pics I posted, how do the rooms compare? What's your view like? any street noise? How much did you pay?

Thanks.

hey Winna, it took me long to find time to post anything on PA just got busy. I started a TR will post all the picks and prices in details mate. I am staying in the Areca wing or the Main wing. I got like 1900 bht per day.

Damn, might have to look elsewhere for a hotel with a decent gym. I stick to my work out routine even when on Vacation/Holiday. Any recommendation for Hotels with decent gyms (that wont make too much of a dent to my wallet)?

Impulse I have taken pictures of both the Gyms in Areca unable to load them man, wifi is not sufficient or the pics too large I will figure it out and will post them so you can have a look.

hey Winna, it took me long to find time to post anything on PA just got busy. I started a TR will post all the picks and prices in details mate. I am staying in the Areca wing or the Main wing. I got like 1900 bht per day.

Impulse I have taken pictures of both the gyms in Areca unable to load them man, wifi is not sufficient or the pics too large I will figure it out and will post them so you can have a look.

Thanks mate - I am in Patts again in a weeks time and bringing a newbie mate. I am thinking about Areca and trying either of the other wings of the hotel (not Evergreen)...how does your room compare to the pics in mine?

Guys - Corona Wing....anybody stayed there? Any info' appreciated thanks.

Thanks mate - I am in Patts again in a weeks time and bringing a newbie mate. I am thinking about Areca and trying either of the other wings of the hotel (not Evergreen)...how does your room compare to the pics in mine?

Guys - Corona Wing....anybody stayed there? Any info' appreciated thanks.

I actually prefer the Corona Wing, the rooms are newer and nicer in Evergreen but I like the view from the Corona pool side rooms better.  Rooms size is a little smaller but not much and have more or less the same facilities,TV,  tea/coffee, hair dryer (if I had enough hair!). The furniture in both is pretty similar.

The corridors are darker as there are rooms on both sides of the corridor and no natural light which can make them a bit dingy looking!

When available I take the Corona Wing over the Evergreen Wing, but go for a room from floor 3 up as they have bigger rooms and smaller balconies! 

I have stayed in the original Areca wing too but still prefer the Corona.

booked up here, 5 nights 2nd to 7th January, superior room in corona wing at 2600 baht per night. pro is pool, room size and location; cons being the silly aircon unit on the balcony and shower/bathtub combination.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

booked up here, 5 nights 2nd to 7th January, superior room in corona wing at 2600 baht per night. pro is pool, room size and location; cons being the silly aircon unit on the balcony and shower/bathtub combination.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

If you booked direct it might be worth you signing up for the ACE club 790 baht but 300 baht a night saving plus 15% discount on food & non alcholic drinks. 

I have stayed in both Areca and corona towers. Both are very similar. I had pool view from both rooms. Corona facing the small pool, and corona facing the big pool.

Also do the rooms in this hotel offer a separate walk in shower or do you have to have a shower in the bath tub?

Shower over the bath.

Archived