IGNORED

New England Manager -Sam Allardyce

eanto

I don't think Big Sam, as a player, won too much. He was steady and did a job. Not the most gifted. In his book he says his second touch was a tackle. There is also a passage about how one of his manager's promised bonuses to other players not to pass to him in one game. But he made the most of the talent he had to make a living playing football. As a manager he has always been steady. Anyone in relegation trouble just had to call Big Sam which Sunderland did last season.

As a player Big Sam got the best out of himself as a big uncompromising centre half. He got the best out of himself. As a manager he must have got the best out of the players he managed. Or most of them. So now he needs to get the best out of the best players in England and he wants the job. He will know he will need to sort the core of the team out. Goalkeeper.  A commanding leader at centre half (a John Terry type). In midfield Eric Dier seems to be a good core player and up front Harry Kane who has proved himself very capable during the last two seasons. As long as he is not taking corners and every free kick.

I think Little Sam is joining Big Sam again. Sammy Lee. So he has plenty of international experience that should help Big Sam.

So. Come on the Sams

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a West Ham supporter, I would say that Sam came to us with the job of getting us back into the Premier League the stay there. On both these fronts he succeeded and got the best out of a team with limited ability so both boxes ticked there. But to be honest we played boring and predictable football under him. He took over from an even more boring manager in Avram Grant. Look at the difference in our game under Bilic playing attacking football, enjoying themselves and not scared of any team now. I predict that he will do a good solid job but better than Roy for sure.

image.png

It is appointments like this that make you realise that the FA and the majority of supporters that support small clubs have just got no idea. Hodgson was a massive failure when he went to a club that is actually expected to win games and not just be hard to beat. You know like teams in international tournaments have to actually win. Allardyce was  found out when he went to Newcastle whose supporters had higher expectations than merely being thugs that are hard to beat. 

Being expected to win and preparing to win are vastly different mentalities to shoring up the defence and nicking a goal. Kick it up to the big fella and have a poacher scramble a goal may work here and there but it isn't going to faze Spain France or Germany. The English players aren't terrible but the Euros showed us they were clueless going into the final third because they weren't drilled to have a system. Roy doesn't know one and Sadly neither does Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

Allardyce's first squad announced in about half an hour.

Anybody expect any surprises?

Should be a few changes from Woy's last squad.

Noble in for a start. Anyone else?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Defoe may make it,and drinkwater of course after shakespear getting the coaching job.not sure at full back if Walker is out?

Drinkwater should start for England.

image.jpeg

Looks like the suits at the FA have got Sam's balls in a bag already.

Can't understand why Chris Smalling is picked , Sam said previously that every player he pick must play regularly at their club football . Chris hasn't played full match since ...

Thought Barclay would have been included……and surprised Walcott is in

That was Big Sam Old banger when he was a player manager in Limerick in Ireland , he promote them to the Premier league in Ireland 1991-92 before going to Preston as number two coach . Only a year with them , people over there loves him , he knocked every door in Limerick to raise the money for Limerick .. I think he will do well for England ..

image.jpeg

Lallana saved big Sam blushes with a 95 th minute goal winner for England. .... Takes a load of pressure off his back .

Still think it's a crap team.

Major changes needed.

I was waiting for the Liverpool game

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Still think it's a crap team.

Major changes needed.

I think Big Sam have to include Rashford next time , he is something special , when he comes on for either England and United , he set the match alight . I think Rooney had to go , let the young guns in . They have three points in their pocket , nothing wrong to try out the new team to prepare for the Russia World Cup . Would be a huge mistake to carry on the same old England to the World Cup .

Fell asleep at half time but woke up with 5 minutes to go. Pleased for Lallana.

Team needs major changes with removal of Hart, Walker, Cahill, Stones, Rose, Rooney, Henderson and Sterling for Forster, Clyne, Terry, Davis, Bertrand, Drinkwater, Wiltshire and Ali.

In his interview afterward I thought we've finally got a manager that wants to win

The way they played suggested to me that we've got a manager who doesn't want to lose.

Under Allerdice, we'll play boring defensive football but will grind out the wins.

We just don't have the players to play attractive attacking football and win games.

Which would you prefer from England, a team that's good to watch but goes out in the first round of competitions, or a boring team that's got a chance of winning things?

The way they played suggested to me that we've got a manager who doesn't want to lose.

Under Allerdice, we'll play boring defensive football but will grind out the wins.

We just don't have the players to play attractive attacking football and win games.

Which would you prefer from England, a team that's good to watch but goes out in the first round of competitions, or a boring team that's got a chance of winning things?

That's a very difficult question. Is there an in-between?

Rashford scored a hat trick with a 6-1 win against Norway ... Big Sam must take him back to the senior England international football .

Rashford scored a hat trick with a 6-1 win against Norway ... Big Sam must take him back to the senior England international football .

Agree. He has the quality, and it seems temperament, to go a very long way.

Without minutes for Man Utd there is no way he will make the 1st XI under big Sam.  I fear for Rashford as Jose is famous for buying instant success – just look at Chelsea where he spent massive sums of money and allowed the youth players to sit in the stands.

Archived